***Hogwarts Legacy - RPG***

Currently downloading a 35GB patch. Could it be saving grace?

*EDIT* My mistake 349MB patch downloaded but it is patching 34.9GB files ?? Which is taking just over 25 minutes to do

Last edited:
Runs better for me after the patch.

Build Version - 1120320

Developer Note - This patch addresses overall gameplay performance and stability as well as online connection improvements.

Bug Fixes:

General

Fixed issues with achievement data being properly pushed to Wizarding World portal after linking.

Gameplay
Owl Mail
Fixed an issue with mail not properly triggering sequential mission.
World Events
Fixed rare crash around certain locations where in-game World Events spawning.
NPC
Fixed a rare crash when respawning NPCs in the world.
Fixed crash with some NPC schedules.
Characters
Fixed issues with flickering occurring with a transparent head while hair is still present.

UI
Updated localization text for additional content items.
Added Build version to first time EULA.
Fixed rare occurrence of mission descriptions not being displayed correctly.

Cinematics
Corrected VFX presentation of robe transformation.
Fixed a stability issue when skipping cutscenes.
Fixed a crash when playing cutscenes and cinematics.

Save Game
Fixed error of rewriting last autosave slot.
Fixed an issue when restarting from last save around not being able to talk to a vendor after initial conversation. Resolves the following reported issues: HL-494, HL-246, HL-1063, HL-590, HL-542, HL-976, HL-965, HL-1158, HL-1184, HL-1089, HL-1240, HL-1031, HL-1490, HL-1433, HL-89, HL-1930, HL-1086, HL-1636, HL-1585, HL-1028, HL-1933, HL-2606, HL-2062, HL-1587, HL-488, HL-498, HL-162, HL-1706, HL-2626, HL-2865, HL-2888, HL-2804, HL-2910, HL-2944, HL-3000, HL-3043, HL-3024.

Performance and Stability
Improved performance on Fidelity mode.
Fixed rare crash around hovering over the map.
Fixed issue with wind causing distortion and stretching of world assets.
Fixed a rare occurrence with material swapping.
Fixed a rare crash with map assets state.
Fixed Rare crash occurring with in-game world events.
Fixed a memory leak with global lighting system HL-313.

XSX
Improved crash collection to help chase rare crashes.

PC Steam/PC Epic Games
Cinematics
Fixed audio issues missing or not properly playing.
Controllers
Switch Pro controller support updates HL-346.
Upscalers
Enable frame generation while DLSS is disabled.
Anti-Aliasing and Screen resolution settings disabled when using DLSS and not Super Resolution.
Raytracing
Fixed issue with RTAO looking worse than SSAO.
Adjusted default setting to Medium Quality.
Shader type compilation optimization.
Shader compilation performance updates and functionality enhancements.
Fixed a crash affecting Text2Speech usability.
Resolved issues with world assets abruptly being stretched which resolves the following reported issues: HL-305, HL-265.
Resolved an issue with Nvidia GPUs having lower frame rate compared to AMD.
DirectX Version 12
Please note DirectX Version 12 is required to run Hogwarts Legacy on PC. We do not suggest attempting workarounds to run the game with DirectX Version 11 as this can cause stability issues with launching the game and the player experience.

Last edited:
Hmm, bunch of ppl on Reddit are saying it’s not helped them at all. It’s definitely made a massive improvement on my machine. Wonder if that’s dependant on the other ‘fixes’ we’ve tried over the last few days?

Be interested to what you guys make of it. My system is 5900X, 32GB, 3080 10GB

Vram usage seems to be significantly lower, I wonder if that’s what’s helping?

Last edited:
Haven't got around to trying it yet but may be worthwhile for those not seeing improvements or regression in performance to remove the manual tweaks done in engine.ini:

[SystemSettings]
r.bForceCPUAccessToGPUSkinVerts=True
r.GTSyncType=1
r.OneFrameThreadLag=1
r.FinishCurrentFrame=0
r.TextureStreaming=1
r.Streaming.PoolSize=4096
r.Streaming.LimitPoolSizeToVRAM=1

[ConsoleVariables]
AllowAsyncRenderThreadUpdates=1
AllowAsyncRenderThreadUpdatesDuringGamethreadUpdates=1
AllowAsyncRenderThreadUpdatesEditor=1

I haven’t reverted any of the changes we’ve tried, just updated with the patch. Hogsmead, Hogwarts, surroundings - just played an hour with no stutter or massive fps drops, locked 60fps in nvcp, all RT high, textures still high (not ultra; will try ultra textures tomorrow), 1440p DLSS Quality.

So i have the latest dlss (3.1.1 or whatever it is), the Reddit .ini tweaks (not altered in any way), 10GB set in nvcp for shaders, the CFG (control flow guard) tweak all still applied.

Last edited:
Haven't got around to trying it yet but may be worthwhile for those not seeing improvements or regression in performance to remove the manual tweaks done in engine.ini:
This seems to have helped yes. Hogsmede is the smoothest it's ever been for me now. Will test further tomorrow of course - have been playing the last few hours!

Last edited:
Performance seems vastly improved in Hogsmeade for me with the path - don't really notice much difference anywhere else but noticeably less frame rate drop out and stutter in Hogsmeade.

Actually playing it today via Steam Remote Play from my laptop at 1080p to my desktop at 1440p, not a great experience as it is basically 60Hz w/ V-Sync on but the blurring gives it an art style like those old adventure games like Monkey Island which is kind of cool.

vJBVUiJ.png

On another note is it me or is hold to run broken? toggle run works fine but not my style, hold to run goes into the animation and sprints for about 6 foot then goes to walking pace while the running animation loops broken.

Possible I've got conflicting keybinds or something so will have to look at that.

Patched this morning - removed ini mods and turned raytracing on - had a 10fps nosedive in hog smear after about 20 secs. Will experiment again later. But not fixed for me yet (at the moment)

Back
Top Bottom