***Hogwarts Legacy - RPG***

Are you a Harry Potter fan? Is it a good game without being one on its own? I’m looking for something new to play but am not really into Harry Potter myself.
I've never seen a HP film and Hogwarts is one of the best games I've played. It just does everything so well and slaps it in an amazing world to explore.

Hoping someone that’s in the same boat as me can answer. I expect the being part of the world you’ve grown to love by reading the books or watching the films is a big part of it.

It's not! I've never been a fan of HP, nor read the books. I have watched 2 of the films, that's all. The game is fantastic. Right up my street. Something new around every corner.

I've never seen a HP film and Hogwarts is one of the best games I've played. It just does everything so well and slaps it in an amazing world to explore.
Great. Just bought it off CDKeys and will start it tonight. This is the answer I was hoping for.

It's not! I've never been a fan of HP, nor read the books. I have watched 2 of the films, that's all. The game is fantastic. Right up my street. Something new around every corner.
Brilliant. Again thank you. Currently installing it for later on.

Future DLC was dependent on game performance as the game is performing well, hope there is some good news this year! 39hrs and loving it.:D

Last edited:
Looks like more of a controller kind of game. Anyone using M+K or is controller the preferred choice?

Looks like more of a controller kind of game. Anyone using M+K or is controller the preferred choice?
Started out using M+K but have since moved to playing it on the TV with controller.

what are you playing on 4K/1080p/1440
I've tried everything from 720p to 4K and it makes no difference to the stuttering, if anything 4K has less stutter than lower resolutions.

Last edited:
I just did the fix for the weird indoor fog effect and now the game looks (to me) 100% better.

Also, whilst I am a huge advocate of controllers for 3rd person games, I think KB+Mouse works great for this. Didn't feel that way for Witcher3 or RDR2 but just seems to work here.

Last edited:
I just did the fix for the weird indoor fog effect and now the game looks (to me) 100% better.

Also, whilst I am a huge advocate of controllers for 3rd person games, I think KB+Mouse works great for this. Didn't feel that way for Witcher3 or RDR2 but just seems to work here.

What's that fix?

Patch did **** all in my opinion. Various fixes to quest bugs but any mention they made of performance fixes is complete *********. From what I have been reading its actually made it worse for quite a few people. I ain't buying what they're selling. (sadly I guess I already did)

3090/I9900k

What's that fix?

Well I don't know because the person who uploaded the engine file didn't bother saying lol.

It was this anyway, fog only one. https://www.nexusmods.com/hogwartslegacy/mods/17?tab=description

Though I am wondering if this will make other areas of the game where fog would add atmosphere worse now. Looks like the changes are:
[/Script/Engine.RendererSettings]
r.fog=1 # toggle fog better to disable the fog below instead.
r.VolumetricFog=0 # Whether to allow the volumetric fog feature.

Hopefully they just remove volumetric fog from inside, that would be preferable than disabling it globally.
You see for me Witcher 3 and RDR2 are 100% M+K games.

Woah this has never happened before, someone has a different opinion to mine. Do we now have to have a back and forth about how something subjective is actually objectively wrong :D

Confession, used to switch to mouse + kb for shooting on RDR, all travel on controller.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom