***Hogwarts Legacy - RPG***

Having played and loved both Assassins Creed Odyssey and Valhalla, I'm finding this difficult to love.

Don't get me wrong it's a decent game, but it seems to be drastically lacking when compared to both these games whilst striking similarities.

Having played and loved both Assassins Creed Odyssey and Valhalla, I'm finding this difficult to love.

Don't get me wrong it's a decent game, but it seems to be drastically lacking when compared to both these games whilst striking similarities.
Perhaps you just have open world fatigue after playing those other games ? I'm beginning to fade with HL, but I've done almost 75% of everything in the game and have put about 50 hrs into it over a couple of weeks.

AC Origins, Odyssey and Valhalla are just way above other games. For me, this has been better than most other A+ games, and Im not into Harry Potter.

Perhaps you just have open world fatigue after playing those other games ? I'm beginning to fade with HL, but I've done almost 75% of everything in the game and have put about 50 hrs into it over a couple of weeks.

It's more likely my desire to want to love it has left it feeling a little underwhelming - my own expectations to the nostalgia this game would bring me was too strong. Good game no doubt, but doesn't ruffle my gillyweed so to speak.

How likely is it that this will get shut down?

Depends how it is implemented - mods tend to get shutdown if they are distributing assets they don't have rights to or are based on IP they don't have rights to. If it just hooks into a legit copy of the game without interfering with official MP (i.e. cheats) a mod won't usually be shutdown.

Minor gripe:
Why does my character have to take a step forward when casting a spell. I was standing over a chasm casting Accio or some such and he promptly casts and walks off the edge.... really?
Same when I'm duelling, I'm trying to keep my distance but yet he insists on stepping forward.

What's the point of mounts? They appear to be lesser flying machines than a nice broomstick.

Minor gripe:
Why does my character have to take a step forward when casting a spell. I was standing over a chasm casting Accio or some such and he promptly casts and walks off the edge.... really?
Same when I'm duelling, I'm trying to keep my distance but yet he insists on stepping forward.

What's the point of mounts? They appear to be lesser flying machines than a nice broomstick.
A lot less splinters in the butt though

Minor gripe:

Same happened to me and it is a very poor oversight by the devs.

Another gripe I have is why do I need to assign non combat spells for the Room of Requirements to spell slots? They could have had this context based, enter room turn on relevant spells. They are utterly useless and take up spell slots that are already limited. I actually find switching between spell slots cumbersome and end up just using the basics with one "heavy" fire attack.

DF has released their tech analysis.

Ooops, console only analysis at the moment. Maybe they’ll do PC in a follow up.

Last edited:
Bit weird how mine is working fine with ultra textures and dlss balanced at 4k though, maybe you have a browser or something in background eating vram? The texture setting in this game is apparently tied to the streaming of textures rather than textures quality itself. Either way, at least you got it sorted now :)

DLSS really is incredible tech. DLSS balanced at 4k looks more detailed than 3440x1440 dlss quality.

Yep. 4K is awesome :D:cry:

Just used the upscale thingy to render at 5160x2160 and it looks so much better than regular 1440pUW with DLSS off. I wish a decent OLED 4k UW monitor (not a tv) existed

You need to change your res in windows settings or NVCP.

To be clear, are you guys talking about setting the DSR thing?

w1IxrDr.png

I can't set native res above my monitor 3440 * 1440.

Minor gripe:

Same with flying - can't just look up and down on mouse to change vertical direction (though I believe someone made a mod for it). The PC adaption needs a bit of work especially when it comes to context sensitivity of controls.

Last edited:
@HungryHippos yes but for hogwarts you need to change monitor resolution in that same panel, then go into the game and it will be set to it.

Monitor resolution? which one?

If I go into Display > Change Resolution I only see 3440 * 1440.

Edit - I see it, once set I then have that option for res unlocked. Without DLSS this looks very weird! :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom