***Hogwarts Legacy - RPG***

Interesting theories in this thread about Denuvo possibly causing stutter issues in this game. It's now been cracked apparently so I guess we will find out soon. There have been several games where it was confirmed that Denuvo had a palpable negative impact on performace, Resi Evil Village being just one that I can remember...

Last edited:
If it has been cracked expect a massive PR drive from Denuvo shills/bots to keep perpetuating the myth their system has never been properly cracked :s

Interesting theories in this thread about Denuvo possibly causing stutter issues in this game. It's now been cracked apparently so I guess we will find out soon. There have been several games where it was confirmed that Denuvo had a palpable negative impact on performace, Resi Evil Village being just one that I can remember...

It doesn't actually stop denuvo running iirc, it just tricks it. There are a few things that can get stripped out though. Was posted on Reddit. Still be interesting to see.

I saw a stream of this game yesterday, it actually seems like a fun game. I need to decide if it would be better on a series X, or a 5700 XT/steam deck though. Anyone got any opinions?

I saw a stream of this game yesterday, it actually seems like a fun game. I need to decide if it would be better on a series X, or a 5700 XT/steam deck though. Anyone got any opinions?

Depends what kind of gamer you are - the game plays best I think on a big 4K display and controller but personally that is not for me. The PC adaption is rather mixed - some things done really well, others really not done well - at times it a lot of fun other times unnecessarily tedious and frustrating.

Example being flying where you can't just use the mouse to change your pitch to move upwards or downwards which would make flying flowing and natural - instead you have to use buttons for up/down, which is fine if you are playing on a controller but naff on PC.

Last edited:
Played for about an hour earlier and this time round the traversal stutters were minimal to a point where I can just ignore them. Quite strange how it's so varied up until now lol.

RTSS benchmark during a portion of the areas previously mentioned where there were lots of stutters moving from in to out etc:

Code:
23-02-2023, 19:27:12 HogwartsLegacy.exe benchmark completed, 33348 frames rendered in 283.266 s
Average framerate  :  117.7 FPS
Minimum framerate  :   54.9 FPS
Maximum framerate  :  175.5 FPS
1% low framerate   :   54.9 FPS
0.1% low framerate :   16.4 FPS

Also I've locked it to 75fps to keep the GPU quiet but at the same time keep render/input latency lower than at 60 locked too. This is all nice and well now.

Also pt2, been lolling around levitating cats :cry:

x7ehDZZ.png

Most of the interior is really stunning have to say, spend a lot of time just looking at the details and visuals:

Rj5XfDG.jpg ZLpm6Lc.jpg 1rQ1w2s.jpg

And the other thing I notice now is that the misty courtyard at night is no longer dropping to the 45fps or so that I initially mentioned:

4bMcTMi.jpg

Last edited:
Example being flying where you can't just use the mouse to change your pitch to move upwards or downwards which would make flying flowing and natural - instead you have to use buttons for up/down, which is fine if you are playing on a controller but naff on PC
This sort of thing really gets my goat! Harks back to Star Wars Battlefield where you couldn't use a joystick in the flying parts! Grrrr

image.png

Back
Top Bottom