***Hogwarts Legacy - RPG***

Just had a 10min run to test the new patch. Still super smooth for me but it’s changed. Game now uses only 8 real cores, others are used a little when loading but not at all after that. RAM total usage is now locked at about 23.4GB, it was up and down before, between (12-25GB). Overall, it runs well.
Edit:
Had a VM running so would be 5-6GB less.

Last edited:
Use the disillusionment spell for the chests.

The other night when I was playing, I accidentality found out that if it's night time and you approaching one of those chests you can open it. Was a bit surprised so when I saw another I just walked up to it and once again coudle open it. Guess it sleeping in the night if outside (in the castle time don't seem to matter, it always catches you).

Patch has made game unplayable for me. Never had this amount of stuttering before.

Not had any problem with the new patch. Then again I did do a totally fresh install of my drivers so might have helped me there. Hopefully you can get it sorted and enjoy the game again without the stuttering !

The other night when I was playing, I accidentality found out that if it's night time and you approaching one of those chests you can open it. Was a bit surprised so when I saw another I just walked up to it and once again coudle open it. Guess it sleeping in the night if outside (in the castle time don't seem to matter, it always catches you).

Not had any problem with the new patch. Then again I did do a totally fresh install of my drivers so might have helped me there. Hopefully you can get it sorted and enjoy the game again without the stuttering !

Got nobody to blame but myself, I never buy games on release. That said, it's not unplayable, that was me exaggerating. Turned off RT and it's a bit better.

tell you what even though im no spring chicken any more, those spiders give me the willies :cry: twice ive had to defeat that bloody acromantula, those other spiders are buggers when they tunnel up behind you when your fighting others off:cry:

Last edited:
Never had any issues with performance locked at 60 FPS

Yes, apparently there are two versions of the game, The ones the 99% have and these perfect copies that exist elsewhere.

Then again I've never thought to lower the fps all the way down to 60fps. Could be worth a go although it's generally around that with everything maxed out and ray tracing with no DLSS.

Last edited:
Anyone find the patch seems to have broken RT again? I've turned it off for now its more trouble than its worth on the upside I'm back to 120fps+ again

RT is pretty broken in the game patch or not, the only thing worthwhile is reflections and even those don't fix the issues with the water reflections, etc.

Shame as this game would look stunning fully path traced.

I also think the non-RT shadows fit the game better closer matching the feel of the movies - partly because the RT shadows are broken/being done the wrong way around due to being a hybrid instead of a full RT renderer.

Last edited:
Yes, apparently there are two versions of the game, The ones the 99% have and these perfect copies that exist elsewhere.

Then again I've never thought to lower the fps all the way down to 60fps. Could be worth a go although it's generally around that with everything maxed out and ray tracing with no DLSS.

I have a 144hz 4K monitor and a 5900X with an RTX 4080. At ultra settings with FSR quality (looks better than DLSS), the FPS fluctuates from mid 40s to low 80s.

So I capped at 60 FPS to help improve smoothness because it stops the wide fluctuations.

I prefer eye candy over high FPS and can tolerate FPS in the mid 40s. I can tell the difference between 60 and 120 FPS, I’m just very fortunate that I just don’t care. In fact in many games that reach that 144hz mark, I artificially cap at 60 so the GPU stays cool and quiet.

Reactions: TNA
FSR had significantly worse image stability when I tried it even though some stuff looks a little sharper. Aside from some rare trails and occasionally thin distant objects flickering I found DLSS worked fairly well albeit still slightly softer than native.

I found DLSS too soft and the sharpness setting defaults to off on each session. I also tried that frame generation lark. It is terrible for me, adds lag and makes 100 FPS feel like 30. It feels much more responsive at 60FPS with frame generation off.

Tried it with Witcher 3, MSFS and now Higwarts. It was objectively worse lag in every test. I don’t need to measure lag to tell how crap it feels. Looks smooth, feels like treacle.

The irony is frame generation works best with higher base FPS, when it really doesn’t matter anyway. If you play at ultra 4K setting where 40 - 70 FPS is the norm, adding frame generation is a mess.

Last edited:
I hated DLSS when it was released but the latest iterations of it and FSR work perfectly well. Even if I am getting 144Hz without FSR/DLSS, I still turn it on with a frame cap. It gives largely similar IQ and lets the GPU run cooler and quieter.

Back
Top Bottom