Horizon: Zero Dawn [PS4]

Associate
Hmm, kinda reminds me I've got to clear a few Cauldrons not done any since the first one, I've been clearing every side quest I come across and haven't really pushed the story on. Currently up to level 34 with all the Shadow weapons, think I need to go have a look at getting the upgraded spear and perhaps the weaver armour.

V F

V F

Soldato
I found the area where you first come through into the 2nd main area of the game on your way to Meridian was really good for hunting. Boar, Fox, Racoon, Rabbit and Turkey. There is a camp fire just outside of a Cauldron and that area was mint for prey. Just have to keep an eye out though as there are relatively regular convoys of those shell back things with watchers. I decided to override one to see what it did. Basically decimated everything then trundled on its way like bitch please! lol. Those things are brutal.

I really fear those Tramplers. The sound of those things let alone the speed once they spot you or even the Behemoths.

Caporegime
Can someone please confirm whether I have to find all the collectibles for the trophies first or can I do it at the end of the game? I've apparently reached a point of no return...

V F

V F

Soldato
Geez! Talk about intense. Lost count how many Glinthawks but it was an army. Then two Longlegs, a Freeze Bellowback, two Watchers and a Stormbird. Loved it!

Sadly the Stormbird got me as I was trying to be overly brave.

What a monster in the daylight!

Soldato
Greattach game and it would be 9/10 but for the fact that I've just completed it and it says well done blah blah and then tells me I can carry on, as expected, but itthrows me back to the start of The Looming Shadow. I want a game to stay completed but obviously not in this case. 7/10 as that has ****** me right off.

Soldato
Just done the 'tremors' worm in the quarry

God that was frustrating. How do you avoid that thing?!

Last edited:
Soldato
Just done the 'tremors' worm in the quarry

God that was frustrating. How do you avoid that thing?!
Just run back out of the quarry to the top of the cliff and you can shoot it from up and there and it won't hit you. Shoot off it's claws so it can't burrow and then it's easy.

Soldato
Ripped off my reddit post regarding Stalkers.

I never thought much of them until a couple of days ago when I had a Arnie Predator moment during my second run through the game.

I was hidden in a bush slowly approaching a stalker zone when I almost triggered a mine. It's audio alarm went off but not the mine itself.

I stayed motionless in the bush scanning the area ahead for cloaked stalkers because I needed to pass through this area to get to a way point. That's when I heard a noise and slowly panned the camera to my left. Imagine my horror to see a cloaked one to my left slowly inching forwards right next to me but oblivious to the fact that I was there! I remained in the bush until it went fully past and I eventually got to my waypoint. It was such a great moment.

The scene was the exact mirror of this moment from the film

V F

V F

Soldato
Kainz, yeah I really fear them due to the tail. That tail can reach you when you think you're out of reach.

Caporegime
There are. The merchants sell different weapons and armours. I do wish the heavy weapons were available to buy though.

Yeah, I have everything. :p

Had most of the shadow stuff near the start of the game. I think it would have been better with a Witcher 3 sort of system where you can improve the armour/weapons a lot more, instead of just applying coils.

Back
Top Bottom