Horizon: Zero Dawn [PS4]

Soldato
Phew...... just finished it with 100% after playing it from start to finish on the hardest difficulty :D
I must admit, there were a couple of fights I didn't think I could win without dialling back the difficulty (2 corrupted rockjumper thingies at the same time for example), but I soldiered on through. Heheh !!

One of the best games I ever played. That thing just oozes quality out of every pore.
But now I have the melancholy sadness that there's nothing left to do :(

On a side note, I wonder if anyone else noticed this or if it's just a coincidence that I got to the later stages of the game at the same time as the patches dropped, but I started seeing more 'glitchy' stuff whereas the beginning of the game was nigh on perfect. Nothing major, just slightly floating rocks and plants or overlapping conversations or objects with no textures if you looked at them from the correct angle. So I'm not sure if a little laziness crept into the development in the end stages, or if the patches might have roughed it up a bit.

Anyway.... 9.5/10 ;)

Soldato
Platinum Trophy attained, having restarted on Very Hard I can safely say I've had my moneys worth from it, absolutely loved it.

In reply to Moonpie above, I also noticed that too, unsure if it was the patches or the areas, and those two corrupted rockbreakers were quite easy if you started overriding the snapmaws and other stuff nearby, I had a massive battle going on there, it was epic :)

Associate
Had a great fight with Redmaw last night. I was expecting it to be the same as my first Thunderjaw (which I had killed an hour earlier in 1 minute with his own guns) but this guy was a beast. Resorted to plenty of traps/tearblast/hardpoint. Fun battle.

Now to get into the second half of the story after getting the side quests out the way.

Associate
Had a great fight with Redmaw last night. I was expecting it to be the same as my first Thunderjaw (which I had killed an hour earlier in 1 minute with his own guns) but this guy was a beast. Resorted to plenty of traps/tearblast/hardpoint. Fun battle.

Now to get into the second half of the story after getting the side quests out the way.
I fought Redmmaw last night and expected him to be as easy as normal Thunderjaws, boy was I wrong.

Just have the hunting trials and speak to all the allies for 100%

Caporegime
Platinum attained last night. Wow, what a game. The story line is just incredible and probably the best of anything I've ever played. Loved Aloy as a character as well.

I was going to put this straight back on eBay and make the majority of my money back, but I reckon this is one to keep tbh. I'll definitely play it again at some point.

Soldato
and those two corrupted rockbreakers were quite easy if you started overriding the snapmaws and other stuff nearby, I had a massive battle going on there, it was epic :)

Yeah, that's what I did eventually. Hahah
Sent 2 Snapmaws in while I stayed back launching volleys of triple flame arrows in whenever they stuck their heads out of the ground :)

Associate
Been playing games since BBC model b, this is easily in my top ten

Great story, lovely environment, frantic battles

Spent 4 hours trying to kill one boss, that says it all to me, any other game would have been on members market after first 30 minutes

Associate
Has anyone checked how far a robot will chase you if you keep within range of it while moving away?
I'm wondering if they have a cut-off point or if you could do what people normally do in an MMO, where you can aggro everything in an area for a massive fight for your life...

I finished it a week after launch and still feel the same :(
That's one of the reasons why I'm taking my time and not progressing the story as quickly as I normally would, I don't want to blitz through it and find myself lacking another decent game.

Soldato
Would love to see future releases of additional robots - there's so much space in the map, they could continue to add even more fearsome opponents; huge spiders maybe, or something bigger than the t-rex jobbie they have in the game (forgot it's name).

Not finished it yet, I'm doing my usual thing of playing about 6 games at moment.

Associate
How about if the cargo shell on a Shell Walker opened and released and lots of smaller spider/crab-like robots came out?
That'd really shake up those fights.

I'd quite like to see a robot (maybe a module that can appear in any shape of machine) that can undo your overrides, it'll make you feel less safe that your tamed machine is going to keep you covered.
Some smaller burrowing machines or something that applies more advanced pack tactics would be nice to see as well... maybe something big and absolutely terrifying in the water too.

I wouldn't mind if corrupted zones had the ability to re-corrupt or if new ones could form in different locations once you clear them all so that you have something to go back and clear out again.

V F

V F

Soldato
I'm assuming the Bellowback hearts are quite rare? I had to kill 10 or 11 of them before I found one. Need a Shell Walker and Longleg heart as well.

Back
Top Bottom