• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: How do you game? Upscaling or native? (updated poll choices - 24/12, revote!)

How do you game?

• Total voters

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
GPU - 4070 Ti
Res - 3440x1440 but DLDSR at 5160x2160 combined with DLSS when possible.

DLSS has come a long way to the point now for me that not using it is leaving performance on the table.

If you combine DLSS with DLDSR then there is no doubt for me you get better than native image quality. To me it is day and night improvement.

Caporegime
OP
Your doing it wrong that's why :p

Try DLDSR with DLSS and you will see it is better :D

He won't be able to as he has an amd gpu :p

As for thread results, I'm not overly surprised tbf given how this thread went i.e. power efficiency was the most important factor during rdna 2/ampere time yet here we are with ada and rdna 3..... :p ;) So much like that other thread I would say a large part of it is with people having a preference for amd/amd gpu owners voting native and also because as evidenced, FSR is never as good as native let alone better, much like myself, I would never use FSR and instead reduce settings thus native would also be getting my vote here.

Also, having read through all the posts, I've noticed it's mostly amd gpu users posting native so I probably should have done a better poll in terms of something like:

Native (AMD gpu owner)
Native (Nvidia GPU owner)
Native (Intel GPU owner)

DLSS

FSR (AMD gpu owner)
FSR (Nvidia GPU owner)
FSR (Intel GPU owner)

So I'll change the poll which would give a better insight, it won't change the results in terms of native leading for what people "use the most" (remember not preference) but at least we can see where the majority is coming from.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
@Stanners, is it possible to delete the poll and do the options above as well as enabling so we can see who votes what.

EDIT:

Probably don't bother with XESS since no one voted for it.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Yes keep doing the poll until you get the results you want.
Maybe run with

What upscaling do you use?
I prefer DLSS
I love DLSS
DLSS in most games
Always DLSS

Then you can check the results later on while putting the cookies out for Santa.

How's it getting results I want? It's not going to influence the overall result of native leading the way % wise..... It's to get a better insight to which gpu band are using what, nothing more as for obvious reasons, fsr is never better than native thus it makes sense that amd users most likely aren't going to vote for FSR (and they can't use DLSS and XESS isn't in enough games) i.e. we look at hubs (outdated now and somewhat flawed results)

TLdwmO2h.png

It ain't rocket science to read through the thread and see it's mostly amd gpu users voting/posting native.....

It's rubbish posts like yours which drag these threads down and add nothing useful to the topic.

EDIT:

And obviously we have nvidia gpu owners preferring/posting native too, hence why it would be good to see what % of nvidia owners prefer native.

Last edited:
Soldato
Native
1440P
7900XTX

Tried FSR and DLSS on my Nvidia stuff, think it's all just a bag of balls tbh and little more than a way to push Ray Traced games at playable fps.
I'd rather fob off Ray Tracing and focus on performance at native resolutions.

Not a fan of it at all.

Back
Top Bottom