How many Focus ST owners on here

Soldato
£7200

54k on the clock, front end respray and rust points sorted, block mod, 4 Michelin PS3's, 3 wheel bearings and front discs and pads all in the last 6 months.

Along with the list of options including keyless, touch screen Nav, auto wipers and lights and all the standard ST-3 spec kit.

Just for reference I have an 08 ST3 FL with 71k miles, and my best offer to date is £7k.

Car looks in very good condition, but I'm finding it rare that anyone really cares about this anymore. People just want Focus ST for £5k m8 cos I wanna go fast init. Sick of all the grammatically incorrect messages I'm getting..

"wts lowst youd tk m8"

Soldato
Any thoughts on the seats in the mk3 for long journeys?

When I test drove one recently they seemed awfully firm in the shoulders. I didn't get to spend enough time with it to decide if it bothered me or not.

Also what age do you have to be before they'll just give you the keys and tell you to bring it back when you've had a chance to get to grips with the car? or is that just an audi/bmw thing? I can't enjoy the car in any way really with someone sat next to me making small talk.

Soldato
Any thoughts on the seats in the mk3 for long journeys?

When I test drove one recently they seemed awfully firm in the shoulders. I didn't get to spend enough time with it to decide if it bothered me or not.

Also what age do you have to be before they'll just give you the keys and tell you to bring it back when you've had a chance to get to grips with the car? or is that just an audi/bmw thing? I can't enjoy the car in any way really with someone sat next to me making small talk.

Were you wearing a baseball cap backwards or trackie bottoms?:D My wifes got the prefacelift mk 3 st and the seats seem comfy to me when we drove to newquay.

Soldato
Oh dear what are Ford thinking :mad: Not content with tarnishing the ST range with the pointless diesel 185bhp ST they are now replacing the poor mans Zetec S range that's "all show and no go" with "ST Line" a new sporty range that sits under the ST with such cracking engines as a 1.0 ecoboost and 1.5 diesel :(:mad:
http://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/new-ford-focus-st-line-to-harness-rs-halo-effect/ar-BBrtXJF?li=BBoPJKX&ocid=mailsignout
So there will be 1.0 and 1.5 diesels driving round with ST badges on.:(
Given that the ST and RS are the only desirable models that Ford produce its just cheapening them even more by doing this to small engine mid range variants.

Soldato
Really wouldn't mind getting myself an ST Focus but the petrol consumption puts me off. I will probably end up with the Fiesta ST next year. The only thing putting me off that is the facelift Fiesta is due out next year but I imagine the ST will be a year or two after.

Soldato
Oh dear what are Ford thinking :mad: Not content with tarnishing the ST range with the pointless diesel 185bhp ST they are now replacing the poor mans Zetec S range that's "all show and no go" with "ST Line" a new sporty range that sits under the ST with such cracking engines as a 1.0 ecoboost and 1.5 diesel :(:mad:
http://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/new-ford-focus-st-line-to-harness-rs-halo-effect/ar-BBrtXJF?li=BBoPJKX&ocid=mailsignout
Given that the ST and RS are the only desirable models that Ford produce its just cheapening them even more by doing this to small engine mid range variants.

Don't really see how it's such an issue. It's not like it's much different to people buying a poverty spec base model to turn into a rep ST. If you have the real one that goes like stink, that's what counts!

Soldato

Well, Audi do it with their "S-line" models as well. Which are basically just standard rep mobiles with an S bodykit. I agree it does dilute the range some.

Last edited:
Associate
Bleeerrrrrrrr :(

Soldato
So I've just ordered one of those pointless ST diesels in black :o

It's only an ST-1 as it was a lease deal that came up a couple weeks back, I got given a car allowance from work so went and ordered one :)

Really looking forward to getting it, power is not going to be amazing but should make my 35 mile into work on twisty A roads a bit more fun than my current vectra.

Soldato
How much did the driveshafts cost if u don't mind me asking :confused: did u get both replaced? Looking around on Ford Forums people seem to pay between £700-1k depending on where they take it to which is shocking for new driveshafts which are a common frailty on the ST

Back
Top Bottom