How many Focus ST owners on here

Associate
I always use momentum 99. With my pre-facelift mk2 I used to get about 21-24mpg around Milton Keynes, with somewhere approaching 27-28 on a motorway trip.

I'm not convinced that momentum 99 made that much difference in mpg or performance, but it did make the pops on the overrun louder.

My Mk3 facelift gets 26-28 around town with 38-40 perfectly achievable on the motorway.

Caporegime
I always use momentum 99. With my pre-facelift mk2 I used to get about 21-24mpg around Milton Keynes, with somewhere approaching 27-28 on a motorway trip.

I'm not convinced that momentum 99 made that much difference in mpg or performance, but it did make the pops on the overrun louder.

My Mk3 facelift gets 26-28 around town with 38-40 perfectly achievable on the motorway.

Have you ever used regular unleaded? :eek:

Soldato
Driveshafts.. Where is best for replacements?

Have yours gone have they? I'm worrying that mine are in bad shape due to the vibrating through the car and bad vibration through the steering wheel on the motorway. They seem an awkward part to get hold of from looking around and I've heard some crazy prices of up to 1k to replace them by Ford :eek:

Soldato
Have yours gone have they? I'm worrying that mine are in bad shape due to the vibrating through the car and bad vibration through the steering wheel on the motorway. They seem an awkward part to get hold of from looking around and I've heard some crazy prices of up to 1k to replace them by Ford :eek:

The inner CV failed on the OSF a few months ago. I spotted it and it was repaired but I think I was too late. I get mild vibration through the steering wheel now, certain rpm's it also resonates through the car. Only happens under hard acceleration at the moment which points to the shaft.

Associate
That's going to feel like a rocket coming from an auto LX :D

Yes indeed. I had test drove an R32 as well and enjoyed it. What baffles me the most if that my current auto focus costs £285 to tax and this ST costs £205....

Very nice! Do you mind if I ask how much you paid? I didn't realise they did an ST3 on a 12 plate.

Of course, £13550 with 2 year or 24k miles warranty with Hendy Ford. It's a Black ST-3 with 37k miles on the clock.

Associate
Driveshafts.. Where is best for replacements?

I had one go a few years ago, I went to my local indie who got me a new one from ford on a refurbishment scheme where my old one was taken to be refurbished and sold again. I can't remember how much it cost but it was probably in the region of £300-400

Back
Top Bottom