How many Focus ST owners on here

Associate
£7200

54k on the clock, front end respray and rust points sorted, block mod, 4 Michelin PS3's, 3 wheel bearings and front discs and pads all in the last 6 months.

Along with the list of options including keyless, touch screen Nav, auto wipers and lights and all the standard ST-3 spec kit.

Soldato
Wow 7.2k for a 2006 pre facelift :eek:
Even though it's obviously a very well cared for example and has all the extra's the vast majority will just look on AT and see that a 2006 can be had for 5k which really limits the potential buyers. Good luck selling it though!
What are U replacing it with?

Associate
Depends if you want to buy on condition. Part Ex on mine is valued at £5.5k already.

Mine is already priced less than local dealers with a better spec and less miles.

A volvo S40 diesel, my commute is now 100 miles a day vs 30.

Soldato
I sold my 56 reg for £6700 start of the year. I got quite lucky though, I really think it was a lucky sale. I put it up for £6995. I wouldn't even contemplate asking £7200 ask price, that is facelift territory. You need to be £6995 max.

If milage is low, see what Rev It Up UK will offer you. Offered me £6250, car was on 71k. You should easily see £6400 or so :) And that will be the quickest sale you would get. But despite the condition and miles you won't get a sniff at that asking price :(

Associate
A few naff ford photos, as I have just put the PH advert live and she is looking smart.

URL]
Does look smart there - especially in performance blue :cool:

Always thought the pre-facelift mk2 ST looked a lot better and stood out nicely compared to the facelift version. Took me a fair amount of faffing and cosmetic tweeking over time to get mine looking decent (to me) compared to my previous 56 plate ST3.

Soldato
It is, it's just a 120d (I hear the crowds seething lol), M Sport with a few options - heated leather, professional audio, odds and sods. Nothing too fancy :) I'm missing a bit of proper power but I am enjoying 30 quid a week fuel bills opposed to 80!

Caporegime
It is, it's just a 120d (I hear the crowds seething lol), M Sport with a few options - heated leather, professional audio, odds and sods. Nothing too fancy :) I'm missing a bit of proper power but I am enjoying 30 quid a week fuel bills opposed to 80!

Looks nice :)

A well specced 1 series coupe was on my short list, something like a 125i but in the end I just couldn't find a nice enough one within budget. I REALLY wanted Xenons and it seems most don't !

May be next time :) Still want to own a RWD car.

Last edited:
Associate
I have been thinking of getting a new Focus ST-3, among other alternatives, and was wondering if anyone has gotten a mountune kit on theirs.
And if so was it worth the price for the upgrade?

Soldato
Had mine 6 months.

I wouldn't bother with more power. It is not easy to use the power you have at stock. The torque steer and wheelspin is pretty bad.

Its great as a daily driver with a bit of right foot.

I can change mine in three months but startign to wish i had waited for the Golf R. I saved myself £10k but its not as fun.

Associate
Had mine 6 months.

I wouldn't bother with more power. It is not easy to use the power you have at stock. The torque steer and wheelspin is pretty bad.

Its great as a daily driver with a bit of right foot.

I can change mine in three months but startign to wish i had waited for the Golf R. I saved myself £10k but its not as fun.

The Golf R is very fast, but I didnt find it very fun. It seemed like there was no skill involved in driving, just point it in the direction you want to go and floor it (and hold on!)

Soldato
Maybe im getting old but on the road thats what i want.

My days of RWD arse out action are well over.

I would much prefer that to wheel spin and pulling to the left. I had more confidence in the golf i think. I have had a few moments putting my foot down and going no where.

Soldato
I used to be exactly the same.

I remember in my cosworth days going in the original Audi RS4

I found it boring and the torque curve flatter than a pancake.

Now i want point and squirt

Back
Top Bottom