How many Focus ST owners on here

Soldato
I'm 6ft and 13 stone. 34 inch waist.

Maybe try vaseline?

Joking apart... not that much bigger / heavier than me by the look of it. I do find them a "snug fit" ... as they say. But once in, quiet comfortable.

Though I think Ford are mad making then as neat as they are. As I can imagine a fair few folks might well struggle to get comfortable, or even fit in them :eek:

Suspended
Maybe try vaseline?

Joking apart... not that much bigger / heavier than me by the look of it. I do find them a "snug fit" ... as they say. But once in, quiet comfortable.

Though I think Ford are mad making then as neat as they are. As I can imagine a fair few folks might well struggle to get comfortable, or even fit in them :eek:

As I say, it's hips and shoulders/ribs. Very uncomfortable :(

Associate
That will be the map sensor located in the intercooler cold side pipe. Get one from mister auto (A Bosch one) once fitted remove the cam fuse (no.26 under bonnet) for a few mins and that should get it all back to normal mate. :)
I'd say MAP sensor related too, the MAF tends to give an ESP fault if it gives problems - the ESP system uses the MAF as part of it's torque calculations and gets upset if the readings are iffy.

Could be worth seeing if the connection on the MAP sensor or pipe has been disturbed. Not the easiest thing to access, think you can see it better if you remove the right hand headlamp (left side if you're looking into the engine bay) It's on the Y-shaped pipe that feeds up from intercooler into the throttle body, also taps off to the symposer pipe unless it's been removed or you've got a dump valve fitted.

Reason the oil temperature gauge can be affected is that this is driven from the ECU after it makes a load of calculations of what it thinks the oil temperature is - there is no actual oil temperature sensor so it gathers load of data from other sensors and runs that through some algorithms. Pretty sure MAP sensor is included hence if there's a problem with sensor or it's connection it can affect the oil temp reading.

Worth grabbing a basic fault code reader off Amazon or ebay to get an idea of any fault codes logged, you can probably get one for £10-£15. Pulling fuse 26 might reset it but helps to know what the code was first.

Soldato
Thanks for the info guys! I appreciate it. I'll take it the garage in the morning and see what codes it brings up or if anything has come loose.

Associate
With the fault codes, now I think on not all of them will show up just with an OBD reader.

Sometimes you need something more advanced like Forscan or the ability to read the modules via an ELM327 and ELM config software. Not rocket science but bit more in-depth than plugging in an OBD2 reader - these are limited to the generic OBD software codes and don't always bring up more detailed, model specific codes.

Hopefully it's nothing major.

Soldato
Could be worth seeing if the connection on the MAP sensor or pipe has been disturbed. Not the easiest thing to access, think you can see it better if you remove the right hand headlamp (left side if you're looking into the engine bay) It's on the Y-shaped pipe that feeds up from intercooler into the throttle body, also taps off to the symposer pipe unless it's been removed or you've got a dump valve fitted.
This is exactly what was causing the fault! Thanks tl45 ;) it's all running good again now boosting properly and gauges are working as they should.

Associate
As I say, it's hips and shoulders/ribs. Very uncomfortable :(

If I get my body position right, they are very comfortable, if I don't get myself in the right position they really hurt my lower back after about 30 minutes.

I actually looked it up on the recaro website, and it specifically tells you to make sure your butt is right back as far as it can go in the seat. Also your shoulders should make contact with the back of the seat at all times.

For the reference I'm 5"8 @ 12stone, with T-rex arms.

Associate
So, I had my MP275 kit fitted today and I'm reasonably impressed, I wouldn't say it revolutionizes the way the car drives like other remaps I've had on previous cars, but feels more like an evolution of the stock feel.

The power delivery is very smooth, it certainly feels faster and the power feels stronger higher up the rev range. The new induction noise is very much improved over stock.

I would say it's worth the asking price, IF you are worried about warranty, if my car was out of warranty I would have found a cheaper package from a similar tuner. But I plan on keeping the car for at least another 2 years, and it's my daily driver, so reliability is important.

Soldato
Had a nightmare with mine last week.

1. Locking nut self-destructed. 2x garages could not remove with a fancy remover tool that forms the shape of the key slot. Welded a nut on but space is tight, weld wasn't good enough and it sheared. Friend is smashing a socket over it this week - brute force required.

2. Bonnet would not open. Thought I fixed it last time but no. Wasted 6 hours trying to get it open from underneath without destroying anything, gave up in the end and smashed the mechanism off. Replacement required.

3. Horn decided to stop working. Horn then decided to start working.

On the plus side I have fitted the RS spark plugs and booked the remap for the 18th. Stage 1 to start with, see how the power suits me before making any decisions about progressing modifications further.

Soldato
Pinched from the 'what have you done today' thread.

Painted all my grills black (originally grey)and the front bumper lower lip. Rear diffuser to do next week.

IMG_20160710_133053.jpg

Soldato
Have the rear diffuser still to do however the masking tape was not flexible enough for the curves so I've ordered some pin stripe stuff.

Intercooler on tonight, far less faff fitting that than it was the RS spark plugs!

IMG_20160713_164457.jpg

Associate
Looks good.

On a negative, I've discovered one of my rear tyres has a leaky valve, which is a trip to ford because of the TPMS sensor in the valve.

Should be under warranty as the car is only 18 months old and still on the original rear tyre.

Just a major inconvenience, especially when evans halshaw want the car for an entire day. Even though I called out ford assist and got them to write a detailed description of what is wrong and said it was a 10 minute job...

Soldato
Anyone know the difference between the dreamscience dsf3000 device and the stratagem unit they also do :confused:
There's someone selling the dsf3000 for £170 with 3 lives left are these worth buying? Just unsure as you see some for sale that require updates or unlocking etc by dreamscience

Associate
Quick google seems to suggest they're similar units.

Could be the Strategem is a later version of the DSF3000, perhaps with later maps on it. Maybe ask the seller what maps come on the handset?

The units which need resetting or unlocking are probably those which have had all their lives used up.

If you need more info perhaps drop Dreamscience an email? they were always good at responding to queries about their products from my experience.

Back
Top Bottom