How many Focus ST owners on here

Soldato
So this happened on the weekend. Sorry for the potato of a photo, no sure whats up with my phone camera at the moment. Not to everyones taste I know but I like them :)

s1anUFW.jpg

Soldato
Good colour choice! Colour coded looks so much better than the black most people seem to go for.

TOq1FC0h.jpg

Changed my fuel pressure sensor today. Hopefully that should clear up the cel issues I was having. Left the kam fuse out for a bit and it's running much better now. RS clutch and a fmic needed next!

Soldato
Test drive went well and after some discussions aroudn the price I've placed the order today. ST3 in blue with all the options should be with me in about 12 weeks.
There some options i wished mine had but none of them add on options it didn't have where deal breakers for me, would just been nice to have things like the sun roof but Am still loving mine how it is...
The only thing I found that would have made it nicer to drive for me was if the driver position was lower to the floor but that because i been so used to driving my RX8 for the last 5 years

Am finding it an amazing car for driving around on my little island due to all the low down torque it has..:):):)

Last edited:
Soldato
I really wanted a sunroof, I regret not getting one in my current car so was definitely going to get one on the Focus.

The spec I've ordered is:

ST-3, petrol.
Deep Impact Blue
ST Style pack (19" wheels & rear privacy glass)
Door edge protectors
Power slide/tilt sunroof
Heated steering wheel
Premium Sync 3 navigation
Rear view camera
Blind spot information system
Driver assistance pack

The power delivery in the ST is very different to my current car (N/A 3.2 v6) and as much as I'll miss a 6 pot it's time to move on.

Soldato
Worked out at around 21MPG with today fill up

25ltrs of fuel did 116miles

Considering where you live and the sort of driving you must be doing (unless traveling over to the mainland) then I suspect you'll be lucky to see much more than 25/26MPG.

Just drive the car and enjoy it and try to forget how often you are having to visit a petrol station :D

Associate
Guys i finally received my St3, long story but it took 9 weeks to complete. I got it home and noticed the Sat Nav didn't work. I took it back to ford on Saturday and then found out it never had Sat Nav. It was clearly sold saying it had it and Ford know this. I dont want to return the car (They have offered a refund) but what are my real options? I believe this is just a head unit replacement,is this true?

Soldato
there are no options.

I had this also, decided to keep the car. Its a licence issue.

If you dont want to invalidate the warranty there is nothing you can do.

You can replace the head unit but when you get it serviced it will be reset to the factory default. The ford guys also told me it can cause issues with other electrics.

Factory fit only :(

Edit: if you get told otherwise or find a way to do it let me know!

Last edited:
Soldato
Guys i finally received my St3, long story but it took 9 weeks to complete
Does it have sync 3 ?

I believe this is just a head unit replacement,is this true?
From what I can work out it has to be enabled in the software by ford , But they will not do this...
It the same as I want to add the ford rear view camera to my ST3 but I can't :(

It seems stupid & crazy that you can't add some these options at a later date..

Last edited:
Soldato
Guys i finally received my St3, long story but it took 9 weeks to complete. I got it home and noticed the Sat Nav didn't work. I took it back to ford on Saturday and then found out it never had Sat Nav. It was clearly sold saying it had it and Ford know this. I dont want to return the car (They have offered a refund) but what are my real options? I believe this is just a head unit replacement,is this true?

Bummer...

Though personally I would not be too worried myself. If only because the built in SatNav isn't that great anyway. I'd just buy a decent stand alone TomTom unit (much better in my opinion). For the money that Ford charge for SatNav, you could get not one, but two top of the range stand alone units. And at least these would almost certainly have free lifetime map updates etc! Try having a look to see how much Ford (or any car manufacturer come to that) charges for a "single" map update. Though the unit in my car (2016) appears to have the latest maps that Ford has available, there are roads and a complete local housing estate missing off them! And they are there even on the free SatNav that I have on my mobile.

Associate
its a 2015 model so Sync 2. They have messed me around big time with my purchase. It all started when they realized they was no tax book. I just collected it on Friday and when i got home i couldn't get the Sat Nav working. I was supplied with the maps on the Sd Card, so even Ford thought it was the Sat nav model.

I have already been given services and Valet's but surely if i have been sold this car I'm entitled to have this rectified? Or at least decent compensation, I don't really need Sat Nav but i did pay for it in the description.

Soldato
its a 2015 model so Sync 2. They have messed me around big time with my purchase. It all started when they realized they was no tax book. I just collected it on Friday and when i got home i couldn't get the Sat Nav working. I was supplied with the maps on the Sd Card, so even Ford thought it was the Sat nav model.

I have already been given services and Valet's but surely if i have been sold this car I'm entitled to have this rectified? Or at least decent compensation, I don't really need Sat Nav but i did pay for it in the description.

I'd be looking for some form of compensation myself, if only to finance a decent SatNav!. Keep pushing, I'd be surprised if they don't offer something. If only a voucher that you could use against your next service.

Associate
I will let you know what they come back to me with. Even when i insured the car it came in as the St3 Navigation model. Something is clearly not right with my purchase. Ford checked their own system that day (Etas) i think they said. Thats when we found it wasn't installed.

Soldato
https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRe...=1DC4E8C9EAF712B3729285CC22C39B5A.eccvas1900a

put in your registration see if it comes listed with NAV

mine says:

Less Navigation System
Less Navigation Data

When i bought the car the salesman was not the one that did the quote they had another guy who would do that. It got removed at some point there. I paid for the reversing camera and had a load of other options for some reason that one was missed.

Was NAV listed on the order sheet you signed. I obviously didn't read it closely enough and didnt pick up on these items on the build sheet. When i kicked off they showed me the order sheet i had signed. The salesman even admitted that i said i wanted NAV but they stuck to their guns with the build sheet. I wont be keeping the car anyway so they will have to sell on a fully loaded ST3 petrol estate without NAV. I wont be buying another new ford from them.

Im double screwed because i have a rear camera i cant replace the APIM module with a NAV version that didn't have a rear camera or i will loose that functionality.

Back
Top Bottom