How many Focus ST owners on here

Soldato
The strategem is the newer unit I think. They're essentially the same unit if you're going up to ModX though. Both can handle ModX and TurboX, however I don't think either will take ModXRS.

Soldato
Stage 1 remap has been done now. Went with Ecotech Performance. They developed the software with R-Tech (under the guise of Hex+) which I was sold on as I loved the R-Tech map on my Octavia vRS.

Came away with 260bhp/300ftlb. Doesn't sound a lot compared to other figures but there's no willy waving and bull crap numbers.

Gives a solid drive with a heap load of midrange torque, much more involving to drive over standard :)

Soldato
It was cheap compared to a hand held unit.

They said the intercooler helped massively with IAT's. When I made the enquiry/booking they asked me about what I expected in terms of power gains - i told them I was realistic.

If I had a sports cat and downpipe then the figures would be much higher but I wanted to keep the car as it was - didnt want to be worrying about clutch replacement as soon as the map was on :D

Soldato
Depends if you added the premium audio. I don't think standard it does have the sub or centre speaker. It was a option costing £150 I think when I ordered mine so was a no brainer to get.

I raced my mates 635D yesterday. Got my ass handed to me standing start and on the autobahn. Quite a big difference compared to mine.

Last edited:
Soldato
Can anyone recommend a bodyshop in the the south east that can colour match EO? Monkeyfinger Custom Paint in Knottingley are the best apparently but I just cannot seem to find the time to get up there (I would need to stay the night etc). I need a repair and respray done on my rear bumper.

In other news I had a full SMD conversion done by SJ Conversions on the weekend. Had him do it in white and it looks awesome. I will get some pics when it gets darker tonight :)

Soldato
What you guys paying for insurance on your Focus St ?
Please Reply with the car year and spec (IE ST1 ,ST2, ST3 ,Petrol or diesel etc)

I just phoned my insurance and got quoted £670 for a petrol 2015 ST3 (But don't know if this is about right or high/low :confused:)
I was hoping for it to be around £500 :(

Last edited:
Soldato
Postcode is going to be massive contributing factor, so don't think you'll be able to comparative quote unless somebody resides at your location.

I move from one local postcode to another 3 years ago and the difference was a £200 reduction.

Soldato
Postcode is going to be massive contributing factor, so don't think you'll be able to comparative quote unless somebody resides at your location.

I move from one local postcode to another 3 years ago and the difference was a £200 reduction.

and your age, mileage, points, accidents, named drivers, drive or garage, job title etc etc etc...

Slightly odd question to be honest.

Associate
Its so hard to judge with insurance, as a 28 year old with 6 years NCB mine was £460/year, increasing to £500 with MP275 addon. In a part of Milton Keynes which is a group "D" postcode.

Soldato
Please Reply with the car year and spec (IE ST1 ,ST2, ST3 ,Petrol or diesel etc)

I just phoned my insurance and got quoted £670 for a petrol 2015 ST3 (But don't know if this is about right or high/low :confused:)

2016 ST3 (petrol)...
£221.92 fully comp protected NCB + loan car extension (5* company).

But then again, I am an old Git and live in the middle of nowhere :D

As already stated... there are so many variables, that trying to compare one persons quote to someone else's, is pretty meaningless ;)

Just keep shopping around. Not only try the O/L comparison sites, but phone a couple of brokers and maybe some of the ones like Direct Line, that don't use the comparison sites.

Good luck.

Soldato

Got a £240 quote from the same place i have my motorbike insured with ...:)

Am going double check they haven't made a mistake somewhere as one quote being £670 and the other being only £240 seems crazy

Last edited:
Soldato
Colour?

Be interested to hear if it has come with sync3?
Frozen White And sync2

I didn't order it in as it was the car they already had in there show room.
I would have needed to wait around 12 weeks or longer if I wanted one to my my own spec which was not an option for me really due to my last car had died and I needed a replacement car ASAP

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom