How many Focus ST owners on here

Soldato
Soldato
Guys does anyone have the in built sat nav (blaupunkt?)

The nav itself thinks that it is in the completely wrong place. I am currently in Leicester but it is managing to think it is in newport

Also... is there any way to retrofit bluetooth streaming on an 09 car does anyone know?

Soldato
Disconnect battery - make sure you have the code for radio, should be in your paperwork - see if it resets the nav.

Think you can retro fit Bluetooth by using a Bluetooth sat nav but not 100% on that.

Soldato
Also... is there any way to retrofit bluetooth streaming on an 09 car does anyone know?

Don't know if it's any different for the satnav unit, I had the regular 6CD DAB radio I got it about 90% done on my car before I changed the headunit anyways.

You'll need to buy a bluetooth module which goes in behind the glovebox, a microphone which goes in the light housing above the dash, an possibly a patch cable. Then you need to program it in using a ELM cable. There's a tutorial on the STOC forum which goes into all the detail.

Soldato
Soldato
Don't know if it's any different for the satnav unit, I had the regular 6CD DAB radio I got it about 90% done on my car before I changed the headunit anyways.

You'll need to buy a bluetooth module which goes in behind the glovebox, a microphone which goes in the light housing above the dash, an possibly a patch cable. Then you need to program it in using a ELM cable. There's a tutorial on the STOC forum which goes into all the detail.
Oh sorry, I forgot to mention it already has the blaupunkt sat nav and climate system so it has Bluetooth calling just no phone

Anyway regarding the nav issues... The battery reset didn't work but I rang EH up and they have booked it in to have a look at that and the rear suspension knocking I can hear (which I suspect may be a rear drop link as it is an advisory off the MOT)

Soldato
You might just be able to get away with updating the headunit firmware then, think I remember there being a post saying you coudl enable it now. Might need an ELM cable and the software though.

Soldato
Picked up a cheap ST a week or so back its a 2005 ST-2 with 118k on doesn't seem to use any oil or anything and feels solid.

I have it booked in for 6th September for a cambelt and water pump and will change all aux belts and the battery as that seems weak also

After that's its full overhaul of the fluids

Love the car so far. I own a Megane 225 F1 with cup chassis which is definitely the better handling car but the ST feels well put together and there's something about the cabin and driving position I like

Soldato
As per usual I decided to do a couple of things with my car but the other way round from what I was originally thinking.

Still had my bluefin for the Octavia so I'm returning that and having it recoded/ a new one sent out from superchips as I can get a decent discount by doing so

Also going to have a poke around underneath and start refreshing the required suspension components along with trying a stiffer rear engine mount

Likely to then replace either the intercooler or downpipe and look to drop in an lsd either whenever the clutch goes or in the summertime next year.

Unless I get bored and sell the car by then, but at least spend will have been fairly minimal (and I still really like it anyway).

Soldato
Soldato
Does anyone have a tested version of the ELM config program? I have just ordered a cable however not finding any trustworthy looking sites to download the program from....

Soldato
I might have on an old laptop, though I pretty much exclusively use FORSCAN with a switchable OBD2 and only ever really checked elmconfig could connect

Soldato
Soldato
Cool. Is forscan a similar setup to elmconfig or is it used for different things? Looking to check what Bluetooth module it has and also add auto locking etc

Man of Honour
Has anyone had a screen replaced on a mk3 ST? Any issues afterwards with the rain sensors? Autoglass are coming out tomorrow as I've got a crack in mine.

Associate
Has anyone had a screen replaced on a mk3 ST? Any issues afterwards with the rain sensors? Autoglass are coming out tomorrow as I've got a crack in mine.

Had my Volvo S40 T5 windscreen done (same car) with autowipers and they were fine other than the fact it leaked and they had to come out again.

Used them 3 times in recent years and oddly not one has got it right without another call out. Good customer service though, fit another new windscreen FOC each time.

Man of Honour
Had my Volvo S40 T5 windscreen done (same car) with autowipers and they were fine other than the fact it leaked and they had to come out again.

Used them 3 times in recent years and oddly not one has got it right without another call out. Good customer service though, fit another new windscreen FOC each time.
Thanks. It's my own fault I think, I heard a massive stone/object hit the window the other week, had a quick glance when I was driving and couldn't see anything. By the time I got to work I'd forgotten. The crack has started from the bottom right of the screen, clearly from a chip. Had I have looked properly I guess the chip could have been repaired and I wouldn't have to pay £100 to have the screen replaced. Live and learn!

Back
Top Bottom