How many Focus ST owners on here

Soldato
So after my post yesterday, i'm looking at mk3 ST's again...gotta be Tangerine Scream though :D

Is it worth trying to opt for an St3 spec over an St2, doesn't seem to be a lot of price difference between the two.

Soldato
Soldato
So regarding the bluetooth streaming... it appears my car was made in the weird time where the bluetooth module supports A2DP but had not had the relevant firmware applied at manufacture as BT streaming/A2DP only really started to come in at the start of 2010.
So a 15 minute USB stick update to the firmware of the BT module means I now have bluetooth streaming :)

Soldato
So after my post yesterday, i'm looking at mk3 ST's again...gotta be Tangerine Scream though :D

Is it worth trying to opt for an St3 spec over an St2, doesn't seem to be a lot of price difference between the two.

I wouldn't turn down a car you otherwise like because it's an st-2 tbh, the full recaros are really susceptible to creasing/marking which dates them incredibly quickly if not kept on top of, parking sensors can be added cheaply if you miss them (though they're useful in the estate) and the folding mirrors may or may not matter to you.

The xenon's are about the only real deal breaker for me - which I don't think an st-2 will have.

Just make sure you're paying the right price - mine was circa £12k (from ford) 1.5 years ago, same age but with slightly lower miles than that. It's also an estate, st3 with one of the packs which I'd expect to bump it up a bit. I'd be surprised if it would still be sold for £12k today (retail) which makes that look at least a grand over priced

Soldato
Five years and five months with mine today and I still look forward to driving it each day. :D

It did recently cook it's own alternator though and didn't tell me that it had done so until I was stranded with no battery at the side of the road (i'm sure there's supposed to be a battery warning light?). Plus it's actually quite a pain to fit another as there's not a lot of room under the bonnet to work with.

Soldato
£650 lol my local indie done the cambelt, Aux belt and water pump for £380 on my ST225 when I had it. Just google around if there’s any local ST experts etc or take it to a trusted indie.

Soldato
Yes I was always into my fast fords when younger.. XR2.. ST24.. ST 170 (well.. the diesel copy ST TDCi) so I would always have been interested in this car but the way the press went on about it and this review pushed me over the edge to ordering before testing.

I take issue with it not being a binge drinker though.. it absolutely is, especially if you drive it like it ought to be driven.

ROOOOONEY!!!!

Soldato
I get 30mpg bit of dual carriageway and booting it on rural.

People on the stoc seem to think its some sort of competition how bad the fuel is. When in actual fact I think it pretty good for what it is.

Associate
I get 30mpg bit of dual carriageway and booting it on rural.

People on the stoc seem to think its some sort of competition how bad the fuel is. When in actual fact I think it pretty good for what it is.
I have had 33mpg at one light footed stage, usually on the country roads I take into work it's around 25mpg, which is around what I've come to expect. Flat out on an autobahn it got...err...4mpg!

Soldato
Whichever way you look at it a family hatch that struggles to get over 30mpg (in 4 years, 2 STs and about 150k miles I don't think I ever saw over 30mpg on a whole tank.. more like 28/29) is not what you'd call cheap to run which was my point.

Unless you're comparing it to things like M3s or 4x4s.. I'm only commenting on the clarkson video..

I mean servicing etc wasn't cheap either having fixed 12k intervals, eating turbos, lunching tyres, wheels made out of butter that needed straightening etc etc.

Still a massive hoot and I still want one to this day. It was practically an automatic considering you could drive it in 2nd and 6th as well :)

Soldato
Full wheel alignment on Hunter Hawk eye done today front were out a reasonable amount rear was fine. New rear tyres on as got a nail in.

Total spend so far is around 400 on just getting the car sorted.

Next up is getting the dreamscience unit to map it myself. The overrun maps look lots of fun :D

Then I should be about happy with the car

Soldato
Full wheel alignment on Hunter Hawk eye done today front were out a reasonable amount rear was fine. New rear tyres on as got a nail in.

Total spend so far is around 400 on just getting the car sorted.

Next up is getting the dreamscience unit to map it myself. The overrun maps look lots of fun :D

Then I should be about happy with the car

Mods so far? Have a look on the group's or eBay as you can pick them up reasonably priced with a few lives left on the unit.

Back
Top Bottom