How many Focus ST owners on here

Soldato
Soldato
ST-3 yup. It has the sat nav/climate bluetooth system thingy (blaupunkt?), rear view camera, sunroof and is completely bone stock so no remap, exhaust etc

Seems to have been well looked after. Obviously has the age related paint chips etc, but full ford service history (service every year at dealer). 2 previous owners, 1 of which was ford UK for a few months and then the same person for 8 years after. Previous guy has fitted P zeros all around which told me it had at least a bit of money spent on it!

Associate
ST-3 yup. It has the sat nav/climate bluetooth system thingy (blaupunkt?), rear view camera, sunroof and is completely bone stock so no remap, exhaust etc

Seems to have been well looked after. Obviously has the age related paint chips etc, but full ford service history (service every year at dealer). 2 previous owners, 1 of which was ford UK for a few months and then the same person for 8 years after. Previous guy has fitted P zeros all around which told me it had at least a bit of money spent on it!
Same spec as mine, very rare.

Associate
Only thing it is missing is auto lights & wipers which I was a bit miffed about but one less thing to go wrong I guess.
Ah, not quite the same spec! Auto lights & wipers aren't an issue, the reversing camera however is another issue completely. I'm convinced on mine it's a wiring fault as I've replaced the camera, the control module, the wiring and the reverse parking sensors. The head unit itself isn't at fault as I've hooked it up to a DVD player (from the boot) and it shows a picture, from that I can only guess it's the power (or lack of) getting to the control module.

Associate
I doubt it's the camera, I replaced that for a new one.

Mine is a 2009 60 plate, Bluetooth streaming works as standard, the only downside I've found is that the track names don't show up. I've used it a few times with Spotify, mostly I just use USB to play music and Bluetooth for phone.

Soldato
Soldato
I doubt it's the camera, I replaced that for a new one.

Mine is a 2009 60 plate, Bluetooth streaming works as standard, the only downside I've found is that the track names don't show up. I've used it a few times with Spotify, mostly I just use USB to play music and Bluetooth for phone.
OK hopefully mine has it enabled too however I think bluetooth streaming became a thing in 2010 for most cars so fingers crossed!
Forgot to check yesterday but not a deal breaker

Soldato

How much and what mileage if you don’t mind me asking? Is that from a main Ford dealer your buying? Seems a far better example than that high mileage 5k one you linked to a while back :p

Soldato
Soldato
How much and what mileage if you don’t mind me asking? Is that from a main Ford dealer your buying? Seems a far better example than that high mileage 5k one you linked to a while back :p
Went over budget a bit but never mind... £6650 with 2 years evans halshaw warranty. It's on 100k at the moment but I checked the warranty documents of course and it covers pretty much everything including cracked liners, cambelt failure before interval, suspension etc so I have no doubt it'll fill it's £450 price within 2 years!
They also knocked the "admin fee" off (£100) but I was never going to pay that anyway.

It is probably over the actual value of the car but for the sake of a couple of hundred £ the warranty gave me a little peace of mind. Won't be modifying for a couple of years either due to insurance.

Soldato
I've got a brand new genuine pollen filter and a new replacement oil housing breather pipe (the one that snaps) in my shed. Are they any use to anyone?

Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
Well I suppose some of them do come with stripes on! Anyway, sorry to hear that, I guess they're repairing it?
Yeah respray of the whole front bumper. Apparently it could be done by just polishing the small area as it is just a graze but they are getting the full panel resprayed. Guess it is a good thing as it was quite reasonably stone chipped!

Back
Top Bottom