How many Focus ST owners on here

ST1.jpg

ST3.jpg

Had it just over a month now!! Love everything about it... the exhaust makes a noise like no other, popping and banging all the time.

Came from a 1.6 focus to this, best decision ever!!

The one previous owner had them changed. I got the car at 23000 miles. It is an 08 car though not a pre-facelift with facelift parts added on. To be honest i think i prefer the pre-facelift alloys... they look a little more beefy.

What's the difference? I've been looking to buy an ST, they all seem to have those alloys :confused:

Pre facelift:
prefacelift.jpg

Facelift:
faceliftu.jpg

Sorry pics aint the best but it gives you enough idea :)

The one previous owner had them changed. I got the car at 23000 miles. It is an 08 car though not a pre-facelift with facelift parts added on. To be honest i think i prefer the pre-facelift alloys... they look a little more beefy.

Tidy car mate, apart from needing a good wash :p Oh and a haunted house (ghostly image at door) ;)

Not much difference other than colour? I think I prefer the pre facelift ones anyway

Difference isn't colour.

The pre-facelift has more of an outwards shape to the centre, whereas the pre-facelift has an inwards shape to the centre. The facelift has a re-design of the spokes too. Instead of a flat spoke it had a slight angle to it.

The purpose was that the alloys were known for buckling, and the facelift alloys are said to be stronger...

Facelift:
014.jpg

Pre-facelift:
m5lp_0611_05_z%2B2006_ford_focus_ST%2Bwheel.jpg

This thread has gone quiet lately. We need to keep it alive!!

Weather was lovely at the weekend, so gave the car a clean on my half day on Friday, then too a trip out into the country to get her all dirty again!!!

4d4bdd5a.jpg

ee832b3f.jpg

1816105e.jpg

The reason why everyone should use two buckets!

6b60e8c4.jpg

aea37ae9.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

5845aee8.jpg

Plans for the rest of the year:

- Wheels need refurbing
- Replace ST Badging (have lots of polish residue and have become scruffy from previous owner/garages)
- Bodywork, few scratched need painting and front bumper needs done too
- Laser alignment
- Something better to house my numberplate, or maybe just some sticky pads (although these seem to fail with water getting in behind them

Once the condition is back to how I want it, I'm then going to think about power mods. I know a lot of ST owners says it completely changes the car! So want to give this a try out. Next year is more likely, and will also see myself doing a lot of track days at any given opportunity :)

Cleaning wise I need:
- AG SRP
- Collinite Wax
- Clay bar kit
- Wooly Mammoth

Booked in for a Stage 1 Collins remap at the end of this month. Travelling down to Stratford-Upon-Avon for Global Gathering and since it's just off the M6 I thought it would be rude not to pop in. Can't wait :D

Let me know how you get on. I want exactly the same thing. I'm tempted to pop down for a full service, and stage 1 remap at the same time!!

Have you got an intercooler fitted already? I'm trying to source a second hand one, and pop it in the boot for them to fit when I go...

Let me know how you get on. I want exactly the same thing. I'm tempted to pop down for a full service, and stage 1 remap at the same time!!

Have you got an intercooler fitted already? I'm trying to source a second hand one, and pop it in the boot for them to fit when I go...

Will do, I imagine it'll only be good things to report going off what the rest of FSTOC says.

Nope, not at the minute but i'll be getting one in the coming months and have John-ST3 fit it for me either as I get it, or when my service is due in November.

Yeh, I've tried contacting him before about fitting a de-cat pipe. He seems a busy man!

Will contact him when I have sourced an intercooler. Already have K&N fitted, so I just need to the re-map and i'll be sorted.

Lots of things on the to do list before though:
- Alignment
- Alloy wheel refurb

Then I've got a service and insurance renewal in the coming months. So I think the re-map.intercooler is going to be put off!!

Got so stuff to sort before Ford Fair, just won a Code:Red top pipe, which should come soon, will just leave it, as John is doing a service on mine before FF and you need to take the pipe off to do the plugs anyway so will swap it then. Got a pulley to change, and got this Forge actuator sitting here, which will be changed if there's time. Got to plastidip my top grill again, might redo the rest of the plastics, while I'm at it, and still need to mount my incar camera ready for track time. Also need to drop out the engine mount, press out the old bush and put the powerflex one in.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom