How many Focus ST owners on here

New engine in, and car back with me, sweeter than ever, haven't pushed it too much yet, and I'm doubtful I'm going to use my track time at Ford Fair this coming weekend.

Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 225/40 R18 92Y XL R1

Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 225/40 R18 88Y

Not entirely sure what the difference is here except one is XL and one isn't! But I'll probably be getting these tyres next on my ST.

However if you are wanting £120 rubber including fitting:

Dunlop SP Sport Maxx TT

Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110

I can vouch for these as being OK tyres, with the Dunlops being slightly better all round.

Had a shop around for the Eagle F1's and most places had them priced quite a bit higher than the site you linked to! So i've just bought two from there, can't wait to get them on the car.

how much did all that set you back if you don't mind me asking?

£1100 fitted, which considering most engines on eBay are at least £1000-1700 it's a very good price, engine has had a new cam belt, so that won't need doing for a while, and my camshaft oil seals on my old engine had blown so those don't need doing now, and the new engine has 30,000 less miles than my old one.

Is it a standard engine too? Or had John fiddled with it?

Standard engine, all bits that could be swapped over were, all my mods are back on, which I was running similar spec to John at the rolling road and this engine got 327 and my old one got 317 so should still be around that figure.

Just a heads up for anyone wanted the Eagle F1s from the link posted, mine shipped today but from Germany and the expected delivery date is the 15th. So don't expect fast delivery!

Ouch, mine had three different brands of tyres on mine when I bought it :( all rubbish aswell.

Been running car a bit more aggressively now, lots of smoke after boosting for a bit, suspect either residue in the exhaust system and turbo being burned away, or possibly when my oil and water mixed its buggered the turbo up, gonna give it a few days and see after that. Also when I filled it up I got a range of 380 miles which is about 130 miles more than normally comes up, I dunno if that's because the car has been sat without a battery for a while so the ecu needs to relearn abit, or that something is up with the fuelling, but I can't see how that would be possible.

Back
Top Bottom