How many Focus ST owners on here

Awesome wheels. Grip so well when flying round corners and even from a standing start on my remapped ST, they grip the road well for minimum wheel spin. I managed to have a drive to work in the rain and they seemed to hold really well, didn't notice no wheel spinning or sliding.

Awesome wheels. Grip so well when flying round corners and even from a standing start on my remapped ST, they grip the road well for minimum wheel spin. I managed to have a drive to work in the rain and they seemed to hold really well, didn't notice no wheel spinning or sliding.

Great news! I'm sold!

I'm probably going to try and combine an alloy refurb with fitments of new F1AS2's, which should save me £20 :)

They still are a bit flexi compared to something like bridgestones but good for grip.

I guess its not too much of an issue on the ST as the tyre profile is very low.

They are scarily bad in mildly moist conditions. I've got them on the front, and nothing happens. That amount of time the traction kicks is is annoying to the point I have turned it off.

Mine will lose grip in the dry quite easily, too easily for my liking.

you people must drive like lunatics! My FK452s were absolutely fine for my dreamscience tuned ST2 for tens of thousands of miles in dry/rain/cold/snow etc.

I found my foot was perfectly capable of judging traction.

Ahh mine is quite a bit more than that, they do struggle to put the power down if you give it some. Just gets a bit worse as the power rises i guess.

thinking about an ST-2 and wondered what to look out for.

Can you get a decent one at ~£6k?

Not much to look out for on them, it's just what you'll need to possibly expect when it comes to repairs. I've got a guide that I post on FocusSTOC...

It's best to join up for £10 a year and you'll get a wealth of information!

EDIT:
A few things to get you started:
22-25MPG average
30+ achievable on a long run (I did a 360 mile round trip to Liverpool and back to Newcastle and got 35MPG)
Tyres are £100 a corner for midrange, up to around £125-£130 for premium

Common Faults:
Alternator - £200-£250
Oil Filter Diaphragm - £150-200 (Cheapest is currently £146)
Slipping Clutch (Occurs normally only after remapping) - £750-£850
Undertray being obliterated - £53.23

Modding:
Remaps: Stage 1: 250-270bhp (Can be done on a completely stock car)
Remaps: Stage 2+ Completely depends on the tuner. Collins Stage 2 for example requires full mods but is 320bhp, while Bluefin can be put on a stock car but will only run around 270bhp.
Intercoolers: £260-£500
Exhausts: £600-£1,000
Induction Kits: £250-£400
Eibach Springs: £200 fitted (Most say this is a necessity)

I am currently looking for an st-3

I am looking for 07 (post updates) or a facelift.

I was originally looking for an unmodded car but I am strongly considering now something that has had some of the work already done. Specifically exhaust, inter cooler, remap and springs would be ideal.

Jut watching for one that fits my criteria now while saving a bit of extra money to put in the pot :)

I am currently looking for an st-3

I am looking for 07 (post updates) or a facelift.

I was originally looking for an unmodded car but I am strongly considering now something that has had some of the work already done. Specifically exhaust, inter cooler, remap and springs would be ideal.

Jut watching for one that fits my criteria now while saving a bit of extra money to put in the pot :)

You'll want to find one that's been looked after then if it's modded. Try and find exactly what mods have been put on and then go from there. Don't accept that because the car is modded that it's worth more, they add virtually nothing onto the price of the car.

Typical mods:
Intercooler - Pumaspeed, Airtec Gen3, Radtec or Pro-Alloy
Exhaust - Milltek, Mountune, Dreamscience, Mongoose, Piper, Cobra
Remaps - Mountune, Dreamscience, Bluefin or Collins - Don't go for unknown maps, they're not worth the cash. The previous maps are all learning maps meaning that you don't need to remap after every mod.
Springs - Most common are Eibach 20mm front, 25mm rear drop. Cobra's are 40mm all round.
Shocks - Bilstein B8's are the ones for teaming with the Eibachs. If you buy them in a kit with the Eibach's they're known as the B12.

Back
Top Bottom