How many Focus ST owners on here

will do - the one I bought is in Panther Black and has the 18 inch 5 spokes - I wasn't too sure on them to start with but I think they look rather good on it

should pick it up tuesday or wednesday next week :) I'll post some pics afterwards

I was looking at GTIs etc but none seemed anywhere near the value of the Focus's - this one has around 20k miles and looks as good as new - and for 12k seemed good value - still has almost a year of manufacturers warranty left

I looked at Seat Leon FRs, BMW 3 series, etc etc as well

fancied a ST but just couldn't justify the extra cost - especially in ST3 trim which I fancied to have equivalent toys as the Titanium X's

Last edited:
They are really nice wheels and suit it well I think

Only thing that I would be left wanting is the suspension and steering from the Zetec S but I have driven neither so just I'm basing that on what I've read

Look forward to the pics and congrats on your new car

I had a look at the Zetec S (although didn't get a test drive in one) but got put off by the lack of toys inside

Titanium X with the optional 18s felt pretty firm to me - but I'll report on that one in the future - not tried a quick corner yet !

My order for a facelift ST2 is going through, decided on deep impact blue after deciding I didn't like the look of stealth after seeing it in the metal. Looking at a delivery time of 2-4 weeks :)

Never had a brand new vehicle before strait out the factory and it was on my bucket list so feeling a bit like a small child getting ready for Christmas at the minute.

Getting a bit of interior steaming up the last couple of weeks - stoc reckons it could be due to the pollen filter needing changing so that's next on my list. I'm guessing it's the same part across the mk2 focus range?
The pollen filter is the same across the Focus range - real pig of job to do, done it just the once on each of my mk2's and each time I've tried to avoid having to disconnect any multiplugs from the GEM module but it's better to just bite the bullet. Makes the job ever so slightly less of a pain to get done.

Whats the score with tuning these ?>

Was looking at the mountune 300 kit but 2k for a chip and bigger intercooler and zorst seems abit much .

Surely you should get an easy 300 just from a chip ?

Whats the score with tuning these ?>

Was looking at the mountune 300 kit but 2k for a chip and bigger intercooler and zorst seems abit much .

Surely you should get an easy 300 just from a chip ?

No such thing as a chip, that's old school. To hit 300 you'll need the following:
Downpipe
Cat replacement
Intercooler
Remap

Ideally you'd want an induction kit on there too.

Unless you mean the Mk3 (2012- ) ST?

Would say that even with a mk3 ST on top of a remap you'll need an upgraded intercooler minimum to get 300bhp, plus maybe downpipe and sports cat in that order.

The mountune racing (MR) kits tend to be quite pricey in my umble opinion - their performance (MP) kits do have that extra benefit of keeping Ford's warranty but for the MR kits I don't see any benefit over going to other ST tuners.

its 2014 ST (st3) So am i guessing the turbo is limiting factor and u have to add all the extra bits to maximize what the turbo can do ?

It already has a full K&N and i thought a remap + inter cooler would see 300

Depends really, know with the 2.5T you needed to uprate the downpipe to help the gasses get out easier and reduce heat build-up, sports cat is next in line after that.

The turbo can be a limiting factor that's harder to upgrade compared to IC, exhaust etc but depends how much the ECU's potential has been achieved with currently available remaps - with the 2.5 ST development perhaps slowed down then picked up again once the RS came out and clever people were able to adapt some of the RS strategies over to the ST. Same might not apply with the mk3 if Ford go for a different engine entirely i.e. the 2.3L

That's not taking into account any maps which might get their 300bhp from dumping in loads of boost at the expense of flexibility, and of course some dyno's tend to be more generous than others ;)

its 2014 ST (st3) So am i guessing the turbo is limiting factor and u have to add all the extra bits to maximize what the turbo can do ?

It already has a full K&N and i thought a remap + inter cooler would see 300

You'll need a downpipe & cat to get 300 out of it. Mountune require the big boost pipes too. That's pretty much the absolute limit at the minute though, you'll have to swap turbos if you want to go higher.

Has anyone changed a battery before? I need to fit my new one, but I'm putting it off, it's cold outside and it looks a right pain!

Dead easy, whip the wipers off, scuttle panel off. Take the negative off, then the positive. The cover in front of the battery pops out so you can slide the whole thing out, then reverse for the new one. Only issue is getting a socket deep enough to get the brace off the top of the battery. Took me about 15 minutes once I found a socket deep enough.

10mm is what you need :)

Think you may even be able to do it without removing the scuttle panel?

I've had mine out but the scuttle panel was already off as I was hunting down an elusive creaking noise....

prob different/less sensitive on the STs- but can the stability control do some strange things on the Focuses ?

I drove the Focus Ecoboost I picked up the other day - was going round a roundabout that is local to me applied a bit of gas on exit - and unlike my previous ancient car with no stability control (but had LSD) which worst case would give a bit of understeer - the new car seemed to suddenly do its own thing and instead of tightening up the line actually seemed to chuck me to the left. Maybe it thought I was in a skid ??? Possible the amount of grit from gritters etc had made the surface bad - not sure, or maybe as a Turbo'd engine the sudden torque unsettled the car. I was not going very fast at all (way under speed limit).

that said - been out on country lanes today and it seems to handle the twisties really really well

softer than I thought when I test-drove at the dealers though ... but seems very nippy for a non-sporty version

Back
Top Bottom