How many Focus ST owners on here

Gave mine its first wash in months. It was minging..

r9UbcI1.jpg

Looks good from this distance, it could do with a proper deep clean when the spring comes, but I still love EO!

The bonnet slots don't do anything for me on the ST, I like the fact that it's a bit more understated and then the RS is completely over the top. :p

The bonnet slots don't do anything for me on the ST, I like the fact that it's a bit more understated and then the RS is completely over the top. :p

I love the RS, I'm hoping to find an ST with RS bits, I.e front and rear diffuser, multi spoke wheels and spoiler :)

Seems to be a few about like that but many are catc/d

Yeah, me too, I also hate RS bonnet vents on pre-facelifts as well, look out of place. Only decent vents I've seen on a pre-facelift are 4x4 Cosworth ones.

I'm considering trading in my 2006 ST3 for something different. It's starting to feel a bit rough around the edges now its gone past 90k and if I was to keep it, I'd have to spend a small fortune on keeping it on the road.

As it stands it needs the cambelt, aux belts and water pump changing and the two front wishbones replacing. Not sure I'd see much change out of £800.

As it stands it needs the cambelt, aux belts and water pump changing and the two front wishbones replacing. Not sure I'd see much change out of £800.

£210ish for the parts for the belt change add on about 4 hours labour @ £40 an hour brings you to £370.

I'm guessing it's just the bushes that need replacing in the wishbones? They're only £100ish for the Powerflex ones then add on a couple of hours labour.

£550ish for the lot I'd say.

Careful with that talk, you'll be putting a good mate of mine out of business ;)

I'm sat on the fence with that particular mod, don't mind the look of them but it's a one way job once the tinsnips come out and no storage space for plan B of getting a spare bonnet to hack up and keeping mine original.

Plus it'd look like my car was an RS copycat, more than it already is - more by accident than design :rolleyes:

The vents were done by the last owner. I like them colour coded, much better than when people do them black. They also let a lot of heat out and create good airflow through the engine bay.

I'm coming up to 3 years on my 1.8 Titanium, which only gives me 30mpg and isn't all that exciting. i figured if I'm gonna have a thirsty car it might as well be more fun. I have some stupid questions though...

Is the space inside the ST pretty much the same? The thing i love about the focus is that it's a small car but with tonnes of space in the back, especially when those seats are down. Do the seats still lay flat?

What should i be looking at paying for a tidy, low mileage ST2? I know the new ST will be out soon so i might be waiting for that (June is when i'm looking to chop this one in). I'm guessing it's gonna be 22k ish for the new model but S/H they're going from 14k-22k right now.

I'm also kinda looking at the A3 Sportback, which is a bit more Vanilla but a lot more.. German.. if that makes sense. Just trying to feel about a bit.

Anyone?

Are you talking about getting the mk3 ST or an earlier model?

Can help out with info for the mk2 & mk2.5 but only thing I'm certain about with the mk 3 is how many doors it needs to lose :D

Just read about the liner issue on the 2.5 ST engines! Is it enough of a real issue to put me off buying? I'd be looking to buy a 2008+ facelift.

I was anxious every day with my 2.5 Impreza STI which drove me to sell it in the end out of fear of the chocolate pistons melting.

I once had an Astra VXR Nurburging and was unlucky enough to be hit with both of the commons problems (gearbox failure, manifold failure).

Fitted my chinese pedal covers today as one of mine was missing.

5778E987-12B6-4342-B9F2-1ACD8179EB15.jpg

Also removed what I hope is the last of these stupid blue bulbs. Keep finding them dotted around the car, this one was in the boot!

E91B8E75-C157-4945-B6EF-C087BF826739.jpg

Back
Top Bottom