How many Focus ST owners on here

Very nice wheels if I do say so myself ;) The extra offset fills the arches nice too without having to go for spacers. Was told a while back that the eibach springs lower the RS nicely and surprisingly improve the ride quality a bit too.

Ran a set of the Goodyears on my Oz's and they worked well for me - seem like good grip in all conditions and decent mileage out of them too. They've still got couple of mm tread left but I'll very likely put a fresh set of the Goodyears on them at the end of their winter holiday.

Yeah, got them for my ST so I wouldn't need spacers, also needed wheels to fit over the AP brakes I had.

Got my exhaust delivered yesterday as well, getting it fitted on 23rd as well as lowering springs :)

Yeah, got them for my ST so I wouldn't need spacers, also needed wheels to fit over the AP brakes I had.

Got my exhaust delivered yesterday as well, getting it fitted on 23rd as well as lowering springs :)
Doesn't take long to start spending money does it? ;)

What exhaust have you gone for? I was at Collins Performance on Thurs getting the ST serviced and MOT - hadn't realised that their section 59 exhaust tail section would fit as a swap for my standard mongoose backbox but soon saw sense when Gary reminded me how loud they are!

The Oz 19's really improve the look when they're on my ST - the whole stance of the car looks loads better and the standard 18's look too small when I've got them fitted for winter.

IMG_1232_zpshzfahulg.jpg
What's the button you've got on far left hand side next to heated screen buttons?

I never even clicked how close Collins was to me.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll be driving home in an ST with a few tweaks by the above done. Just the CP280 package (Mongoose cat back, airtec intercooler, stage one map) but with a downpipe and sports cat too. Eibach 20mm springs (pro kit?), polybushed front arms etc. 62k, 2 owners (current owner being the second having owned it since 2010)... just needs to be mint and issue free and see what deal I can strike as it's a 56 reg so don't want be paying too much!

Doesn't take long to start spending money does it? ;)

What exhaust have you gone for? I was at Collins Performance on Thurs getting the ST serviced and MOT - hadn't realised that their section 59 exhaust tail section would fit as a swap for my standard mongoose backbox but soon saw sense when Gary reminded me how loud they are!

Section 59, downpipe, sports cat, and cat back :D

What's the button you've got on far left hand side next to heated screen buttons?

Passenger airbag deactivation light.

Thoughts on this?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201501220362840

I'm not after a mint car, just want something to run around with that's not too boring.

I know it's a Focus thread but I figured there'd be some Mondeo knowledge in here. :)

There is a massive Mondeo St220 thread without about 100 pages of helpful info!
That one u linked to is overpriced. I'm putting mine up soon for 3k with 90k miles on ;)and the leather is mint compared to that linked one.

I've got myself an ST-2 2.5 now.

Quick question (one of many most likely)... how loud are your PAS pumps?! Mine seems quite loud and whiney, like a Mini but even a little bit louder. Will get it checked and don't mind replacing if needs be. It's the only "mechanical" worry I found. Everything else seems good.

There is a massive Mondeo St220 thread without about 100 pages of helpful info!
That one u linked to is overpriced. I'm putting mine up soon for 3k with 90k miles on ;)and the leather is mint compared to that linked one.

Couldn't find it. :D

What are the details mate? Trust me if you want.

Guys, what PAS fluid does an ST225 need? Handbook says Ford specification WSS-M2C204-A2. Online people say "it's red" and this Ford stuff is actually green. I'm not sure as can't find much online. When I did my Fiesta ST it had red Castrol Dextron III stuff put in from memory.

Any help appreciated as keen to do ASAP.

Focus ST takes the green PAS fluid.

Not 100% certain but is it possible that the cars with EHPAS (electro-hydraulic PAS) take green while cars with usual mechanical pump driven PAS get the red type?

Anyone gone from a Focus ST225 to a Fiesta ST180? Genuinely considering making the switch but I'm a bit worried the ride in the Fiesta might be a bit harsher than my Focus.

You can quite easily pick up a 2014 Fiesta ST3 for <£14k which seems great value

I've thought about doing the same but not for long - Fiesta is a pretty hard ride I'm told. On the other hand it handles like a go-kart as a result.

Think you also can't get them with HID lamps, something I'd miss lots and have been widely available on Focus models for years.

While they're a very well rated car it's just not got the appeal to make me want to change.

Back
Top Bottom