How many Focus ST owners on here

I'll be at Ford Fair with a few people who own Ford's from a little local club.

Booked mine in for a respray now. Can't make my mind up about the front splitter or not if it will look chav or just add depth to the front bumper.... as I'm not changing wheels or anything like that.

Your RS is looking awesome there Mucky Pup :)

Is the KMS Thunderstorm the side exit system they do? had an RS go past me with one of those fitted and it sounded VERY loud! I spotted that the front section of pipe on the Mongoose Section 59 is the same as the one they use for their more 'polite' systems, so in theory could upgrade my Mongoose to one of those but Gary soon talked me out of it. With the regular Mongoose they sound nice and subtle till you put your foot down, but running a decat can introduce horrendous droning right at motorway cruising speeds :(

I spent a fair amount of time trying to find some fresh ideas for tailpipe designs taken from the bike world where tail pipes are used to give much more visual impact. Idea would be to then graft a suitable end onto a mongoose tailpipe outlet. Sadly the best I could find was on an Akrapovic motoGP type system and would have been either way too expensive or completely unobtainable. Keeping plan B under my hat for now ;)

With the wheels seen on the mk3 ST press cars they're often built to specific specs while they make final decisions on styling combinations, supply constraints and so on. Also the content of spec packs often varies between different markets.

Your RS is looking awesome there Mucky Pup :)

Is the KMS Thunderstorm the side exit system they do? had an RS go past me with one of those fitted and it sounded VERY loud! I spotted that the front section of pipe on the Mongoose Section 59 is the same as the one they use for their more 'polite' systems, so in theory could upgrade my Mongoose to one of those but Gary soon talked me out of it. With the regular Mongoose they sound nice and subtle till you put your foot down, but running a decat can introduce horrendous droning right at motorway cruising speeds :(

I spent a fair amount of time trying to find some fresh ideas for tailpipe designs taken from the bike world where tail pipes are used to give much more visual impact. Idea would be to then graft a suitable end onto a mongoose tailpipe outlet. Sadly the best I could find was on an Akrapovic motoGP type system and would have been either way too expensive or completely unobtainable. Keeping plan B under my hat for now ;)

With the wheels seen on the mk3 ST press cars they're often built to specific specs while they make final decisions on styling combinations, supply constraints and so on. Also the content of spec packs often varies between different markets.

It's not a side exit, the Thunderstorm has 5.5" tips though. Looks ridiculous in my opinion but you can ask KMS to make them smaller (I am running 4.5"). They also do the Section 18 which "Poppy" is running (as well as Syvecs).

Thanks, it's a nightmare to keep clean compared to my black ST though :(
I thought black was worst you could get to keep clean? know after having a black Puma I gave up on that colour. It's look great after a wash but any rain etc left it covered in filthy dust spots :(

Not keen on those exhaust demo's, maybe showing my age but a 'look at me' noisy exhaust just attracts attention you could do without.

In comparison the Mongoose system on mine sounds something like this

On the way to a RS breakfast meet and hit a pothole, looks like I need at least 1 new wheel and tyre, possibly two. Just hoping the suspension etc isn't damaged.

It damaged at least two other RS owners cars too :(

:mad::mad:

Have you reported it to the council yet and sought some compensation?

I reported it to the emergency out of hours line as it was blatantly damaging vehicles. I haven't put a claim in yet as I was waiting for the vehicle to be checked out. Had confirmation last night that it is thankfully just the 1 wheel, 1 tyre and tracking that is out.

I will be putting in a claim once I have the full invoice and written report from the garage. Fingers crossed they will pay out!

Good luck with that!

You need photo evidence I believe in order to claim of council. They will try to wriggle out of it though.

I have photos of the pothole including the depth, I have been following the guide on Money Saving Expert. Once I get all the paperwork ready I will submit it for a "fast" claim. They aren't going to like the bill and I can see them trying to wriggle out of it :rolleyes:

Hi All

Time for a new car and since I have ever only owned hand-me-downs (1983 Toyota Corolla and a 2003 Mondeo LX) I decided I should treat myself and get something nice, sporty and a bit thirsty while I still can (Single, earning decent money etc). So, I have decided on an EO Focus ST 2006-2008ish.

My question really is: Can you give me pointers on what to look out for or questions to ask when looking for the car? I am the furthest from a mechanic you can be so need all the help I can in not buying a lemon!

I have found a car that ticks all the boxes for me, but it is in Lancashire and I am in Watford, so I have to do as much due diligence remotely as I can before going up to see it.

Thank you for your help :)

The thread has some good tips if you flick through the pages.

Be careful with EO, make sure the paint is good. I own one myself and I have found a previous repair that I failed to spot when viewing as its only really visible at dusk or out of direct sunlight, I'm now paying to get it put right as it bugs me.

Generally;

Knocking (nackered bushes - oil filled)
Wheel wobble (wheels buckle easily)
Rust where rear bumper meets arch
High pitched noise from engine (oil diaphragm - Google it)

Has anyone else got any pointers on what my wheel wobble could be?

I've had it for over a year now. I had new pads in the new year and the garage advised me that the disks aren't warped.

I've had 4 new alloys which hasn't solved it (rear wheel had a noticeable buckle, and the front inside wheel had a small one.

The wheel will wobble at 60-80mph but worse around 35-50mph when under braking, which is leading me to believe that the disks must be warped?

The thread has some good tips if you flick through the pages.

Be careful with EO, make sure the paint is good. I own one myself and I have found a previous repair that I failed to spot when viewing as its only really visible at dusk or out of direct sunlight, I'm now paying to get it put right as it bugs me.

Generally;

Knocking (nackered bushes - oil filled)
Wheel wobble (wheels buckle easily)
Rust where rear bumper meets arch
High pitched noise from engine (oil diaphragm - Google it)

Thank you for the pointers. I put a deposit on this on the weekend:

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/ford/focus-st/ford-focus-c307-st-3-2006/3984961

Looks very well looked after and has had a lot of work done to it. I have scoured hundreds of ads over the last few weeks and it seems the best buy for the money. Any thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom