How many Focus ST owners on here

Has anyone else got any pointers on what my wheel wobble could be?

I've had it for over a year now. I had new pads in the new year and the garage advised me that the disks aren't warped.

I've had 4 new alloys which hasn't solved it (rear wheel had a noticeable buckle, and the front inside wheel had a small one.

The wheel will wobble at 60-80mph but worse around 35-50mph when under braking, which is leading me to believe that the disks must be warped?

Bushes

Get them replaces with powerflex ones. The rubber/oil Ford ones fail easily.

Thank you for the pointers. I put a deposit on this on the weekend:

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/ford/focus-st/ford-focus-c307-st-3-2006/3984961

Looks very well looked after and has had a lot of work done to it. I have scoured hundreds of ads over the last few weeks and it seems the best buy for the money. Any thoughts?

Looks good. Check if it has had any of the following: ABS module replaced. A very common fault with the BOSCH units.

Check the rear arch for rust where the arch meets the plastic bumper. They have a tendancy to rub and cause rust. One side of mine is currently showing this and will need to be sorted! Also where the pipe for the rear washer lies also rubs away at the paint and causes some rusting.

Looks good. Check if it has had any of the following: ABS module replaced. A very common fault with the BOSCH units.

Check the rear arch for rust where the arch meets the plastic bumper. They have a tendancy to rub and cause rust. One side of mine is currently showing this and will need to be sorted! Also where the pipe for the rear washer lies also rubs away at the paint and causes some rusting.

Awesome, I will make a note of all these tips when inspecting the car. Thanks very much.

Has anyone else got any pointers on what my wheel wobble could be?

I've had it for over a year now. I had new pads in the new year and the garage advised me that the disks aren't warped.

I've had 4 new alloys which hasn't solved it (rear wheel had a noticeable buckle, and the front inside wheel had a small one.

The wheel will wobble at 60-80mph but worse around 35-50mph when under braking, which is leading me to believe that the disks must be warped?

Check the hubs are straight.

No worries mate, I do it for every car I decide I want :) If you have any more specific questions about anything on the list shout up for more detail, I'm sure between us we can be way more specific, but can't go too far wrong if you print a copy of that out just to remind you on!

I don't care if it makes me look sad as I'm no mechanic so need as much help as I can get :D

Still managed buy my Focus in the rain and it's now booked in for a respray because of how naive I was! lol.

Induction :cool:

IMG_1378_zpsamswwthv.jpg

Intercooler, fuel pump, injectors, and remap and I'll be at 420 :)

Working on getting the fuel pump at the minute.

Induction :cool:

IMG_1378_zpsamswwthv.jpg

Intercooler, fuel pump, injectors, and remap and I'll be at 420 :)

Working on getting the fuel pump at the minute.

Nice looking bit of kit there :) my ST would look a lot smarter under the bonnet with an RS induction system but there's a fair amount of changes needed to fit one and my K&N Gen 2.5 seems to work well enough

Have you taken out a mortgage for the Mountune fuel pump then? ;)

Thank you for the pointers. I put a deposit on this on the weekend:

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/ford/focus-st/ford-focus-c307-st-3-2006/3984961

Looks very well looked after and has had a lot of work done to it. I have scoured hundreds of ads over the last few weeks and it seems the best buy for the money. Any thoughts?
Looks a well spec'ed car without being too far away from standard. Things like the DS2500 pads work really well with standard discs, and still give great mileage.

Has it got a remap at all?

Only thing I'd say is that it's a pity the owner put a replacement ST clutch in there instead of the uprated RS version - they're not vital even for fairly heavily modded cars but handy to go for if the clutch is coming out anyhow. Only downside is a slightly heavier pedal feel due to the heavier spring in the pressure plate.

Which software are you going to be running for the 420 map? Just be aware that there are some issues with certain "cheaper" pumps, just make sure you read up on them before spending the money! If you were going for the Spec-R intercooler you should have got the induction setup too ;)

Guys I need new centre caps for my car and pretty quickly. Any ideas or sources? I have some "ST" cheap chinese things at the mo. They fit OK and all of that but they're all chipped and no good as the car is going in for a respray and wheel refurb next week. I've ordered new plates, some new front tyres to go on etc also, just need some centre caps now :) I don't want overlays.

Thanks mate spot on, they do some blue ones 59mm outer and 57 internal same as above which will fit (I hope!) so ordered those. I start work and finish work later than my local Ford parts desk is open :( Waiting for tyres, plates and caps to come then into the bodyshop on Sunday for a week and a half.

I get to use my ladies unlimited edition corsa diesel, yay :D

Back
Top Bottom