I have 1GB of DDR1 RAM is it possible to gain access to Crysis ultra high settings?

oh look guys what i found, he's using a £500 gaming rig and play crysis well on max, now i will just get vista and 4GB of ram and play even better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VejO1P638dk

EDIT: I need to get to my dads house, and do the benchmark sometime over the weekend hopefully.

EDIT: Please look at the about this video to the right of the video on youtube and click more highlighted in blue to see his specs.

EDIT: Oh and look at that video it's a little choppy in frames per second, my rig runs it in smooth and on XP you get more frames than in vista, but just vista has the very high settings.

Last edited:
oh look guys what i found, he's using a £500 gaming rig and play crysis well on max, now i will just get vista and 4GB of ram and play even better.

EDIT: I need to get to my dads house, and do the benchmark sotime over the weekend hopefully.

youll be telling me the 4000 barrell vids were filmed in real time next...

pichers1.jpg

EDIT: I need to get to my dads house, and do the benchmark sotime over the weekend hopefully.

EDIT: Please look at the about this video to the right of the video on youtube and click more highlighted in blue to see his specs.

Look what the person that uploaded the video said:

With everything at Very high and at 1024*768 it does about 25-35 fps. Not huge but still playable, though I had a bunch of the settings on high when doing the campaign to improve performance. (But the video is all v. high)

I don't really know how it works but it can run very high - just not very well. Some of the parts of the game (like the zero gravity bit for some reason) really slow down with V.high though.

The 4 gigs of RAM I have do help - it means that the 8600 gets up to 1.5 gigs of shared memory which helps keep up the framerate - Although 35 is absolute tops, it will normally stay closer to 25 or less.

At least he doesn't lie about the framerate unlike dvdbunny that says:

dvdbunny said:
it is trust me, i am currently running it on a dual core with 1gb ddr1 ram, 512MB 8800GT, in high detail, at 1600x1050 with 8xaf and 4xFSAA and i am getting like 50 frames per second without the FSAA and AF it's way above 60 frames per second. I plan on getting more Ram so i can run it in ultra high detail. my gaming pc costs under £500 new excluding monitor and included vat and delivery. this is pretty top end on a low budget.

Last edited:
look smsmasters

I wished i never originally said that the game runs at 50 fps, i had never even ran a benchmark or fraps to get to that conclusion that it was running at 50fps, it's just from how smooth it was running to my eyes i gave an estimate and said it was 50 fps, i should have said this from the start. I apologize but then i said that it is in fact running at around 30 fps, this way further back on the 2nd page, if you bothered to look you wouldn't still be saying I'm lying.

Anyway this thread is not about the very high settings, i just thought i would mention it. It's about how smooth fps i am getting on all high settings.

20 fps is smooth to his eyes so it's ok :)

I used to think my PC ram Bioshock smooth - looked fantastic.
I had:
3200+ Single Athlon
2GB DRR1 RAM (PC3200)
x1650Pro AGP 512mb

I ran FRAPS with the game anf got an average of around 25FPS, action shots dropped to about 17FPS. I thought it looked ace.

I then upgraded to a Q6600 gaming rig with an 8800GTS then an 8800GT and the difference between the 2 systems was amazing. The new top end rig runs the game on a whole new level.
But, when I knew no better, I thought the game ran ace.

That said, I find the original claims here of all set to high with AA to be a little hard to believe. Running the Crysis Benchmark on high with no AA and at 1280x1024 on my current rig (see sig) gets me around 46FPS average.
If I add AA to the game, it visibly lags, and thats on my system, so what does it look like on dvdbunny's?

I suppose we have to provide benefit of doubt until we see those screenies...

I used to think my PC ram Bioshock smooth - looked fantastic.
I had:
3200+ Single Athlon
2GB DRR1 RAM (PC3200)
x1650Pro AGP 512mb

I ran FRAPS with the game anf got an average of around 25FPS, action shots dropped to about 17FPS. I thought it looked ace.

I then upgraded to a Q6600 gaming rig with an 8800GTS then an 8800GT and the difference between the 2 systems was amazing. The new top end rig runs the game on a whole new level.
But, when I knew no better, I thought the game ran ace.

That said, I find the original claims here of all set to high with AA to be a little hard to believe. Running the Crysis Benchmark on high with no AA and at 1280x1024 on my current rig (see sig) gets me around 46FPS average.
If I add AA to the game, it visibly lags, and thats on my system, so what does it look like on dvdbunny's?

I suppose we have to provide benefit of doubt until we see those screenies...

Run Crysis benchmark with 1280x1024, DX9, 4xAA, all high and post results.

1. Fail

either an interjection used when one disapproves of something, or a verb meaning approximately the same thing as the slang form of suck.

1] "you actually bought that? FAIL"
2] "this movie fails."

fail-58619.jpg

You fail, baby. You fail.

1. Another word for "suck", most probably derived from the world of internet gaming.

2. To not achieve

1. What do you mean you lost? YOU FAIL!

2. I failed at achieving sickness to avoid the presentation.

To fail is to be either:
Exceptionally bad at something, or to do/say something stupid to people,
Or for an item/thing to fail, it has to not be what it is, such as a funny comic not being funny, etc.

arpgme's comic FAILS
(Therefore meaning that it could be bad or poor at what it is intended to do)

You sir, FAIL.
(The person has just done/written something stupid or supposedly funny which achieves nothing it's supposed to.)

Back
Top Bottom