I have 1GB of DDR1 RAM is it possible to gain access to Crysis ultra high settings?

instead of flaming me, why don't you guys just tell me how i can capture direct source video of me playing it. I am running it in 1680x1050 can i actually make a video that has that resolution, so when you guys watch it, it will look on your computers like exactly how i am playing it in full screen.

Will this hinder the frame rate capturing video?

TIA

You don't need to capture vidoe of how its running.

Just run the built-in benchmark, then take a screen capture of the end result. Resize it a little in paint, then uplaod it somewhere and paste a link in a post.

Or, if using fraps, press whichever the shortcut key is to take a screenshot, then upload that somewhere and link to the image ina post - jsut don't take it while looking at a wall :)

Press tab and type:

r_displayinfo=1

1GB is no good to run crysis at all in windows vista or XP.

I've benchmarked Crysis on various settings so any results that are way out compared to mine or anyone elses means they are rubbish tbh, check the crysis benchmark thread, depending on specs everyone results are fine, what you try and say does not fit.

I am already running it in windows xp home edition +service pack 2 and it plays very smooth with everything on high details + AF+AA with 1GB of RAM.

I am already running it in windows xp home edition +service pack 2 and it plays very smooth with everything on high details + AF+AA with 1GB of RAM.

Screenshots and Crysis benchmark, by dodging the issue you are looking a tad silly.

You know it and we know it, you are not getting the FPS / performance you say you are.

Put up or shut up.

so i press the console button then type r_displayinfo=1 which will give me the fps then i press print screen key button on keyboard, but then where do the screen prints go, which folder on your computer? Do i then press r_displayinfo=0 to turn off the fps counter?

so i press the console button then type r_displayinfo=1 which will give me the fps then i press print screen key button on keyboard, but then where do the screen prints go, which folder on your computer? Do i then press r_displayinfo=0 to turn off the fps counter?

You dont know about print screen? :eek: When you press print screen you open paint to copy and paste the print screen, save it as a JPEG, upload it to a photo hosting company such as photobucket or imageshack and then place the link in [I.MG][/.IMG] tag but take the dots out.

As Slinwagh said use CRYSIS BENCHMARK and take a print screen of that.

Use the following settings:

1280x1024, ALL HIGH, 4xAA, DX9.

you can only run DX10 if you have VISTA.................... THUS YOU CANNOT RUN ON 'ULTRA HIGH' BECAUSE YOU DONT HAVE VISTA.

OK i may be getting this wrong, i am wanting to use my DX10 card in XP but play using the very high settings using DX9, there is that mode where dx10 features can been played in dx9 but obviously if you ran dx10 in vista with very high settings it would work a lot better but fps will be lower in 32 and 64 bit vista mode. i think that's what crytek were saying or maybe i got that wrong.

There IS a mod (which i have used) to run it in DX10 when you use XP although yes, this may have a detrimental affect on the performance when compared to simply using vista. I am not however aware of a mod to allow you to use 'very high' in XP.

OK i may be getting this wrong, i am wanting to use my DX10 card in XP but play using the very high settings using DX9, there is that mode where dx10 features can been played in dx9 but obviously if you ran dx10 in vista with very high settings it would work a lot better but fps will be lower in 32 and 64 bit vista mode. i think that's what crytek were saying or maybe i got that wrong.

You can edit the cfg file in DX9 mode to enhance features, as you run XP you can not run DX10 features.

Stop dodging the issue and just becnhmark Crysis will you.

I want to ask am i right in thinking that the 512 MB Nvidia 8800GT is a Direct X10 card? Can it do Direct X10.1 and above? is that even out yet?

yes, no and no.

i only have 1GB of RAM which is why in the menu options i cannot choose from very high settings in the drop down box.

It has nothing to do with your ram. You could have 8GB and you won't be able to choose it. Not unitl you're on Vista and using DX10.

There IS a mod (which i have used) to run it in DX10 when you use XP although yes, this may have a detrimental affect on the performance when compared to simply using vista. I am not however aware of a mod to allow you to use 'very high' in XP.

You can only run in DX10 with Vista AND a DX10 capable graphics card.

You can not do it any other way.

I thought everyone knew the features of VERY HIGH are actually possible in DX9 and Windows XP by editing the game configs:

example:

In: ?:\?\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis\Game\Config\CVarGroups

Open each file and you'll have something like this:

[default]
; default of this CVarGroup
= 4

sys_spec_ObjectDetail=4
sys_spec_Shading=4
sys_spec_VolumetricEffects=4
sys_spec_Shadows=4
sys_spec_Texture=4
sys_spec_Physics=4
sys_spec_PostProcessing=4
sys_spec_Particles=4
sys_spec_Sound=4
sys_spec_Water=4
sys_spec_GameEffects=4

[1]
sys_spec_ObjectDetail=1
sys_spec_Shading=1
sys_spec_VolumetricEffects=1
sys_spec_Shadows=1
sys_spec_Texture=1
sys_spec_Physics=1
sys_spec_PostProcessing=1
sys_spec_Particles=1
sys_spec_Sound=1
sys_spec_Water=1
sys_spec_GameEffects=1

[2]
sys_spec_ObjectDetail=2
sys_spec_Shading=2
sys_spec_VolumetricEffects=2
sys_spec_Shadows=2
sys_spec_Texture=2
sys_spec_Physics=2
sys_spec_PostProcessing=2
sys_spec_Particles=2
sys_spec_Sound=2
sys_spec_Water=2
sys_spec_GameEffects=2

[3]
sys_spec_ObjectDetail=3
sys_spec_Shading=3
sys_spec_VolumetricEffects=3
sys_spec_Shadows=3
sys_spec_Texture=3
sys_spec_Physics=3
sys_spec_PostProcessing=3
sys_spec_Particles=3
sys_spec_Sound=3
sys_spec_Water=3
sys_spec_GameEffects=3

Delete EVERYTHING under [3] and replace it with EVERYTHING from inbetween =4 and [1] at the top.

Last edited:

lies :)

There's a mod that'll let you use certain features that are only available in Very High, and you're only meant to be able to use these features if you're running DX10. That does not mean, however, that you are running DX10 on XP.

Okay i have found a mod that allows you to run very high settings in xp, it's some cgi file. It can play some dx10 features in direct x9 and it's said to be able to also improve fps performance.

and to you all, i cannot run the benchmark yet, not till some time next week as i won't be around my gaming PC, and this is not an excuse i am not trying to dodge anything, i will post in the coming days. Just tell me once running the benchmark how can i make multiple screenshots? And will the benchmark also allow me to play and take screenshots?

An amusing thread which has expanded dvdbunny's post count tremendously. I get on DX9 ultra setting about 35 fps and in dx10 ultra settings about 25 if I am lucky. cd2 @3.00ghz and 8800gts and 4gb on Vista Ultimate.

Hello dvdbunny, to clear up your query. If you are running Windows XP, weather you have 1GB, 2GB, 4GB, 8GB etc installed in your system, you will not be able to run Crysis on the "Very High" setting since it is exclusive to DirectX 10 and when you run games in Windows XP, you are running them under the DirectX 9 architecture. Now the only way you are able to run games in DirectX 10 mode is if you are using Windows Vista and providing that you are using a DirectX 10 card.

You can do a certain hack in Windows XP that will enable the "Very High" setting. However, I would have thought it would be pretty unplayable with the current system that you have.

Now if you don't mind and when you possibly get time, could you run the Crysis Benchmark. More information about this can be found here. It would be much appreciated. :)

Okay i have found a mod that allows you to run very high settings in xp, it's some cgi file. It can play some dx10 features in direct x9 and it's said to be able to also improve fps performance.

and to you all, i cannot run the benchmark yet, not till some time next week as i won't be around my gaming PC, and this is not an excuse i am not trying to dodge anything, i will post in the coming days. Just tell me once running the benchmark how can i make multiple screenshots? And will the benchmark also allow me to play and take screenshots?

Not around your gaming PC so why claim such silly results when you cant even confirm them for yourself as you dont have your PC in front of you!

Dont use the configs when you run the bencharks, take ALL configs or any modifications you made out.

Fire Wizard, at 1280x1024 with the hack for Very High features in DX9/Windows XP its actually quite playable, I havent tried it at 1680x1050 yet though.

An amusing thread which has expanded dvdbunny's post count tremendously. I get on DX9 ultra setting about 35 fps and in dx10 ultra settings about 25 if I am lucky. cd2 @3.00ghz and 8800gts and 4gb on Vista Ultimate.

What screen res was this at? And whats this "Ultra" setting everyone speakers of? :confused:. All I have is LOW, MEDIUM, HIGH, VERY HIGH :confused:

Last edited:

sorry a little confused, when you run dx9 mode is that through xp or vista

Back
Top Bottom