In this thread.... post pictures of 10 year old cars which look new

you fail

this was not a "post pictures of 10 year old cars which still look good" thread. This was post pictures of cars that dont look 10 years old

and Im afriad the RX7 looks so 90s its unbelivable. The pop up headlights for a start !

I know what the point of the thread was, thanks very much. I didn't post it for you lot to agree with me, its a car I chose.

I personally believe its a timeless car, pop up headlights or not, that wouldn't have me getting bent out of shape if it were released today.

Personally I couldn't give a toss what you think, certainly whether or not you think I "fail".

I think the RX7 might manage it, actually. Remember - the acid test is man in the street. Would man in the street even realise they are popup headlights? It certainly looks nothing like its 17 years thats for sure.

10 Years of GT3

996_GT3_01.jpg

996_GT3_02.jpg

997_GT3_01.jpg

997_GT3_02.jpg

Some call it lazy but it meets the brief of this thread I feel.

Not too sure here so sounding board, go!

IMG_7955.jpg

IMG_7939.jpg

z06newwheels.jpg

dc-z06-large.jpg

sideprofile.jpg

silverz06.jpg

1sickZ063.jpg

051.jpg

Started production in 1997 :)

Kinda there but not entirely sure (anyone?) - I still see one out and about now and then and as it's pristine, it also gives that 'new car' edge...

Wierdly the convertible looks 'newer' to me, in that shot, at least...

Last edited:
Not too sure here so sounding board, go!

IMG_7939.jpg

[Started production in 1997 :)

Kinda there but not entirely sure (anyone?) - I still see one out and about now and then and as it's pristine, it also gives that 'new car' edge...

i think it just manages it. Purely because the C6 corvette looks so similar. You could put the two next to each other and man in the street would be hard pushed to tell the difference apart from the lights.

Yes its got no creases, and its all round edges and pop up headlights, but i think it fits purely because the new corvette looks so similar.

on a slightly off topic note, where do you go about buying one of these ? ive been doing some window shopping, but autotrader and pistonheads have hardly any on. Are they that rare, or am i looking in the wrong places ?

i think it just manages it. Purely because the C6 corvette looks so similar. You could put the two next to each other and man in the street would be hard pushed to tell the difference apart from the lights.

on a slightly off topic note, where do you go about buying one of these ? ive been doing some window shopping, but autotrader and pistonheads have hardly any on. Are they that rare, or am i looking in the wrong places ?

Yea, that's kinda what I was thinking. You can get kits that ditch the popups too to further confuse the matter :D

glampeschwarz.jpg

Cruddy picture but you get the gist :)

With regards to finding on - Classic Corvette Club UK has a 'for sale' section, there's usually 10 on eBay (look under classic cars too), some on Autotrader and PH - the best bet is to get into the magazines, though - Classic American, American Car World and Custom Car, have a look in the classifieds. Classic American is where I'd start :)

Here's one:

0dff_12.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CHEVROLET-COR...ItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item120374524872

Kerching! :p

Last edited:
800px-Aston_Martin_DB7_Vantage.jpg

DB7

Started production in 94, face lifted in 99. If you google it, I think the front looks fine but I think the back has aged badly. What you reckon?

Started production in 94, face lifted in 99. If you google it, I think the front looks fine but I think the back has aged badly. What you reckon?

wondered into town earlier and saw one parked up, approached from the front and then thought the same about the back

[TW]Fox;13494610 said:
It's about 'Wow, I cant beleive thats 10 years old!'.

Something I used to get quite a lot in my travels with that Legacy, though I will admit that the UK models without the bits of sporty trim are looking rather dated now.

Back
Top Bottom