In this thread.... post pictures of 10 year old cars which look new

In the case of a punto I don't think it's a case of "OMG ITS 10 YEARS OLD" more "OMG it made it to ten years old".

Cheap small cars are sort of built to get dated so they can sell the new updated one every few years.

Pedant :p the only part that you can see on the exterior that changes in the facelift is the front bumper vent. Hardly makes my point redundant does it. We both know that the celica doesn't look like a 10 year old car so stop arguing with me :p

Because the gen.7 celica ISNT a 10 year old car. Even the wiki says it was 2000 onwards, the GT you first posted is the car i have and thats the model only built in '05. The very first launch in '00 looked terrible imo and the t-sport and other upgrades came later.

Its a very subjective thread, to the man on the street something like the R34 will look old imo.

I still like the PH3 306, looks fresh and clean with the crystal lamps and cyclones, same with the mk1 Focus in ST170 form.

To me only the E46 coupe looks new on 99 plate.E39 is looking old now aswell.Cant believe the koenigseggggg is a 10 year old design tho.

[TW]Fox;13494595 said:
I think a lot of people are missing the point. It is not cars which stll look good but cars which dont look 10 years old. I mean come on, E38 7 Series? Subaru Legacy and a Mitsubshi Carisma based Evo? guys guys guys, no.

MK1.5 Focus is just over 7 not 10, the Celica is on a 56 plate ffs..

Its all subjective mate, whats one thing to you is different to me - or something like that!

To my eyes, the e38 looks very much like it could still be a current car to a Joe in the street, a friend with an e65 745i thinks the e38 still cuts it with the e65 in terms of looks that said, he's a lot older than me and used to run an early e23 & e32 before he got his e38 and ultimately his current e65.

An e32 or e23 is an old BMW that screams its age, much as an e12 or e28 does compared to an e34 or e39.

To my Dad,(70) anything post 1990 is "a modern looking car" (!)

I suppose age has a lot to do with it, I remember OLD BMW's where I doubt you will have come across that many of them, nothing wrong with that either.

I'm 38, so I guess to my eyes, something 10 years old still seems quite new to me, if you follow my logic......? :o:D:confused:

Anyway, good thread, have some stars young 'un. ;)

Last edited:
roverit4.jpg

Do I fail? :(

I think the Coupes look very nice, but I wouldn't say too new. I actually like them because they look a bit older :)

The back end is lovely on them.

Its all subjective mate, whats one thing to you is different to me - or something like that!

To my eyes, the e38 looks very much like it could still be a current car to a Joe in the street, a friend with an e65 745i thinks the e38 still cuts it with the e65 in terms of looks that said, he's a lot older than me and used to run an early e23 & e32 before he got his e38 and ultimately his current e65.

An e32 or e23 is an old BMW that screams its age, much as an e12 or e28 does compared to an e34 or e39.

To my Dad,(70) anything post 1990 is "a modern looking car" (!)

I suppose age has a lot to do with it, I remember OLD BMW's where I doubt you will have come across that many of them, nothing wrong with that either.

I'm 38, so I guess to my eyes, something 10 years old still seems quite new to me, if you follow my logic......? :o:D:confused:

Anyway, good thread, have some stars young 'un. ;)

by the way saw your old 728i today (K40 PDC)

Late_model_Ford_Model_T.jpg

The ford model T

still looks as fresh as it did when it came off the line in 1908.. i think its aged well

;)

I was going to say small city cars seem to age the best like the k12 micra and the honda jazz but they are both post 2000 so i fail.

Only cars in this thread I would pass as new if I was a noob are the R34 skyline, Zonda, and Mclaren F1.

If you were a noob as you call it the Skyline would simply look like a silly bewinged blue car, the other two would look like Supercars. R34 looks like a car from the 90's and to my eyes has dated.

Compare the R34 to the Evo x, they look like they rolled out of the production line on the same day.

The F1 has aged.

I never liked the look of the F1 and time hasn't changed that and the Evo X looks nowt like an R34 to my eyes and its details (ligths, spoilers, angles) age it I think. Subjective stuff.

Back
Top Bottom