• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***Intel i7 4790K Owners thread***

Associate
Seems like it's possible that Intel are using up excess 4770k dies, slapping the extra capacitors on the bottom and shipping them out.

If that was the case it's bad for those that purchased these 4790K's early.

But then who's to say the later ones will be any better?

I definitely won't be changing my 4770K for one.

It's like getting a 4770K again just with a different name.

Associate
I have, but they all seems to have pretty much the same features. The Asrock boards are the only boards that match my colour scheme though...

I got in an Asus Z97-WS, not got it running yet (missing CPU!) but it looks really solid and feature laden.

Works out at £240 from NewEgg including priority shipping and import charges, they seem to be the only people in the world who have them for some odd reason.

Associate
Have so far clocked mine to 4.6Ghz at 1.28v, may be able to get the volts down a bit more though, running quite warm though (80C during BF4). That may well be somethingto do with the 2x 290xs in the same case with my cooler as an exhaust though :( Methinks a full waterloop will be better!

Caporegime
Have so far clocked mine to 4.6Ghz at 1.28v, may be able to get the volts down a bit more though, running quite warm though (80C during BF4). That may well be somethingto do with the 2x 290xs in the same case with my cooler as an exhaust though :( Methinks a full waterloop will be better!

80c is too hot if you ask me,what cpu cooler?

I wouldn't like to go above 65c

Associate
80c is too hot if you ask me,what cpu cooler?

I wouldn't like to go above 65c

Im using the OcUK Fathom. Pretty sure the reason why is that both my 290xs are running high 80s dumping a load of heat into my case = crap cooling for my rad set up as an exhaust. Looking into making it an intake now, though doesnt look like my tubing is long enough :(

May have to run at stock for a little bit till I can get some way to reduce the impact of the 290s

Permabanned
Im using the OcUK Fathom. Pretty sure the reason why is that both my 290xs are running high 80s dumping a load of heat into my case = crap cooling for my rad set up as an exhaust. Looking into making it an intake now, though doesnt look like my tubing is long enough :(

May have to run at stock for a little bit till I can get some way to reduce the impact of the 290s

I have my rad as exhaust too,but I'm running sli and it get hot I don't see the need to turn around as intakes

Associate
What temps are you getting on yours?

Edit: Running prime I get high 80s. On starting BF4, before my GPUs have had a chance to warm up im getting approx 70C, but once theyve warmed up (top to 91C!!!!) Im getting high 80s for my CPU :(

Back
Top Bottom