• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***Intel i7 4790K Owners thread***

Associate
Just got the h440 as I loved it, was thinking of going WC in the future and it seeme dlike a good case. Air flow is pretty good, think another problem with it though is the way it exhausts heat from the top - goes out through a small side vent but has foam insulation for noise reduction. I think that traps a lot of the heat as it leaves.

Permabanned
Just got the h440 as I loved it, was thinking of going WC in the future and it seeme dlike a good case. Air flow is pretty good, think another problem with it though is the way it exhausts heat from the top - goes out through a small side vent but has foam insulation for noise reduction. I think that traps a lot of the heat as it leaves.

The h440 isn't the best case for airflow tbh.

Associate
8-pack says P95 is crap then everyone else jumps on the bandwagon. lol followers ha

p95 has it's use.

I have had issues before with prime crashing my system yet I can sit and game surf and everything else all day long.

I do use prime but only to run the temps up sometimes.

CPU's are strange thing prime can fail but it will pass every other benchmark, eg aida 64 etc etc etc. and then other chips I have had prime stable but it crashed when I game the way I look at it is....... If it does what I want and need it to do that's good enough for me lol

Caporegime
its each persons pref,

me I like to stress with 5 runs max in intel burn test then few minutes/hours gaming,with regular checks in windows event viewer for any cpu/memory related warning/errors

its also nice to know the max temps of the cpu which is only found through stress programs

PCZ

PCZ

Associate
Not impressed with the TIM being naff.
The Overclocking is OK, not epic.

I could bang on about my best 4770k being a better clocker but that isn't really fair as it is a good chip and I know how bad some of the 4770ks can be.
I have one in my media PC that only runs stable at 4.2 as long as you don't run any extended AVX then it craps itself.

Testing at 4.7Ghz ATM.
4.8 seems to need a lot more volts and appears to be a wall.

Soldato
Wait, you only need 1.05v for 4.5ghz?
Is that what it reports in the bios? Or what CPU-Z is stating, best to check actual bios numbers. Seems silly low, and not representative of what everyone else is getting.

Back
Top Bottom