• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel to launch 6 core Coffee Lake-S CPUs & Z370 chipset 5 October 2017

Soldato
I'll post in this thread one last time for those genuinely interested:

1 There is no desktop Cannonlake coming, only mobile;

2 the sheets mention KBL and CNL PCH = not CPUs. Go look up PCH peeps ;) ;

3 Z390 isn't mentioned and whatever comes after Z370 may be called differently, however, CFL is compatible with both.

4 many here are taking the sheets completely out of context and make up things that don't exist (not you Simon, speaking in general here), and moreover, aren't reading before starting to say things and lastly, don't keep up with previous leaks (Intel itself saying there'll be no CNL desktop SKUs), and subsequently this chaos and confusion of the last few pages is the result. Kinda amusing ;)

Anyway, I hope this clarifies things once and for all. Have a great weekend everyone!

That clears up a lot:D

Man of Honour
See my big post, like I said I added a 5th point.

I wouldn't bet too much on that roadmap - the way they are messing with test chips either they are really struggling with 10nm and going to be very delayed with it or are going to be bringing it forward quite considerably.

Associate
Everything points to end of August, possibly 21st - 27th August (i have seen a lot of rumours that they will be released at Gamescom, and that would sync with all the leaked slides we have seen).

Hopefully they will release the 8700k first.

Could you show us these leaked slides? Because no one else seems to have seen them: As it stands currently, nothing points to anything other than Q3. There'll be a likely announcement (paper launch) for Dell, HP etc., this month (as per an earlier leaked slide), and the new slides show production starts late August (nowhere do they give release windows or dates on those slides). Hopefulness can only come from knowing that SKL-X hit the shelves a week after production started. If the same holds true for CFL remains to be seen.

They will release the 8400, 8600K, 8700 and 8700K first; this much we already knew. The remainder of the line-up will follow come January.

Caporegime
Could you show us these leaked slides? Because no one else seems to have seen them: As it stands currently, nothing points to anything other than Q3. There'll be a likely announcement (paper launch) for Dell, HP etc., this month (as per an earlier leaked slide), and the new slides show production starts late August (nowhere do they give release windows or dates on those slides). Hopefulness can only come from knowing that SKL-X hit the shelves a week after production started. If the same holds true for CFL remains to be seen.

They will release the 8400, 8600K, 8700 and 8700K first; this much we already knew. The remainder of the line-up will follow come January.

Well yes, by release no one knows whether it will be a paper launch or not. From all the leaks i have seen, i fully expect them to at the very least paper launch Coffee lake in some form by the end of August.

In terms of you saying that is just the production window, why would they produce them and not sell them :confused:

Associate
Well yes, by release no one knows whether it will be a paper launch or not. From all the leaks i have seen, i fully expect them to at the very least paper launch Coffee lake in some form by the end of August.

I personally do differentiate between paper and hard launches (don't you just hate the former? I do ha ha :D ). The best indication is what I wrote above: Hopefulness can only come from knowing that SKL-X hit the shelves a week after production started. If the same holds true for CFL remains to be seen. CFL production starts late August... And as far as I am concerned they can't be released soon enough!

Caporegime
I personally do differentiate between paper and hard launches (don't you just hate the former? I do ha ha :D ). The best indication is what I wrote above: Hopefulness can only come from knowing that SKL-X hit the shelves a week after production started. If the same holds true for CFL remains to be seen. CFL production starts late August... And as far as I am concerned they can't be released soon enough!

Well hopefully it would not be long after production. No point producing something if you are not going to sell it.

Associate
Well hopefully it would not be long after production. No point producing something if you are not going to sell it.

In terms of you saying that is just the production window, why would they produce them and not sell them

I'm not just saying it; it's printed on the slide :) It depends on how big a stockpile they want to build, or whatever other reason they may have to use more time between production and release.

Caporegime
I'm not just saying it; it's printed on the slide :) It depends on how big a stockpile they want to build, or whatever other reason they may have to use more time between production and release.

I know. I didn't mean you were just saying it, i was just questioning how much of a delay there would be between production and release. Hopefully they will want them to go on sale as soon as production starts.

I still think end of August looks fairly probable based on the leaks we have so far.

Associate
I know. I didn't mean you were just saying it, i was just questioning how much of a delay there would be between production and release. Hopefully they will want them to go on sale as soon as production starts.

I still think end of August looks fairly probable based on the leaks we have so far.

We share that hope for sure mate :)

Soldato
OP

That 4 models but Sweeper leaked info a day ago confirmed Intel will launch 6 models this year between 21 August and 9 October.

https://www.reddit.com/r/intel/comments/6rjj82/intel_20172018_roadmap_coffee_lakes_to_launch/

Sweeper already leaked i7 8700K, i7 8700, i5 8600K and i5 8400 info so 2 more models has to be i3 CPUs probably i3 8350K and i3 8300.

Here all slides Sweeper leaked below.

https://videocardz.com/71660/intel-coffee-lake-architecture-brings-6-core-at-95w-tdp

Associate
That 4 models but Sweeper leaked info a day ago confirmed Intel will launch 6 models this year between 21 August and 9 October.

https://www.reddit.com/r/intel/comments/6rjj82/intel_20172018_roadmap_coffee_lakes_to_launch/

Sweeper already leaked i7 8700K, i7 8700, i5 8600K and i5 8400 info so 2 more models has to be i3 CPUs probably i3 8350K and i3 8300.

Here all slides Sweeper leaked below.

https://videocardz.com/71660/intel-coffee-lake-architecture-brings-6-core-at-95w-tdp

I am well aware of all of that. Read my above posts in reply to Jono please ;) and again, that time frame is the production window, not the release window. They'll likely hit the shelves within that window but it's merely an expectation: that is a fact.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom