Internet Dating.....Who Has Done it?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I tried the whole POF thing - didn't work at all. All I got were some uglies showing interest. Going out and meeting women = 100x more effective at getting dates and meeting girls who are actually interesting.

So I tried the whole POF thing - didn't work at all. All I got were some uglies showing interest. Going out and meeting women = 100x more effective at getting dates and meeting girls who are actually interesting.

I actually had a chat with a lady on there who had a go at me because I admitted to her that I wouldn't date a fattie and would only attempt to pickup girls I was attracted to. She called me a bad person and went on about how she was a much better in a rant where she was suggested I would leave my wife after she had kids and her how her fat friend was gorgeous and a great person, etc.

I can totally understand why so many guys troll it, I tried pof, match and okcupid. pof is by far the more popular but by far the most crazy. Though I have noticed girls who selected "long term" or "looking for a relationship" generally make more effort in their profile.

I actually spoke to a gorgeous/smart girl on OKCUPID. Unfortunately the first thing she'd said to me was she was deleting her account due to the sheer amount of spam. We had a 5 minute chat on the IM but I had to go. Left her my facebook, but didn't make the cut I guess because that was a few days ago and her account was gone when I returned. Oh well, bummer.

Out of all the trolling I've done over probably two weeks I've only seen about 4-5 girls who I genuinely thought sounded nice. None of them got back to me. I gave up caring after a while but still managed to send out over 100 messages all refering to something in their profile and all being literate. Honestly had about 5 messages back, beyond that one girl from OKCUPID and the crazy, they were all "haha" or similar one word responses.

Honestly if this is a reflection in girls in central scotland, I'm going to be forever alone.

Last edited:
So after 2 months it looks like I have another horror story to add to this thread and maybe looking for confirmation/advice, I'll keep it short and to the point so here goes! Started seeing a girl at the end of December who I met on PoF and everything has been perfect literally up until this Saturday... an ex has got back in touch with her and I must stress that apparently this ex treated her like ****, didn't want anything to do with her little boy(He's not the father), never did anything with her/for her blah blah blah! Now she's "confused" and doesn't know what she wants and she says it's not fair on me OR HIM?! The worst part is I've taken over a year to find some one who I thought was special and it was a big step for me to introduce my little lad to some one, she even met my family last week!
Now here is where I'm stuck! Do I get rid of her now while I feel I have atleast a bit of dignity left or leave it and see if she comes to her senses? Right now I feel humiliated and quite hurt considering all the stuff we've done and how I've treated her so I feel like walking away right now, but what would you guys do?

So apart from a single phone call from her with nothing much to say nothing has changed and I've drafted up a txt to send her on Sunday if the situation is the same! Here it is;

"I've been thinking all weekend and even asked for advice from my mum which I never do so I'm making this easy for you Jess, this is goodbye. To go from saying how happy you were and how you can't believe I'm with you to letting your ex click his fingers and consider going back to him has destroyed these last 2 months for me and has made me feel totally insecure! To think why you didn't ignore him or tell him to **** off cos you have a new bf who treats you good is just too insulting and painful to take I can't see any going back from this. I can't be with some one who is willing to chuck something so good away so easily and not let go of the past!"

Am I just making myself look like a mug or is it a good idea?
Thanks OcUK ;)

I wouldn't bother with all the victim **** tbh. If its all there just to make her feel guilty, what's the point i doubt she'd feel it? And it's not like you want her to reconsider.

If you can't let go of the past we're done. Toodles xox

First date tonight in 6 months after a self imposed ban.

Signed up to Match again last week on the basis that I was not going to send out any messages and only message/meet with girls who messaged me.

Tonight will tell whether that was a good idea or not. I hope to god it was.

So apart from a single phone call from her with nothing much to say nothing has changed and I've drafted up a txt to send her on Sunday if the situation is the same! Here it is;

"I've been thinking all weekend and even asked for advice from my mum which I never do so I'm making this easy for you Jess, this is goodbye. To go from saying how happy you were and how you can't believe I'm with you to letting your ex click his fingers and consider going back to him has destroyed these last 2 months for me and has made me feel totally insecure! To think why you didn't ignore him or tell him to **** off cos you have a new bf who treats you good is just too insulting and painful to take I can't see any going back from this. I can't be with some one who is willing to chuck something so good away so easily and not let go of the past!"

Thanks OcUK ;)

Honestly it does make you seem a bit needy/muggy, its kinda something a girl who write. Be a bit more forceful to the point. Jess, I've had a enough, I have better thing to do with my life than be a lapdog to a girl whose still infatuated with her ex. Good luck, it was fun.

That might illicit a reaction if she starts to see you as a bit more headstrong. Tbh she sounds like a fish that should be thrown back.

Last edited:

Thanks OcUK ;)

Terrible idea. You're over thinking it and I can assure you she isn't. Girls want someone who can put her in her place or just turn around and walk away without looking back. You sound like a nice guy and while 'some' girls might like that, most won't.

Just leave it. Don't text anything. It's sends a far stronger message than anything.

Thanks OcUK ;)

This is a woman **** testing you. You have to show her that you're a man in abundance and that it really doesn't bother you. She wants to see if you're some needy mug or a real man. Don't send this reply. Tell her if thats what she wants to do then its up to her (in a cold unemotional non-needy way). If she feels you pass the test and chooses you then you're still with her (which I'm guessing is what you want), if she doesn't then you haven't lost anything more than if you just get rid at this point anyway.

Either way, even if she does crawl back, I'd just be looking for something better to come along and then drop her.

Last edited:
Lawyer girl is gone. She had to be let go. Was never going to work and she was looking at me with increasing softness in her eyes. Better to cut the cord now before I have an angry woman with a license to sue on my hands.

Only have magazine editor girl and Aussie teacher girl left in the stables. Might be time to do another round of fishing on Match to strengthen the possibilities.

Wow. I thought I could be intoleraby annoying at times but my god regulus you seriously take the biscuit there. Tell me more about this twisted version of reality you live within.

Wow. I thought I could be intoleraby annoying at times but my god regulus you seriously take the biscuit there. Tell me more about this twisted version of reality you live within.

Well I blamed my dad, then my mother, then dad again :p

But in all seriousness, it's sounds worse than it really is. I'm getting on a bit in age and can't waste a lot of time on relationships that's going nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom