Internet Dating.....Who Has Done it?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went a few years without a car. I live next to a train station and got the bus on occasion. You're looking for excuses not to date him, so don't. Or lighten up and give the guy an hour of your day, it's not hard. :)

How old are you by the way?
Do you really think a date will last only an hour? Seems a bit rude to leave just after an hour!

I work stupid hours sometimes and things can pop up unexpectedly, so I'd rather a guy drives so that we can meet whenever it suits rather than always checking train/bus times and worry about last trains etc.

I'm 26.

Because I wouldn't know how to end the date so soon without coming across as rude and that I'm desperate to go? :o

This is why you arrange for a friend to call you an hour or so into the date. Firstly to check you're ok, and secondly to give you an escape route if needed. I thought this was what all girls did? :confused:

This is why you arrange for a friend to call you an hour or so into the date. Firstly to check you're ok, and secondly to give you an escape route if needed. I thought this was what all girls did? :confused:

I'd rather they just say 'hey you're nice and all but this isn't working' than come up with some bull **** excuse for leaving which is only going to make you question whether it was actually a legit excuse or not.

Because I wouldn't know how to end the date so soon without coming across as rude and that I'm desperate to go? :o

All you have to say is, 'sorry this really isn't working for me, it's been nice meeting you, bye' and then walk off. I don't speak from experiance but this seems a lot fairer and I would rather a girl be honest about her feelings rather string along the date.

I'd rather they just say 'hey you're nice and all but this isn't working' than come up with some bull **** excuse for leaving which is only going to make you question whether it was actually a legit excuse or not.

Seeing as the "1 hour phone call" is quite prevalent, I'd take the "excuse" to likely be fake anyhow and just see it as them just trying to not be awkward about the situation. Some people aren't cut out for talking straight; let's face it, women talk in riddles at the best of times! That's life. :D

I never said (or think) it's acceptable to be late for a date... I said I am '30 mins late by default' and it is genuinely a coincidence that I'm always ~30mins late - with everyone I meet, including family and friends. Even if I give myself a stupid amount of time to get ready.

I also found out that this guy doesn't drive, which is a problem unless you're living in London or somewhere close by.

I can see why your single......

Why dont you drive to the guy rather than expecting him to do the running around?

I can see why your single......

Why dont you drive to the guy rather than expecting him to do the running around?
How about no and meet halfway? Drive the guy once or twice, fine. But it's not going to be just once or twice is it (if things go well)? I do enough commuting as it is daily, I don't need or want to do extra driving.

I'd happily be single (and have chosen to be single) rather than be with someone just for the sake of it even if I don't like them all that much.

[TW]Fox;23883875 said:
How do you know if you like somebody 'all that much' if you've never met them?

That's the other part that completely baffles me, How can you like someone with out properly meeting them. Based on what I know, you cannot really know what someone is going to be like just be reading words on a screen.

on a side note, still getting annoyed, the crap on POF seem to be spamming me with meet me requests, (15 thus far) but not a single message... woman are so lazy!! :mad:

How about no and meet halfway? Drive the guy once or twice, fine. But it's not going to be just once or twice is it (if things go well)? I do enough commuting as it is daily, I don't need or want to do extra driving.

I'd happily be single (and have chosen to be single) rather than be with someone just for the sake of it even if I don't like them all that much.

Didnt you blow a guy out recently because he wanted to meet half way or not at all? After you wanting him to come further to yourself? Apologies in advance if i got the wrong person.

You seem to expect far too much, you come across as someone who has been on a dating web site for months / years purley to lapp up some attention.

How far is your commute out of intrest?

My post about being happily single etc wasn't just talking about online dating or a specific guy? I mean in general.. I'm not going to date, be with someone or settle for 'second best' just so I don't have to be single. Maybe I'll start worrying when I reach 40 and still single...

Didnt you blow a guy out recently because he wanted to meet half way or not at all? After you wanting him to come further to yourself? Apologies in advance if i got the wrong person.

You seem to expect far too much, you come across as someone who has been on a dating web site for months / years purley to lapp up some attention.

How far is your commute out of intrest?
The guy wanted me to travel a lot further. I am willing to travel a bit further but only on weekends. My next free weekend is 16th so he didn't want to wait and is coming to see me tomorrow instead.

I only signed back up to online dating a couple of weeks ago after having been on a break from it.

I travel just over 40 miles a day, may not sound like a lot but that's 2 hours drive because of traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom