Internet Dating.....Who Has Done it?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aln

aln

Associate
Can I get in? I bet you all I can get 10 DATES before any of you can. Messages are moot. Had 3 today already. If I send 50 emails tonight to various girls, I'll win by tomorrow lunch time.

Just a friendly wager though. No need to spend money on it. I'll save that for the dates :p

Ok, didn't read properly. Phone numbers are harder, but totally doable by end of March.

The money on the table makes it more interesting, as do the rules in my opinion. But it's not going to be fair if all of a sudden there is 1500 profiles with my face on it, so let the guy have his turn if he's up for the challenge.

so you start talking to someone, getting on well exchanging messages etc etc then

BAM

your blocked

wtf is that all about :confused:

Just didn't wanna tell you you ugly. I'm kidding but you probably said something to turn her off and she just thought it was more polite to keep talking instead of telling you or ignoring you.

Thug
Soldato
I can get 10 messages. I want 10 quality messages. ;)

I'll take you up on the offer though. Picture incoming, lets see what you can get.

Haha, I made no promises about the quality of messages. :D

Your rules are far to tough, I was only saying you can get messages easily.

How about:

Don't do Scotland. Post "my location" before you start. FAIR
Girls need to be within an 1hr commute. Nuh Uh
Height is 5'7" FAIR
I'm 28. You can search 21-35. FAIR
An exchange of texts + screenshots will be enough to prove it. FAIR
Girls need to be presentable looking. No whales/uggos. Nuh Uh
If I call uggo, it's only fair the thread can over rule me. Nuh Uh
After you get the text, link girls to the thread for the lulz. FAIR
Blur the actual number and any other personal details. FAIR
Frequent updates! FAIR

How about £20 that I get you 25 messages, Eg people want to start talking with YOU within a 48 hour period.

What sayeth you?

I'm going to do down the South East sort of region, so nothing on your door stop. :p

:D

aln

aln

Associate
Haha, I made no promises about the quality of messages. :D

Your rules are far to tough, I was only saying you can get messages easily.

How about:

Don't do Scotland. Post "my location" before you start. FAIR
Girls need to be within an 1hr commute. Nuh Uh
Height is 5'7" FAIR
I'm 28. You can search 21-35. FAIR
An exchange of texts + screenshots will be enough to prove it. FAIR
After you get the text, link girls to the thread for the lulz. FAIR
Blur the actual number and any other personal details. FAIR
Frequent updates! FAIR

How about £20 that I get you 25 messages, Eg people want to start talking with YOU within a 48 hour period.

What sayeth you?

I'm going to do down the South East sort of region, so nothing on your door stop. :p

:D

So we have the premise of a bet, we're just negotiating the rules. Good.

Girls need to be within an 1hr commute. Nuh Uh -
Suggest a reasonable max distance. Theres no point if fake me couldn't really meet the girl, plus if you're picking the south east, this should be very easy to meet.

I'm not willing to budge on the uggos. My complaint in this thread is I can get girls who are ugly, but anyone semi decent seems to have ridiculous standards and ignores me. Of course uggos is a relative term, so it'll be anyone the thread deems within my level of attractiveness (that could backfire :p ).

I've had a ton a of messages. Getting girls who actually want to go out on dates is the problem. How about £25, 5 texts, end of the month?

Also my rules will make for a much more interesting watch I'm sure. :p

Last edited:
Soldato
:D This gon be interesting! :p

Well after ignoring the guy who keeps asking me to go round to his place, he messaged to ask what's wrong and so I told him exactly what I thought. He explained himself but I carried on ignoring as I thought he may just be BSing me. He messaged again today to say "haha is that it then Tina, are we done?"

He's either desperate for the one thing or actually genuinely interested in something more.. Either way, I've decided to give him another chance to prove he's 'innocent' so we're back to talking like normal now..

aln

aln

Associate

Well after ignoring the guy who keeps asking me to go round to his place, he messaged to ask what's wrong and so I told him exactly what I thought. He explained himself but I carried on ignoring as I thought he may just be BSing me. He messaged again today to say "haha is that it then Tina, are we done?"

He's either desperate for the one thing or actually genuinely interested in something more.. Either way, I've decided to give him another chance to prove he's 'innocent' so we're back to talking like normal now..

You know you do sound like a bit of a pain in the backside Tina. :p

GL & HF

Thug
Soldato
I can only be bothered with getting messages eg girls taking the time to write the first message, just to prove that a good profile will compliment you photo nicely.

I've got a GF so don't want to be getting into chats with other girls etc Truth be told, once you've got interest and they know what you look like, stats etc, then to be honest, when its ****ed up, its because you failed to impress. That is easy enough to remedy.

How about 50 messages, with 20 from nice looking people? Nothing more than that. You're welcome to get texts from it if you want.

Give me to the end of the week as well.

£20.

£25 and you can have whatever I write.

:p

P.s set up an account an hour or so ago when we first spoke. :)

Thug
Soldato

inb4 you dump him because he "isn't showing enough interest in me".

:p

Associate
I suppose the fact you let him should tell you something.

That she's a typical woman of course. Whether the chap is actually genuine or just a player, he's done pretty well. Reading back on what MisChief said about his behaviour my inkling would be he has/had something else on the go but wanted to keep his options open in case it didn't work out, which it doesn't seem to have.

Not texting for a few days, cancelling on the actual day, continually inviting over to his place etc. I'd never dream of acting in such a way, yet in this case the woman is still interested.

Some days I almost see the light and go 'Ah so this is why women act a certain way' other days I just haven't a clue and don't really want to have because I don't think women do either.

Thug
Soldato
50 unprompted first contact messages? Keep dreaming.

Good luck getting 50 people to even look at the profile.

Get in on the action then. I reckon I can get 50 women to send the first message.

I could be horribly wrong, but it seems to me that people just don't write anything interesting.

I'll use the profile Aln gave me, eg average height (5'7"), picture that he provided (which is a bloody awesome one as it looks like he is married :D)

Thug
Soldato
That she's a typical woman of course. Whether the chap is actually genuine or just a player, he's done pretty well. Reading back on what MisChief said about his behaviour my inkling would be he has/had something else on the go but wanted to keep his options open in case it didn't work out, which it doesn't seem to have.

Not texting for a few days, cancelling on the actual day, continually inviting over to his place etc. I'd never dream of acting in such a way, yet in this case the woman is still interested.

Some days I almost see the light and go 'Ah so this is why women act a certain way' other days I just haven't a clue and don't really want to have because I don't think women do either.

Its probably the same reason that you'd overlook a few mishaps from a lady that looked like Elisha Cuthbert.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom