1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** iPhone 5 - Revealed! ***

Discussion in 'Apple Hardware' started by Robbo, Jul 17, 2012.

1. IvanDobskey

Soldato

That's exactly what I did at my local O2 store this morning. Was 20 quid more than apple store are charging though.

2. monkeyspank

Soldato

I'll tell you in 2 or 3 weeks

3. IvanDobskey

Soldato

Cheers, will give it a go.

Edit: was just about to try it again and it's working now :p

Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  4. JamesU2005

Mobster

Hmm so one person couldn't and the other they asked an extra £20!?!?

Why the extra £20?

5. randal

Capodecina

Some people are finding the defect as the phone comes out of the box, according to some dude on Twitter in Germany.

This came off the Pocket Lint review, but I expect the reviewer had been using this for a longer period of time.

[​IMG]

6. IvanDobskey

Soldato

No idea. But the 16gb was £550, the 32gb was £620 and the 64gb was £720. Still, the extra £20 was a lot less than it would have cost me in fuel to drive to my nearest apple store in Cambridge and pay their extorsionate parking costs!

7. IvanDobskey

Soldato

Coating is anodised so shouldn't just come off? Mine looks fine and doesn't seem likely to wear but you never know I guess.

8. lomez

PermaBanned

well just been fobbed off by orange said my order would have been successful and I'll recieve the handset within 30 days. When I questioned him saying that other people had been billed for the headset/recieved email confirmation then been told their order hadn't processed and could he validate my order I was then told to phone orange via my current handset. Not going to bother today as it will be a nightmare to get through to anyone today. Maybe's one day I will find out if my order even exist's :-S

9. Somnambulist

Sgarrista

Got mine now.

It might look very similar to the 4/4S in the pictures but in the flesh it feels like a different phone completely. Got to go to O2 and get my nanosim next, hope they have plenty left...

10. randal

Capodecina

Well that's what people are saying too, and I agree. It's annodised so should be standing up to the test.

Keep us posted. :)

11. LiE

Capodecina

Pre-ordered on Tmobile. Heard nothing.

12. Logsi

Capodecina

Hhmmm i'm wondering what to do also.

I always like to keep it clean so may just do it that way. Backed up pictures. Only thing i may lose is App data.

13. scratch

Mobster

Mine arrived about 20 minutes ago. Just waiting for it to restore from a backup and for my O2 sim swap to be processed. I've lost network on my old phone but the iPhone isn't connecting yet..shouldn't be too long though.

14. Buckster

Sgarrista

O2 stock checker showing stock of all sizes and colours at all local stores

So availability seems fine

15. ZG002

Sgarrista

Same for me, Loads of stock in O2 up here if it's to be trusted.

16. roman59

Hitman

Mine arrived at 11.30 this morning, now the long restore from backup process.

Big question now is do I get a case for it?

Cheers all

17. Karateyid

Wise Guy

Pre-ordered mine from orange and loled as i past the apple store with about 300 people in the queue :)... Walked straight into the apple store picked it up and toddled off to work .. once again laughing at the apple queue..

Bought a clear case and a few screen protectors for mine.. orange had 20% off them when you bought them when you picked your phone up :).

Soooooooo much sleeker and alot faster.. Suffice to say V little work has been done

18. Gerard

Caporegime

Suprising theres so much stock considering the comments that preorders could be pushed back x amount of weeks, from what im seeing just about evedry o2 store here has plenty in black and white in the 32gig sweet spot.

19. scudstrike

Gangster

Hi, people. Congratz on gettin ur shiny toys. Do the rest of us a favour and post post codes and/or areas so everyone can no when they can expect there's. Did this last few years and it's been a roaring success ( i think lol!)

20. sharingan_sasuk

Wise Guy

Did a test on one of our instore demos:

[​IMG]

Back scratched with the iPhone sim card tray pin. Edge done with keys.

Reminds me of the HTC One S's bodywork.