*** iPhone 5 - Revealed! ***

Associate
Was expecting to wait until the 1st Oct for my phone (white 32Gb) but just got an update from apple saying it has been despatched and will arrive on monday 21st.

Soldato
Mine arrived this morning, feels very nice in the hand and screen impressive.

Only problem being I haven't got round to getting a nano sim, so stuck at activating screen until tomorrow. :(

Soldato
Just got home and unpacked my black iPhone5
Theres one mark on the bezel its not that bad as to take it back but still pretty poor on an expensive product.

Guess the quality testers went when Steve Jobs did.

Soldato
Just got home and unpacked my black iPhone5
Theres one mark on the bezel its not that bad as to take it back but still pretty poor on an expensive product.

Guess the quality testers went when Steve Jobs did.

The QC is probably no worse on the 5 than on previous iPhones the black ontop of silver means the tiniest imperfection stands out like a sore thumb.

Last edited:

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Well, opened my phone...

There's a mark on the chamfered edge, top left corner :mad:

So angry it is unreal. Tempted to drive to Cardiff (50 miles) in the morning just to vent my anger and get an exchange.

What is the likelyhood I will get seen without a genius bar appointment?

Man of Honour
OP
Wow, there are some seriously deluded idiots on Macrumours:

Out of the box dings are certainly unacceptable. But am I the only one who will kind of like the worn look after a year? There's something vintage about it that reminds me of an old Leica.

:confused: :o

I'm going to wait and see what happens with this, I was waiting anyway so it's not a problem.

Associate
Apple have just send me a text and email saying Ill have mine on Monday, after initially saying it will be 1 October. Happy with that :)

Thanks to all the cancellers :)

Soldato
Well, opened my phone...

There's a mark on the chamfered edge, top left corner :mad:

So angry it is unreal. Tempted to drive to Cardiff (50 miles) in the morning just to vent my anger and get an exchange.

What is the likelyhood I will get seen without a genius bar appointment?

Don't Apple do a 7 day no quibble exchange?

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

No idea, I haven't even taken the headphones etc out the box so I won't accept one of the handset-only jobbies.

I want a fully new phone :mad:

Back
Top Bottom