*** iPhone 5 - Revealed! ***

Soldato
Well I came on here when the IP5 came out and slated it.

I've been given one since and I stand by my words. It's nothing more than a slightly better 4S.

OK, the screen is fantastic (much deeper colours not just size) but other than that I've had the thing 10 minutes and I'm bored already. I certainly would not have paid for the upgrade.

(edit - the new headphones are pretty good too, compared to the old ones that is)

:D

Last edited:
Associate
Does anyone have a better iPhone 5 deal than THIS one?

I'm currently with T-Mobile and have 6 months left on a 24 month contract, could I get a better deal with T-Mobile?

Is there any difference between going directly with o2 themselves or via Mobiles.co.uk? I know T-Mobile throttled data speeds if I went with CPW/P4U etc.

Soldato
Was looking at deals

I found it cheapest to buy the iPhone 5 16gb sim free £529

Then get a virgin sim only deal from their site , £12 a month

Your tariff gives you:
1200 minutes
Unlimited texts
1GB Mobile Web

Permabanned
Does anyone have a better iPhone 5 deal than THIS one?

I'm currently with T-Mobile and have 6 months left on a 24 month contract, could I get a better deal with T-Mobile?

Is there any difference between going directly with o2 themselves or via Mobiles.co.uk? I know T-Mobile throttled data speeds if I went with CPW/P4U etc.

I upgraded with tmobile and I'm paying £36 a month for the full monty contract which usually costs £46.

Sam

Sam

Soldato
two questions

1. Why is the battery life so so bad, I've followed various guides to help save the battery but its still poor in comparison to my iPhone 4

2. Does anyone else get text messages but cannot see them until they close message centre and reopen?

Sam

Soldato
two questions

1. Why is the battery life so so bad, I've followed various guides to help save the battery but its still poor in comparison to my iPhone 4

2. Does anyone else get text messages but cannot see them until they close message centre and reopen?

Sam

I think the battery life is pretty good, but reported culprits are Safari iCloud sync. I would keep that iCloud sync stuff to a minimum then see how you fare.

Soldato
Are the black iPhone 5's still suffering from the black anodizing wearing off?

I've had mine since launch and still on the same condition as when I took it put of the box. I only keep mine in a neoprene sleeve to protect the phone when in my pocket.

I've even dropped it a couple of times and so far so good! :eek:

Soldato
Mine came with a very tiny nick at the bottom (almost looks like a spot of dust) so i'm resigned to the fact these things will just carry on getting tainted.

Just going to run the phone into the ground and buy a 5S when it comes out. lol

Associate
I had a flawless 16gb, but I returned that and got a 32gb on finance. That arrived today, but there's a small mark on the back... can I just take it into a store and have it switched for a flawless one?

think it has to be returned online, well mine did anyway

Soldato
After a phone for the missus. Some extremely nice iPhone 5 deals about at the minute.

Quidco and P4U are offering £100 cashback on them right now. The best deal seems to be with Vodafone:
£49.99 ufc,
£33pm
(33*24) + 50 = £842
£842-£100 = £742

Can't beat that anywhere at the minute (unless you whack the ufc up, which I'm not prepared to do). Three retentions were garbage but they did say something interesting about prices coming down in January, free phone and £29pm on their internet 500 deal. That would easily eclipse the Vodafone deal. Question is, was he talking BS?

He also said this happens every year, and happened last January to the 4s. Any ideas if that's true? Did prices drop in January?

Soldato
Is anyone running the 6.1 beta and can you confirm that it improves the battery life by a drastic amount? I've just returned my iPhone 5 as the battery is just pathetic but I'm now hearing people who have it say that the beta has improved this.

Soldato
Is anyone running the 6.1 beta and can you confirm that it improves the battery life by a drastic amount? I've just returned my iPhone 5 as the battery is just pathetic but I'm now hearing people who have it say that the beta has improved this.

Good question. Would love to know.

Otherwise I might hold off on the update when it does eventually go live.

Associate
So going to be upgrading in the next week. Who is the consensus on having the best contracts - EE? Currently on O2 (from when the iPhone was O2 only), my 3GS is pretty much giving up the ghost, handphone jack has gone again, can't really do phone calls on it and the battery life is now about 6 hours.

Had a look at the O2 contracts and they seem reasonable but not sure which way to go contract wise. Brother says EE/Orange are the best bet these days. I'll have a look through all the contracts myself, looking for around £25-30 a month and then I'll pay the amount needed for the phone (32GB, depending on the price of the 64GB but don't really need it)...

I suppose I could think of going Android/WP8 but would rather stay iOS.

The next thing then would be what case/screen protector - would rather keep it on the small side.

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom