*** iPhone 5 - Revealed! ***

LOL at beautiful connectors, think I've heard it all now...

Have you never read a thread in the Apple section before? The fanboyism is sometimes overwhelming.

p.s I own an iPhone and was looking forward to the iPhone5, unfortunately 1 more row of icons doesn't really do it for me.

I thought all phones were being made to use the same kind of charging connection?

So useful having every phone out there on micro USB now.

I've never not been able to find an iPhone charger , every household has one

Admittedly this will become less likely with the new port

Also lost count of the amount of times I've asked "has anyone got a micro USB cable" and either been handed a mini USB or been handed a jumble of cables and told "probably one in there"

If this is MagSafe it will be welcome , if not then what's the point

I've never not been able to find an iPhone charger , every household has one

Admittedly this will become less likely with the new port

Also lost count of the amount of times I've asked "has anyone got a micro USB cable" and either been handed a mini USB or been handed a jumble of cables and told "probably one in there"

If this is MagSafe it will be welcome , if not then what's the point

That it frees up absolutely loads of room at the bottom of the device, which can in turn be used for improving the speaker/microphone? Is it that hard to understand?

They did - probably be another year or two before you see it being used by an Apple device though.

Pity, because it was the only thing in the video that impressed me and made me think it had the jump on Andriod phones, without it the iPhone5 looks like it's just playing catch-up for the second year running.

micro USB looks cheap and tacky. The rumoured new connector looks beautiful.
Anyone else not buying the phone but queueing up on release day to pick up some of these beautiful cables? I can't wait. Going to leave a few scattered about my desk so these micro-usb fools can see the premium aesthetics of my superior charging connectivity.

Anyone else not buying the phone but queueing up on release day to pick up some of these beautiful cables? I can't wait. Going to leave a few scattered about my desk so these micro-usb fools can see the premium aesthetics of my superior charging connectivity.

Not sure if serious?

What?

You are right. Micro USB looks bloody terrible. Why shouldn't we have every aspect of our device beautiful right down to the charger. Its all in the details..To be honest, I don't mind shelling out for the nicer cable either. Apples products paint a beautifully crafted future. Its a shame there aren't even more manufactures working to a premium.

Is this a serious post? :confused:

Tbh, Apple seem to be pushing airplay and the cloud more these days so a physical dock is still meh to me, I can hook a Raspberry Pi up to a better set of speakers and play over airplay than a dock with meh speakers.

Yeah because it's such a great improvement :confused:

well there obviously doing it for some reason or another..

it probably frees up more room inside the device. for battery? storage?
the headphone jack is now on the bottom now, so if they had to budge the 30 pin across and make it off centre it would have look ****.
heck ill probably make a guess a it may even transfer data quicker.. or accept usb 3 speeds?

Who knows??, but apple wouldn't have done it for no reason would they :confused: having had the old connecter for what nearly a decade?... jeez use your brain a little instead of concluding it does **** all when its not even out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom