*** iPhone 5 - Revealed! ***

I doubt it. A lot of people barely eat into 8GB. I think at this moment in time the consumption of storage on handheld devices takes quite a logarithmic curve but then again it would be with the increase of GBs doubling every upgrade.

I think a 64GB device would be my bare minimum on my next device though...

I have 1GB left on my 32GB 3GS, so I'm opting for the 64GB iPhone.

Apple's iPhone launches no longer excite

Some valid observations made here I think. I'm excited about iPhone 5, but in all honesty, progress has been pretty slow, especially given they have only one product in this market.

I think the jump from the 3GS to the iPhone 4 was a very notable one. They completely changed the design (for the better, in my opinion) and pretty much improved on every aspect of the phone.

• The screen, while the same size, was excellent and sharp.
  • The design was all new, looked excellent and felt very premium.
  • The camera was one of the best around, and a huge step up from the 3GS, as was the video recording.
  • It had a front facing camera - and a fairly decent built in service to use it (FaceTime).
  • The battery life was a big step up.
  • It was quite a lot faster, and just generally better to use.

The iPhone 4S really just brought the better camera/video and Siri, as well as being faster and improving the signal. It worsened the battery life however, which wasn't good. There was nothing there to get excited about, really.

I fear that the above will be the case today. A 4"~ screen is going to improve things and be a very welcome addition - and one of the biggest things they can add - but is that all we're going to see?

If all of the leaks are accurate, there really isn't that much to look forward to.

I'd be in a genuine state of astonishment if Apple go ahead and announce something entirely different to what we've seen leaked/are expecting.

I'd be in a genuine state of astonishment if Apple go ahead and announce something entirely different to what we've seen leaked/are expecting.

Ditto, and i'll be highly disappointed if they don't reveal something which was missed from the leaks (given the thoroughness of the leaks, i'm not sure how they can really surprise on the hardware front, so I guess it's going to have to be some super secret iOS6 functionality or something?!)

Would be cool if the biometric stuff came to light, but as with a few other hardware related news items, everything seems to suggest that the technology won't be ready in time for the iPhone 5. Pah! :o

Apple's iPhone launches no longer excite

Some valid observations made here I think. I'm excited about iPhone 5, but in all honesty, progress has been pretty slow, especially given they have only one product in this market.

Haha, just posted in the other thread that I miss Steve. Almost entirely for these reasons.

I think the 4 to be fair was a reasonably big step, but they might as well call this one the 4SXL from what we've heard...

Siri was nice when it came along on the 4S mind, and had potential... But I'm still not sure about it.

The biggest thing that has disappointed me is the sheer scale of the leaks. Now don't get me wrong, I have no idea if they've only managed to leak minor, small stuff (in the grand scheme of things). But I doubt it. We pretty much know what the announcement is going to be, before it's announced.

I'm still excited, but nowhere near as much as I'd like to be.

kd

Regarding the new SIM size, it might be rubbish but the Manager in our local Orange shop is saying that pretty much every new smart phone from the end of the year onwards, android, windows or IOS, will use the new standard.

You mean like notifications and face time? I'm pretty sure they were on mobile phones long before Apple reinvented them.

Eh?

Did you read my post?

I didn't say Apple invented anything. I was implying Apple take features on other devices and technologies out there and put them all on one device.

Back
Top Bottom