*** iPhone 5 - Revealed! ***

well there obviously doing it for some reason or another..

it probably frees up more room inside the device. for battery? storage?
the headphone jack is now on the bottom now, so if they had to budge the 30 pin across and make it off centre it would have look ****.
heck ill probably make a guess a it may even transfer data quicker.. or accept usb 3 speeds?

Who knows??, but apple wouldn't have done it for no reason would they :confused: having had the old connecter for what nearly a decade?... jeez use your brain a little instead of concluding it does **** all when its not even out.

I think partially to make more room for things as the old connector was mammouth and a knock on effect is Apple make more $$$ by people having to update their peripherals ;)

I couldn't say, maybe they'll introduce a 128GB model but I doubt it.

I'm wondering whether they'll drop the 16GB model and bump the base model up to 32GB, but again, I doubt it.

Who really gives a @$£% if its not micro usb.. It hasn't been for last 5 years so why on earth was it ever going to be in the 6th revision. Stupid backwards move, Last time I checked technology was moving forward, not backwards!

Because they're changing the cable. If you're going to change it why not change it to the same sort that every other phone manufacturer is using. It would mean coffee shops could have mini-usb outlets by the tables which you could plug any phone into. You'd no longer have to carry around a charger if you're an intensive user. At the very least apple should allow other companies to use their connector either for free or a small cost or simply limit the manufacture of the leads to apple only to further increase their profit. It just seems silly for Apple to change to something absolutely completely different.

I doubt it. A lot of people barely eat into 8GB. I think at this moment in time the consumption of storage on handheld devices takes quite a logarithmic curve but then again it would be with the increase of GBs doubling every upgrade.

I think a 64GB device would be my bare minimum on my next device though...

The only reason I don't like the idea of a new connector is because my dock and my expensive speaker dock use the old one. I suppose they cannot use the current connector for ever, I just hope it brings benefits and isn't just so people have to buy new docks etc.

Last edited:
Because they're changing the cable. If you're going to change it why not change it to the same sort that every other phone manufacturer is using. It would mean coffee shops could have mini-usb outlets by the tables which you could plug any phone into. You'd no longer have to carry around a charger if you're an intensive user. At the very least apple should allow other companies to use their connector either for free or a small cost or simply limit the manufacture of the leads to apple only to further increase their profit. It just seems silly for Apple to change to something absolutely completely different.

But do your homework? Apple aren't new to the world. They have their own visions and don't really or have ever care what other people are doing because they want you to have it their way, buy their stuff.. Is it ideal? No of course it isn't. Theres a few times I have ran out of juice and no one had an apple cable. It annoyed me sure but I just dont like micro usb. Looks terrible and would ruin the design of the phone. Im sure I am not the only person who buys an iphone because they are built nice and look fantastic.

But why not see exactly what they have planned anyway. Its a tiny hope but if the port was thunderbolt compatible I would be over the moon!

Exactly, I'm sure Apple are quite aware that many people have very expensive speaker dock systems which are not going to become redundant overnight.

There is a current project on Kickstarter making a little bluetooth socket which plugs into the 30pin dock connector on your existing dock turning it into a bluetooth speaker :D

Back
Top Bottom