*** iPhone 5 - Revealed! ***

Does it work very well?

It's okay, there's only a few different high end phone chips around at the moment and they're all fairly similar. It's by no means had and shoulders above the others though, and a lot of the battery life differences come down to the rest of the phone.

For example the S3 doesn't use this, and uses Samsung's Exynos4412 and achieves as good, if not better battery life than many phones using the Nvidia 4plus1 family.

I'd consider it to be on par with the S3, with the preference being software and design.

Overall though, I like it, but innovative it is not.

Just watched the video on it. I actually quite like it. Stand by what I originally said. Bit miffed at the two toned look, black absolutely out shines white (I have only ever owned white)
The manufacturing process shows it in much better detail. Really looking forward to holding one.

However let down has been iOS6. Really missed an opportunity here.

I've never had an iPhone, and I probably won't get one of these (I'm a student, and dropping £500 on a phone just seems insane on my budget!)... but I think they're good. What do people expect, when they're asking for something revolutionary? What would make you think, "WOW!!"?!

This is what I've just asked in the thread about it in the mobile section, where it will no doubt be slated plenty.

It's not my job to innovate, that's down to Apple, but considering the current technology available they couldn't have done much more as far as I'm aware.

They left out NFC, but that is seldom used at the moment... by anyone.

I've never had an iPhone, and I probably won't get one of these (I'm a student, and dropping £500 on a phone just seems insane on my budget!)... but I think they're good. What do people expect, when they're asking for something revolutionary? What would make you think, "WOW!!"?!

NFC, and a new design, certainly not this 2 toned crap :p

but that is seldom used at the moment... by anyone.

That's the thing with Apple. hey use things which nobody uses and everyone follows quickly. eg, micro sim, nobody used it, but everywhere was quick to renovate. If Apple put in NFC I can see banks, restaurants etc rolling it out

Back
Top Bottom