*** iPhone 5 - Revealed! ***

I'm tempted, and from a Blackberry user who's never really given much thought to Apple stuff that's saying something!

Will these just work with EE 4G out of the box then (when the network is available) or will you need a special version?

Samsung changed the design of the Galaxy S 3 for the sake of it, pretty much, and most people say they prefer the S2 design and moaned about it no end.

The iPhone 4 design is the best design (in my opinion), I didn't want them to change it too much. I'm not totally sold on the 2 colour thing but I do like it.

I'm tempted, and from a Blackberry user who's never really given much thought to Apple stuff that's saying something!

Will these just work with EE 4G out of the box then (when the network is available) or will you need a special version?

They all have LTE support, but you may have to have a special data plan with EE or something. Who knows!

They all have LTE support, but you may have to have a special data plan with EE or something. Who knows!
Yeah I figured a new plan would be required, just wasn't sure if you needed to get a certain model of the phone.

Good to know you can just change up your plan when EE becomes an option to those outside the 16 cities mentioned in the rollout.

Now I just need to shift my 9900 and pay off my current contract, then hope I don't have to drop too much to get one of these without spending £8million a month on the plan! :p

I don't understand the new design argument - I mean, they're obviously doing something right, if everyone else tries to copy them! (Trololol! :p)

But, in all seriousness, it seems like a fundamental design that seems to work fairly well... it'd seem ridiculous to revolutionise a design just to pacify the, 'omg they're not innovating' crowd :confused:.
I think a teardrop would have been welcome, maybe a little wider too?

NFC like how I can pay with my contactless Barclays card? Perhaps they've looked at doing it, but didn't get enough support from card providers/banks/etc? Do other phones do that?

Places like McDonald's would have NFC pretty much instantly, they already do I think. Many fast food chains would probably join in soon aswell.

Any idea when EE release their pricing plans?

Tempted by the 4G. But considering that there's no competition, I bet the EE price plans will carry a £15 monthly premium over 3G plans, at least.

I have no idea why people say it 'feels' much better than "insert other brand phone here" since such a huge proportion of people buy it, then 5 minutes stick it in a cover/case for 99% of it's life.

Seems to me the feel of quality is a selling point, but using it to justify a purchase over a different brand it pretty moot.

I'll be getting one for her indoors, since she's on a Iphone 4 atm, and T-mobile are offering this on 12 months business tariff, with unlimited everything for £36pm and a handset cost of £250 inc. VAT for the 16GB version.

Bit miffed it's not even an HD screen is my only disappointment, down scaling sucks! :(

How do you know if your area has 4g?

http://ee.co.uk/

If you're not within the boundaries of one of those 16 cities, I guess you can forget it at launch time.

Seems to me the feel of quality is a selling point, but using it to justify a purchase over a different brand it pretty moot.

It's not moot if you really like good build quality. Since owning iPhones, most non-Apple phones feel unpleasantly cheaply made to me.

One thing I noticed is that the new connector is "all digital".

Does this mean there's no longer any analogue audio out? Sounds like it. If true then this means that, even with the adapter, the majority of audio docks aren't going to work, surely? Unless they've crammed a DAC into the adapter, which I doubt.

It's not moot if you really like good build quality. Since owning iPhones, most non-Apple phones feel unpleasantly cheaply made to me.

My HTC Sensation XE, feels superb, it's got all the rigidity of the Apple equivalent, and I can change the battery if needed. Also how are you defining good build quality 'cause the last one broke if you dropped it on to anything harder than a doormat, unless it was cased?

Samsung changed the design of the Galaxy S 3 for the sake of it, pretty much, and most people say they prefer the S2 design and moaned about it no end.

I think the design was to make it feel more comfy in the hand, I imagine the blocky design of the S2 would feel much much bigger at 4.8".

The iPhone 4 design is the best design (in my opinion), I didn't want them to change it too much. I'm not totally sold on the 2 colour thing but I do like it.

I would agree, i love the design of the iPhone 4, its just nice, simple, clean, I just hated the glass on the back, it never felt good, I'm glad they changed it and I will hold judgment on the 2 tone design till I try one out.

Have they said what the 16 cities are?

Orange absolutely disgust me. They have an option to help you find the plan for you and if you select your option as watching lots of videos+lots of browsing, they recommend plans with 250mb of data, presumably so they can charge you for going over their limits :mad::rolleyes:

If you're not within the boundaries of one of those 16 cities, I guess you can forget it at launch time.

This. In terms of build quality the iPhone is far superior IMO.

Glad I waited and didn't go for the S3 which for me was just too big amongst other issues.

This fanboi will be queueing up next Friday :D

Back
Top Bottom