*** iPhone 5 - Revealed! ***

Maybe I was just lucky dropping mine the other week on concrete without a case, twice. :p

The more I look at the new IPhone, the more I'm warming to it. The black looks surprisingly good tbh. I'm glad they've made the outer edge aluminium black too, makes it easier to tell apart from a 4s

Anyone think now is a good time to buy a 4S? 5 looks great but I won't be using LTE for probably another year - it will be a high premium and the other improvements to me are negligible over the 4S. Who needs double the performance when it is pretty much all instant anyway?

I'm waiting for some decent reviews from the press that have had hands-on time before I make my decision. But I'll probably upgrade anyway :p It's practically a £200 upgrade every year for me - Which is pretty good in my opinion...

My HTC Sensation XE, feels superb, it's got all the rigidity of the Apple equivalent, and I can change the battery if needed. Also how are you defining good build quality 'cause the last one broke if you dropped it on to anything harder than a doormat, unless it was cased?

The Sensation is not a good example of great quality. Sure, it seems good at first but it's not well made. It's a bit of a creaky mess due to the phone-in-shell design.

The Sensation is not a good example of great quality. Sure, it seems good at first but it's not well made. It's a bit of a creaky mess due to the phone-in-shell design.

In your experience it's not good. Mines been fine for almost 12 months, and it's never been in a case, not a mark on it, and been dropped a good few times on to hard floors at work too.

Completely skirting the point however, which phones can you name that have fell apart on you in normal use that could make you justify saying "I am buying as it feels better" only then to put it in a case to protect if for the entire time you own it.

Build quality is a false sign of superiority since all phones are built to last with normal use, something that uses better materials may feel more luxurious and mentally convince you that it is better, when really it's just a phone shell.

I love the plastic feel of the 3GS, don't like the glass on the 4/S and the new metal back will probably feel like what I am used to now.

So the frequencies it supports LTE on are 2100 MHz, 1800 MHz, 850 MHz. http://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/.
Everything Everywhere are launching their early 4G on 1800MHz.

When the Ofcom auction happens next year for the other networks that's going to be 800MHz and 2600MHz... So the current iPhone 5 handsets will never do LTE on anything apart from Everything Everywhere!

Have they said what the 16 cities are?

Orange absolutely disgust me. They have an option to help you find the plan for you and if you select your option as watching lots of videos+lots of browsing, they recommend plans with 250mb of data, presumably so they can charge you for going over their limits :mad::rolleyes:

I love the EE website.

'Dont wait until you are home to download films'

Yea, right - because you'll be able to download films using the ridiculous bandwidth limits they are almost certain to impose.

Have they said what the 16 cities are?

Orange absolutely disgust me. They have an option to help you find the plan for you and if you select your option as watching lots of videos+lots of browsing, they recommend plans with 250mb of data, presumably so they can charge you for going over their limits :mad::rolleyes:

Everything Everywhere's statement yesterday said:
Four cities – London, Bristol, Cardiff and Birmingham – are switched on today for the company’s engineers to begin live testing and systems integration, in readiness for the customer launch.

EE’s 4G network will cover a third of the UK population in 2012 – over 20 million people – and customers on the EE brand will also have access to the largest 3G network in the UK outside of the 4G cities. Further towns, cities and rural areas, will follow rapidly with 2013 population coverage to reach 70%, with 98% covered by 2014.

EE’s 2012 launch schedule will see 16 areas of the country connected to 4G by Christmas – the UK’s four capitals and twelve further major cities. The 16 cities are London, Edinburgh, Cardiff, Belfast, Birmingham, Bristol, Derby, Glasgow,
Hull, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle, Nottingham, Sheffield and Southampton.
http://everythingeverywhere.com/201...s-ee-a-new-company-a-new-network-a-new-brand/

I work in London (placement year), and am at Uni in Bristol... so I'm covered :D.

So the frequencies it supports LTE on are 2100 MHz, 1800 MHz, 850 MHz. http://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/.
Everything Everywhere are launching their early 4G on 1800MHz.

When the Ofcom auction happens next year for the other networks that's going to be 800MHz and 2600MHz... So the current iPhone 5 handsets will never do LTE on anything apart from Everything Everywhere!

At which point... iPhone 5S/6.

[TW]Fox;22757284 said:
I love the EE website.

'Dont wait until you are home to download films'

Yea, right - because you'll be able to download films using the ridiculous bandwidth limits they are almost certain to impose.

If they do impose such limits, it makes 4G entirely pointless. It really has to be a massive allowance, likely unlimited; but I bet it won't be.

Especially as you'll have to pay extra for it to begin with (most likely).

Back
Top Bottom