*** iPhone 5 - Revealed! ***

There hasn't been an 8GB version for ages, 16GB is hardly over the top.

It is for anybody who doesn't use their phone to horde massive amounts of music/videos.

I have had my iPhone about 20 months, never deleted a picture/video/email/etc and have used <4GB and that includes a half gig satnav app.

I'm fairly disappointed.

It just seems like my 4s but longer. If they'd upped the base model to 32gb I would have considered it.

I know people are saying "what are you expecting"? I don't know. Apple are supposed to be renowned for their innovation but it just seems like they're playing catch up now.

I'm either going to stick with my 4s for another year or try out the Lumia 920 when it's out.

Looking at it after a nights sleep, I will give this a miss. Not happy with the connector adapter or the tiny increase from the 4S. I will give it a while until all the cheap adapters and cables are on the market and look again next year.

So I will keep refreshing TP's forums for a used 4s or just make do with my 4 for another year. Might even consider a SG3 for a change.

I'm gonna look at a 920 when out, maybe apple will get a kick up the backside when they notice people are looking at the 920, also gotta see when prices there offering!

Just read on apple site:

Model A1429
(GSM model)
1 (2100 MHz)
3 (1800 MHz)
5 (850 MHz)
United Kingdom Everything Everywhere
Orange
T-Mobile

The 850 frequency is what o2 and voda use.

Just read on apple site:

Model A1429
(GSM model)
1 (2100 MHz)
3 (1800 MHz)
5 (850 MHz)
United Kingdom Everything Everywhere
Orange
T-Mobile

The 850 frequency is what o2 and voda use.

I don't think thats true unfortunately, I believe they will be using an 800mhz frequency, that will not be compatible with the iphone 5. If you want LTE, you must be an EE customer I believe.

I'm fairly disappointed.

It just seems like my 4s but longer. If they'd upped the base model to 32gb I would have considered it.

I know people are saying "what are you expecting"? I don't know. Apple are supposed to be renowned for their innovation but it just seems like they're playing catch up now.

I'm either going to stick with my 4s for another year or try out the Lumia 920 when it's out.
Thing is I think smart phones have pretty much got everything now. There isn't much to get excited about any more.

They all look pretty much the same, they all do pretty much the same thing and cost the same amount.

It's a phone and it's a small computer and it's a camera. There isn't a lot else you can do with it except make it thinner, lighter, faster, have more battery life and every 12 months make the corners a bit more or less rounded, make the case out of something different, make one bit shiny that was matt or vice versa.

Apple Online Store iPhone FAQ said:
Do I need an iPhone-specific service plan?
Yes, you do. When you buy the iPhone from the Apple Online Store, it is sold unlocked with the option to add a Pay as you go starter pack from one of the available carriers. If you don't select Pay as you go, you can contact a carrier directly to learn about the service plans available for the iPhone.

Am I reading that right in that it sounds like carriers will be offering a nano-SIM ONLY with a specific iPhone plan? So I couldn't just walk into a store and get my SIM swapped over?

Back
Top Bottom