*** iPhone 5 - Revealed! ***

Those adaptors look useless as well. If have your car wired for iphone with cradle or an iphone shape dock moulded into hifi, there is no way on earth you can possibly fit an inch tall adapter inbetween old socket and the phone. Crazy. Just crazy. Killed the product for millions of people.

Considering I recall reading that Microsoft have specified W8 phones to all use the same connector this looks like a major own goal for Apple :(

Well, iOS is fundamentally designed as a platform to launch apps from.

The software innovation is meant to lie within the various apps. Google have gone further than this with Android and sort of tied the OS into the apps more so than Apple via widgets and the greater degree of phone control that Android apps can have.

I like iOS for the simple nature of it, and the unified feel, but Google aren't far away from that with Jelly Bean on the Galaxy Nexus, it really is excellent.

As for what Apple could do, I'm not sure really... I think they'll be okay for the moment with keeping the innovation within the apps themselves. Perhaps some new icons though, the current ones are 'iconic', I guess, but a change wouldn't be a bad idea. Perhaps some live icons like the live tiles on WP8; so that the weather could change on the icon itself, for example. Hardly amazing innovation but a few small things like that would go a long way.

100% agree with you.

my contract renews on 22nd Oct, wow, couldnt be better timing, not sure if i want an iphone though, the Xperia S looks good and some retailers are doing cheap deals on it!

Iphone 5 how very underwhelming and as said not in the slightest the big jump in design change and tech that it needed. Was holding out to see if it would sway me back but im really still tempted by windows phone.

As always the die hards will lap it up like its the second coming of steve and jesus together.

I found no NFC quite surprising, but I was underwhelmed, I'm due a upgrade next month so I was going to give apple a chance. Nothing here to make me switch all though there are a couple of nice things.

Ill think I'll stick with my S2 and wait until Q1/Q2 and see what the next gen of android phones bring

• Worldwide 4G LTE

Could you change that to full US LTE, limited worldwide 4G LTE.

The iPhone 5 only supports 1800Mhz in the EU. That's quite big omission for those looking for complete LTE coverage over the next few years.
All the other EU LTE phones, like the Nokia Lumia 920, Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE and One XL, support the major European LTE frequencies (800/1800/2600) for full coverage.

Could you change that to full US LTE, limited worldwide 4G LTE.

The iPhone 5 only supports 1800Mhz in the EU. That's quite big omission for those looking for complete LTE coverage over the next few years.
All the other EU LTE phones, like the Nokia Lumia 920, Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE and One XL, support the major European LTE frequencies (800/1800/2600) for full coverage.

Done.

When are we able to pre order on o2, any ideas?

Why cant i just place my order with o2 and just receive when i have stock, hope i don't have to keep ringing to see if they have stock as thats a right pita.

Sam

When are we able to pre order on o2, any ideas?

Why cant i just place my order with o2 and just receive when i have stock, hope i don't have to keep ringing to see if they have stock as thats a right pita.

Sam

If I had to guess, it'll be on Friday.

My only worry is that with IOS6 on the iPhone 4 that i have, it will slow it to a crawl and not very nice to use.

It is already slow with the latest iOS5.
My main concern too. There is no feature that should slow down the speedy i4 at all really. Yet I just 'know' it will happen.

I just don't know what to do now with regards to buying a new phone. My iPhone 4 I will pass to my parents, and I am burnt out on iOS as I have been using it from the start. Then again, I am not fond of the build on the S3 especially that back.

Last edited:
One of the main reasons people didn't jump ship to an android based phone was due to the fact that people already had the accessories in place at great cost, moving to a different platform (connection) would have been a great ball ache.

Now that Apple have change the connection, there is nothing stopping people jumping ship now who would have been loyal.

Guys,

I am on the Simplicty o2 plan so not wanting to change. Have the prices been released yet for the Handset only?

Thankyou!

£529 for base model (16gb)

On a different note, does anyknow what the default search engine on the new iOS/iPhone will be since they are removing YouTube and Google Maps, are they removing Google as the default search engine?

the second coming of steve and jesus together.

Steve and Jesus always came together, if Jesus came first Steve got an insufferable ego and started going on about "getting it right in or out of the box" "just working" "revolutionary" and if Jesus came second Steve would sue him for copying.

If I had to guess, it'll be on Friday.

Cool :)

Guessing it will be first come first serve?. I'm probably best off just waiting until the hype dies down and then making an order. Id like a white one too and I'm guessing they wont be available for a while as historically black is always released first.

Sam

Cool :)

Guessing it will be first come first serve?. I'm probably best off just waiting until the hype dies down and then making an order. Id like a white one too and I'm guessing they wont be available for a while as historically black is always released first.

Sam

I imagine so, though with the networks you're never really sure what they are doing.

The white and black will be released at the same time, no delays.

£529 for base model (16gb)

On a different note, does anyknow what the default search engine on the new iOS/iPhone will be since they are removing YouTube and Google Maps, are they removing Google as the default search engine?

It is still Google in Safari with the options of Yahoo and Bing also in the sittings.

you what really ****es me off, I left orange to join O2 so that I could get the original iPhone and now I have to switch back to orange to get LTE

apple have stabbed all of their early adopters in the back

Back
Top Bottom