*** iPhone 5 - Revealed! ***

Soldato
Is this the new iPhone?

http://i.imgur.com/CxvNG.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/cHry3.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Personally, I wouldn't be hugely disappointed if that was the design... I was hoping for something a little bit more different to the current design - But I like the current design, so why change something that works :p

Would love to see the white version :)

Associate
Is anyone else wondering if there will be some new feature/function exclusive to the next model that will require the longer screen. It just seems unlikely that they'll just stand up and say that they've made the screen bigger for no major reason.

Man of Honour
OP
Is anyone else wondering if there will be some new feature/function exclusive to the next model that will require the longer screen. It just seems unlikely that they'll just stand up and say that they've made the screen bigger for no major reason.

The fact the screen is bigger is a major reason in itself. It makes everything better!

What don't you like about it Johnny? I seriously think it looks good. I really like the two tone!

It just doesn't look next gen. All the iPhones progression has been forward. this just makes the 4S look better if it had a 4" screen. I see absolutely no point in having that two tone look, seeing as the antenna in that design again along the band I cant understand why it would need that two tone..

Like I said, the renders 2 weeks ago look quite good but all these photos just look naff.

Soldato
another shout for better battery life. but i guess the battery does last around a day on the 4S with medium to heavy usage. and to be fair, it does charge very quickly to 100%.

bigger screen size, and maybe a bit thinner would be good. keeping the same weight and feel. i would like to see the deisgn all brushed aluminium!

Caporegime
It just doesn't look next gen. All the iPhones progression has been forward. this just makes the 4S look better if it had a 4" screen. I see absolutely no point in having that two tone look, seeing as the antenna in that design again along the band I cant understand why it would need that two tone..

Like I said, the renders 2 weeks ago look quite good but all these photos just look naff.

Other than the angle they are displayed at I don't see a lot of difference between the picture of the back in post 107 you liked and the one you now dislike. The edges are a bit more defined in the render, a bit sharper but i'm not seeing what you like in the render and don't like in the picture :confused:

:)

Other than the angle they are displayed at I don't see a lot of difference between the picture of the back in post 107 you liked and the one you now dislike. The edges are a bit more defined in the render, a bit sharper but i'm not seeing what you like in the render and don't like in the picture :confused:

:)
Well there wouldnt be would there because they are the same thing. If you read my post you'll see that I actually said I think the renders look nicer than the physical photos of it. What I am saying there is that the materials obviously produced in these mockups that are being photographed doesn't live up to the renders.

Either way I still absolutely hate the two toned appearance and just hope I am right in saying this will end up being nothing more than a mock up and not the actual device.

Soldato

I'd speculate it simply lets them increase the size of the screen because people DO want bigger screens on their phones, but from what I can see they've been able to keep the size increase minimal because the screen takes up more of the front and doesn't add any width which ties into the ergonomics arguement with smartphones. They made the screen bigger but one can still operate it just using their thumb. Extra 'row' of apps, less bordering on videos due to a more 16:9 aspect ratio etc etc.

Man of Honour
OP
iPhone 5 and iPad Mini to be Announced on September 12th with iPhone 5 Release September 21st

iMore reports that they have heard that the next generation iPhone, new iPod nano, and all new 7.85" iPad mini will be announced on September 12th. They also pinpoint the actual launch date for the next iPhone as September 21, 2012.

"iMore has heard that Apple is planning to debut the new iPhone at a special event on Wednesday, September 12, 2012, with the release date to follow 9 days later on Friday, September 21. This information comes from sources who have proven accurate in the past."

The next-generation iPhone, which is frequently referred to as the "iPhone 5", is expected to have a taller 4" screen as shown in the above photo. Rumors have also suggested the inclusion of high speed LTE wireless networking.

While we generally refer to the next iPhone as the "iPhone 5", if Apple follows the example of their most recent iPad release, they may drop the numbering scheme with every new iPhone release. The 3rd generation iPad was simply called "the new iPad" in all press materials. Similarly, it seems likely that Apple will simply refer to the next iPhone as the "new iPhone".

While the 7.85" iPad mini has been long rumored, there has been a notable increase in the frequency and volume of rumors related to the product. The smaller iPad is believed to help Apple fill a cheaper price point in their tablet lineup.

iMore has been an accurate source of release date information in the past. They previously pinpointed the iPad 3 launch date as well as pre-order date for the iPhone 4S.

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/07/30/iphone-5-and-ipad-mini-to-be-announced-on-september-12th/

v0n

v0n

Soldato
Connector change (although in all honesty - long overdue, it was giant thing) is the biggest problem of this release. After so many of us accumulated car cradles, hifi systems, car docks, desktop chargers, alarm clock docks for all our Apple devices over the years, this simple change can actually break the order of things and fate of the iphone. Because new iphone doesn't offer much in terms of improvements (slightly bigger screen, another Siri that doesn't work in Europe for years), but takes away everything you had for your i-devices - takes away compatibility. And if compatibility with your existing "infrastructure" is to be lost, many might decide it's actually cheaper, easier and better to go android way - as in - if all this upgrade offers is bigger screen, better maps, improved voice control and different connector why not get one of the non Apple phones that actually offer bigger screen, better maps, improved voice control and most standardized connector on the market.
I think it was a bad move, it should have been done gradually, designed to be super easy to switch over - perhaps new connector should have been designed in such a way that Apple could offer free adaptor that didn't impair usability of existing docks, cradles and hard wired solutions etc. Something that third party "adaptor" manufacturers undoubtedly will fail miserably to do, as always, by creating some sort of wobbly, uggly, connector snapping hybrid, just adding insult to the injury.

Soldato
Annoying maybe but it'll refresh the whole market of accessories for the iPhone, and not just for that, I'm sure that if the iPhone adopts a new pin then any future iPods and iPads will change also. Everything you mentioned will be refreshed and may produce some cool new accessories, who knows it might be a good thing but initially even I admit everything from your desktop dock to your bed side alarm will need replacing, but then Apple don't give out prior knowledge to consumers do they? :p

Back
Top Bottom