iRacing

I bough this game for $15 as a trial, to see if its any good. The game itself is good, but some of the prices they are charging are beyond a joke really. Charging $ per hour if you host a server? LOL....

Paying $10-$15 dollars to buy a new car, that you can race around. It's micro-transaction gone silly.

Not to mention, for rookies like myself, the game is designed to turn you off. Damage is on all the time, so in order to get used to the cars/tracks takes 5x times as long as in other games, because of a small mistake, you have to restart back into the garage.

Online racing is no fun either, Just spent over an hour driving in practise/quali, come race day, two guys in front tangle up on lap 3 and I brake and hit one car at around 20mph and the car is so damaged you cannot drive it anymore. Go into the pits and the repair time is 6 minutes.....

How are rookies suppose to enjoy this game...

Not to mention, I can't even paint my cars, since their painter does not load for cars. I can paint my helmet and suit, but not the car. Just got kicked from a server, because my car was white lol, and there is nothing I can do about since iracing website is broken.....

Overall, the gameplay is fun, but not been able to switch damage off, is a total turn off. Not to mention the ridiculous prices, surely this has to be some kind of a new world record for milking customers.

Gux totally missing the point. Its no good moaning about the prices in here mate, most of us think there extremely good. You have to pay for quality.

Ps you clearly know nothing. Its not micro transactions gone mad its paying for the very best and latest technology. £5-7 for a laser scanned car. £10 for a laser scanned Track. You are kidding me right ? Ever tried to book a track day or take a real car around teh track, (Now that's ridiculous)

If you are asking to turn the damage off you are totally missing the point with this game. lol at moaning about rookies crashing, thats what rookies do they crash.

To summaries on your post I'd say without a shadow of a doubt Iracing isn't for you.

I think you are treating it as a game which is the wrong way to go about it. It's more of a hobby.

You get what you pay for, the quality of the cars and tracks are way better than any other game. It's trying to be a realistic racing simulator and it wouldn't be very realistic if you could just turn off damage and not be punished for hitting a wall or crashing into other cars.

Rookie is always going to have dodgy drivers, it would be better to just start from the pits and take your time until you get out of it.

I'm a relative iracing rookie but I got through the mazda races and got promoted up at the end of the first month no problem. Without a doubt there were some incredibly frustrating moments but you must take it slow and give everyone a lot of space. You will soon be able to gauge someone elses skill and decide whether or not to get a bit more aggressive with them and have a good fight for position. I always used to start at the back, watch all the idiots causing chaos ahead of me on turn 1 then work my way up through the field. It's a hardcore sim, no damage would be ridiculous, it's not NFS.

As for the price, well initially I thought bloody hell that's pricey, but when you get into it and realise the quality and realism of the content it soon becomes worth it - especially given the hours I've already put in. I recently got C licence and the level of driving, competitiveness and close racing is like night and day compared to the rookie races.

Gux totally missing the point. Its no good moaning about the prices in here mate, most of us think there extremely good. You have to pay for quality.

Ps you clearly know nothing. Its not micro transactions gone mad its paying for the very best and latest technology. £5-7 for a laser scanned car. £10 for a laser scanned Track. You are kidding me right ? Ever tried to book a track day or take a real car around teh track, (Now that's ridiculous)

If you are asking to turn the damage off you are totally missing the point with this game. lol at moaning about rookies crashing, thats what rookies do they crash.

To summaries on your post I'd say without a shadow of a doubt Iracing isn't for you.

Come on dude, a game like rFactor maybe slightly worse than Iracing, but it can be up to 5x if not more cheaper to play. At least with all the money they are ripping customers off, they could at least have a designed a semi-decent website, that actually works. The website itself looks like it was done in 5 min.

Also for the damage, whats wrong with an option to have it off? I mean, they got racing lines in nice green and red colors on the tarmac that's pretty unrealistic, so why not have an option to have the damage off? So what if it is not realistic, it will help the novice drivers, learn the cars/tracks quicker.

rFactor is significantly worse in quality compared to iRacing. The website always works fine for me and I think its fine to navigate so no problem there... I'm also pretty sure the racing line is only allowed in Rookie so its a bad idea to get used to having it on.

Turning damage off won't help the novice drivers learn racecraft which is the whole point of the Rookie series. It teaches you to be careful near other drivers and respect them. If you don't then you are out of the race.

Rfactor can not be compared to I-racing. There is a huge difference between laser and not laser scanned tracks. All of us who use the service have np with the price.

Has most of us have taken 10 minutes out realised the cost involved in laser scanning. The level of scanning is second to none and better than the technology currently used in f1 simulators. That's worth a tenner.

You may also want to read up about the Iracing project its a non profit organization really the profit goes back into the game. So there ripping no one off.

The website could be better but its very easy to use there numerous videos and information on how to use it and get the best out of it. Again spend 10 minutes to half an hour and your understand it. When understood its a very good tool. That does everything you would need.

The damage thing Iracing is not designed to be a GAME its a simulatorthat has been designed to help real world race drivers. The damage is there as an aid. It stops you going like a noob and trying to do qualifying laps every single lap. In a real car you wouldn't do that because you would probley end up dead by the end of the session.

If you dont like it thats cool, if you cant afford it thats all fine. But please know one is ripping you off and if you want a game where you can drive like a tard theres a million of those out there. Iracing is different. Its by far the best racing simulator currently on the market. That comes at a premium one most of us are more than happy to pay.

I think someone has just ignored everything if im being honest loaded up the game and expected everything for free now and I want to be fast now. Read the getting started guide its there for a reason.
Enjoy a proper season in the MX5 so you can see what sets iracing apart. Do all the free series available to you. So you dont feel like iracing is stealing all your money.(Its what most of us do.)

Me personally I must have spent £200 on iracing in 12 months and its worth every god dam penny. If I had another spare £200 i resub today and buy the rest of the content I need. Its that dam good.

All this is coming from a guy who sat watching iracing pass him by for 4 years thinking thats a rip off im not paying that. Then i actually read up on the game the people behind it what goes into making a track a car. Did a full season in the radical. Now I'm a full convert. I have virtually ever car game and simulator installed on my PC i only every play one for one reason. Iracing and its high quality content. everything else is meehhhhh now.

any tips for leading the grid on rolling starts? Did my first ever one in the Grand Am but I was swamped straight away and ended up 4-5 wide into turn 1! Seemed like some people behind floored it as soon as the safety car went in and completely ignored me and the green lights, is this allowed? Wasn't sure whether to stay right on the arse of the last Riley or not, normally people leave a gap from what i'd seen previously...

Rfactor can not be compared to I-racing. There is a huge difference between laser and not laser scanned tracks. All of us who use the service have np with the price.

Has most of us have taken 10 minutes out realised the cost involved in laser scanning. The level of scanning is second to none and better than the technology currently used in f1 simulators. That's worth a tenner.

You may also want to read up about the Iracing project its a non profit organization really the profit goes back into the game. So there ripping no one off.

The website could be better but its very easy to use there numerous videos and information on how to use it and get the best out of it. Again spend 10 minutes to half an hour and your understand it. When understood its a very good tool. That does everything you would need.

The damage thing Iracing is not designed to be a GAME its a simulatorthat has been designed to help real world race drivers. The damage is there as an aid. It stops you going like a noob and trying to do qualifying laps every single lap. In a real car you wouldn't do that because you would probley end up dead by the end of the session.

If you dont like it thats cool, if you cant afford it thats all fine. But please know one is ripping you off and if you want a game where you can drive like a tard theres a million of those out there. Iracing is different. Its by far the best racing simulator currently on the market. That comes at a premium one most of us are more than happy to pay.

Sure there is a difference between laser scanner or not, but that's pretty much one of the few things iracing has over rFactor. I can make a case, how a game that cost so much more than rFactor does not even support basic offline racing. There is no AI available in this game, that one hell of a basic feature to expect in ANY game today. In fact, if for what ever reason, you lose internet collection, the game is unplayable.

As for the damage, your argument no sense, All I am asking from a game is to enable me, the user to have an OPTION, if I want it on or off. Again a feature that has been in almost all the racing games ever released. Atm, even during testing the damage is on, so a simple spin into a barrier can ruin a run and you have to go back to the garage, thus making the game for beginners less enjoyable.

As for not being a game and only a simulator, sorry but that again makes no sense. iracing developers have included support for a game pad, now we all know in order to get any proper simulation out of a game, you really should use a wheel. In fact on the official iracing site, they call iracing a game....

I think someone has just ignored everything if im being honest loaded up the game and expected everything for free now and I want to be fast now. Read the getting started guide its there for a reason.
Enjoy a proper season in the MX5 so you can see what sets iracing apart. Do all the free series available to you. So you dont feel like iracing is stealing all your money.(Its what most of us do.)

Me personally I must have spent £200 on iracing in 12 months and its worth every god dam penny. If I had another spare £200 i resub today and buy the rest of the content I need. Its that dam good.

All this is coming from a guy who sat watching iracing pass him by for 4 years thinking thats a rip off im not paying that. Then i actually read up on the game the people behind it what goes into making a track a car. Did a full season in the radical. Now I'm a full convert. I have virtually ever car game and simulator installed on my PC i only every play one for one reason. Iracing and its high quality content. everything else is meehhhhh now.

That is one major problem of this game. Atm I have paid the $15 and I have almost nothing to do in this game. Sure sign up to MX5 season, a thing that runs once a week. Most of the quick races, I will say 95% I cannot join, either because of low rank or I don't have the correct cars/track and need to buy them...

So far, from what I discovered, I can rarely race online atm and if I join a MX5 season, that is once per week race. Also most of the tournaments I cannot join and the ones I can seem to be practice only....

Since there is no offline AI racing, all I can really do is run test days on my own. Hardly edge of the seat stuff. Like I said in the OP, for rookies, this game seriously sucks.

The MX5 runs a race every single hour for the whole week. The reason you cannot race the faster cars is because you simply won't be able to drive them. It's not rFactor where you just hope in the F1 cars and after 10 minutes you are at a decent pace.

Tbh it just seems like iRacing isn't the game for you.

The MX5 runs a race every single hour for the whole week. The reason you cannot race the faster cars is because you simply won't be able to drive them. It's not rFactor where you just hope in the F1 cars and after 10 minutes you are at a decent pace.

Tbh it just seems like iRacing isn't the game for you.

Well if thats the case with MX5 races, I take my previous words back, but where can I find that series then? All the racing series I have looked at, most of them do 1 race per week.

I was an iRacing doubter for a long time.

I didn't like the idea of monthly subscriptions for a start and then the added cost of tracks and cars was off putting.

But after a 3 month for the price of 1 trial and plenty of practice, I could see the benefit of how the game is structured to give you the cleanest online sim racing available outside of a private league. Play any other sim racing game online on public servers and you'll be lucky if you get one decent race in fifty. In iRacing, once you're out of rookie, it's almost all of the races.

Getting out of rookie takes patience and practice, most of all you have to keep it clean and incident free. This means, for the most part, not really racing at all and letting all the other rookies take each other out or go off, while you lap at your comfortable pace.

It doesn't take long to get out of rookie if you stick to those rules and before you know it you have the tools and skills to avoid accidents and incidents and you can get on with some very enjoyable sim racing.

Professional racing driver spend hours and hours practicing at each circuit, they do that for a very good reason. So you can't expect to turn up in the most realistic race sims and not have to practice first.

Well if thats the case with MX5 races, I take my previous words back, but where can I find that series then? All the racing series I have looked at, most of them do 1 race per week.

Select the Mazda Cup from the series drop down menu.

No series is once a week. Most of them are every two hours.

Are you joining hosted servers rather than official one's?

You should log in, then click the green Race Now button near the top right of the page and then select a series from the drop down menu on near the top left.

Last edited:
Select the Mazda Cup from the series drop down menu.

No series is once a week. Most of them are every two hours.

Are you joining hosted servers rather than official one's?

You should log in, then click the green Race Now button near the top right of the page and then select a series from the drop down menu on near the top left.

Ok, I finally got it now. Thanks for your help, but what a mess that website is in. Before I was going to the series, league and host tab to join races.

Website really is a poor effort on their part.

qbrc.jpg

Click on the red highlighted time slot, you then become registered for that race.

If you're really in to sim racing and you really want the best, but also appreciate that it'll take some commitment (time) on your part, then there simply is no better than iRacing. That's coming from someone that races for real and owns a few race cars.

I don't get much chance to play sims but when I do, I pay iRacing and spend my time there exclusively.

That's not to say I don't own other sims because I do, I have pCARS for example, but nothing else compares to the level of detail in the driving and the closeness of the racing. It's the most credible sim on the market.

I'm just going to ignore you to be honest. You clearly think Rfactor is some kinda be all and end all.

Most of us who play Iracing can actually drive so we don't care about car resets, has we can drive. We don't care about the price as we understand it. We don't care about the website as we can use it. None of us could give a dam about AI none of us want to race AI, we want to race real racers.

When we started was this true ? maybe not but then when people tried to help us we didn't mention. "But on rfactor"

This isn't rfactor. Its Iracing and theres a big cost in it. If you don't like it. "Theres always rfactor".

Back
Top Bottom