Israel-Hamas war - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
and if the Palestinians put down their weapons there would be no more west bank.

No. The Israel military is powerful enough to wipe the West Bank off the map in a matter of days, regardless of Palestinian resistance.

The Palestinians can't even prevent new Jewish settlements being built in the West Bank, let alone resist an army. So the suggestion that their weapons are preventing a total Israeli conquest is just not credible.

I knew it would be only a matter of time before Hezbollah finished cracking their knuckles and got down to some serious work.

Last edited:
Soldato
If these reports are accurate you can see it will end up exactly where you'd expect a full on middle east war. Sadly I think it's the only way they'll ever settle their differences. Periods of prolonged peace aren't actually the norm when you look at history.

Associate
Didn't an old US carrier take an absolute beating for a month straight before it was scuttled during a test? I doubt Hezbollah has the strength to actually sink one while its fully active with its strike group. Unless they have subs?

Soldato
Didn't an old US carrier take an absolute beating for a month straight before it was scuttled during a test? I doubt Hezbollah has the strength to actually sink one while its fully active with its strike group. Unless they have subs?
I think people underestimate the gulf between the US and other countries with conventional warfare. It's one thing sneaking around the jungle but in open warfare it's no contest. Not a chance anyone comes within miles of that strike group without being flattened. They learnt from the USS Cole.

Caporegime
I think people underestimate the gulf between the US and other countries with conventional warfare. It's one thing sneaking around the jungle but in open warfare it's no contest. Not a chance anyone comes within miles of that strike group without being flattened. They learnt from the USS Cole.
Things can easily be unlearned.

Raz

Raz

Soldato
Clear nonsence.

If the Israeli state were willing to employ the tactics and morality displayed by Hamas and mirrored Hamas' objectives in their actions they could kill all the Palestinians 'between the river and the sea' where as the reverse would not currently be feasible from a capability standpoint.

The both sides want each other wiped out' narrative (not to be confused with some extremists on both sides want this) is a demonstrably false and anti semtic trope trotted out to obsurcure the intentional crimes committed by Hamas members and supporters.

This is somewhat true in that if Israel wanted to, it could remove Palestinians from the map. However, Israel as a recognised state with a functioning government can't just do whatever it wants. The US and other allies, as well as other countries, might not get too involved as it is now but they would most definitely intervene if it became a governement sponsored genocide.

Associate
Just my thoughts but Hamas underestimated Israels response i feel, they probably felt Israel would be badly handicaped be laws and rules but it looks like Israel have ordered their military to do what they need to do and to hell with it.
Why would they think they'd be bound by laws when the Israeli government has been in breach of international and humanitarian laws for decades?

To those with open eyes it's clear to see the 2 genocidal regimes are cut from the same cloth.

Reactions: SPG
Man of Honour
If these reports are accurate you can see it will end up exactly where you'd expect a full on middle east war. Sadly I think it's the only way they'll ever settle their differences. Periods of prolonged peace aren't actually the norm when you look at history.

I dunno, so far it has only been minor skirmishes with Hezbollah, not a full mobilisation in direct confrontation, Lebanon officially is unlikely to get into a war with Israel, I can't see either Egypt or Jordan going to war with Israel, Syria has enough problems of its own though might function as a staging ground for Hezbollah, Iranian and other forces. Iran doesn't have a direct path to Israel though it is possible they and some other entities might engage in large scale missile attacks - which is where the US capabilities could come into play.

Soldato
Quite a few carriers have been sunk in various exercises, I guess it's different on paper to reality, but as I said before warfare is completely changing before our eyes with the proliferation of drones so anything is possible at this point where old tactics meet new

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom