Israel/Palestine Shenanigans

Status
Not open for further replies.
These kind of attacks go on everyday,few days ago Israeli airstrike killed a family of 12 including five children.Target was the Gaza police chief who was not even there.

taysir-al-batsh-home.jpg

they probably knocked on the roof with a mini warhead first though so it's fine lol.... :rolleyes:
no other country in the world would get away with roof knocking or dropping thousands of leaflets telling the civilians to leave, isn't gaza bordered off so they can't leave anyway?

Article 22(5) of the 1969 American Convention on Human Rights states: “No one can be expelled from the territory of the state of which he is a national or be deprived of the right to enter it.” Article 22(9) states: “The collective expulsion of aliens is prohibited.”

Additional Protocol II
Article 17 of the 1977 Additional Protocol II provides:
1. The displacement of the civilian population shall not be ordered for reasons related to the conflict unless the security of the civilians involved or imperative military reasons so demand. Should such displacements have to be carried out, all possible measures shall be taken in order that the civilian population may be received under satisfactory conditions of shelter, hygiene, health, safety and nutrition.
2. Civilians shall not be compelled to leave their own territory for reasons connected with the conflict

Surely trying to get the civilians to leave gaza so you can lay it to waste would also be covered by one of these?
ICC Statute
Pursuant to Article 6(e) of the 1998 ICC Statute, “[f]orcibly transferring children of the group to another group” constitutes genocide when “committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group”.
Pursuant to Article 7(1)(d) of the 1998 ICC Statute, “[d]eportation or forcible transfer of the population”, “when committed as part of a widespread or systematic attack directed against any civilian population, with knowledge of the attack,” constitutes a crime against humanity.
Under Article 8(2)(a)(vii) of the 1998 ICC Statute, “nlawful deportation or transfer” constitutes a war crime in international armed conflicts.
Under Article 8(2)(b)(viii) of the 1998 ICC Statute, “the deportation or transfer [by the Occupying Power] of all or parts of the population of the occupied territory within or outside [the territory it occupies]”, constitutes a war crime in international armed conflicts.
Under Article 8(2)(e)(viii) of the 1998 ICC Statute, “[o]rdering the displacement of the civilian population for reasons related to the conflict, unless the security of the civilians involved or imperative military reasons so demand”, constitutes a war crime in non-international armed conflicts.

Last edited:
Apparently a UN agency has just discovered 20 rockets in a (currently) vacant School.

Re the kids on the beach, from what I saw on the news yesterday that beach is often used to launch rockets from (one of the journalists said she had heard them launch in the past), but the Israelis should be much more careful with where they target, but given the background it would be a risky place for anyone to be. especially during active operations.

Apparently a UN agency has just discovered 20 rockets in a (currently) vacant School.

Re the kids on the beach, from what I saw on the news yesterday that beach is often used to launch rockets from (one of the journalists said she had heard them launch in the past), but the Israelis should be much more careful with where they target, but given the background it would be a risky place for anyone to be. especially during active operations.

Hiding weapons in schools but so many people claiming only Israel are the bad guys here. :o

Two hours into the ceasefire there were three mortar shells were fired from Gaza. Landed in the southern Israeli region of Eshkol.

What are they thinking!? :rolleyes:

Sympathy for the Palestinians is quickly evaporating :(.

According to the Israeli FM there was no ceasefire agreed in the first place.

By that logic, the whole of Gaza is a 'risky place to be'. Nowhere is actually safe is it? Israel will target hospitals, journalists, schools, civilian homes, streets, beaches etc and then say, Hamas were firing rockets from there. That must make it okay then I suppose? The facts, i.e. the ratio of deaths on each side paints a much truer picture of what is actually taking place, and has been taking place for years. It's almost like going into someones home and butchering their kids, parents, entire family with machine guns and then calling for a ceasefire cos they have the nerve to throw stones at you. When a stone actually hits your leg, they have broken the ceasefire so you continue. I mean how sick and twisted have you got to be to even think that Israel has a right to do what it's doing? You have Israeli citizens condemning the actions of their own state. You have hundreds possibly thousands of orthodox jews who have been protesting and speaking out against Israel for decades.

Israel simply puts two fingers up to international law, why though? I was saying years ago on these forums that Israel isn't interested in any peace deal at all, they are preparing for a full scale war in the Middle East where they will massively expand their borders. Someone has touched upon this a few posts back referring the 'Greater Israel'. When people start to accept that Israel isn't actually interested in any peace deal at all, as their actions over the past decade and more clearly suggest, you can then start to look into what exactly are they planning? Even if you believe this to be a little far fetched, I advise you to look into the re-building of the temple in Jerusalem which Israel is also planning, and the massive expansion of it's borders.

What this latest incident has shown me is that Israel still has a lot of propaganda work to do because they have been receiving widespread condemnation for their actions, much more then they would have wanted, and when this full scale war starts they will not want to look like the aggressor rather the saviour who is acting on behalf of all the western world to deal with this menace that is Islam which is a threat to all mankind.

“Every time we do something you tell me Americans will do this and will do that. I want to tell you something very clear, don’t worry about American pressure on Israel. We, the Jewish people, control America, and the Americans know it.” -Ariel Sharon

45 kids killed so far. 230 people in total.

Ayelet Shaked of the ultra-nationalist Jewish Home party called for the slaughter of Palestinian mothers who give birth to "little snakes."
"They have to die and their houses should be demolished so that they cannot bear any more terrorists," Shaked said, adding, "They are all our enemies and their blood should be on our hands. This also applies to the mothers of the dead terrorists.”
The remarks are considered as a call for genocide as she declared that all Palestinians are Israel's enemies and must be killed.
The development comes as many officials from various countries have slammed Israel's airstrikes on the Gaza Strip. The Turkish prime minister is the latest to condemn the offensive, accusing Israel of massacring the Palestinians.
Recep Tayyip Erdogan has lashed out at Israel, saying it is committing state terrorism against the Palestinians in the region. Speaking in parliament, he also questioned the world’s silence toward Tel Aviv’s ongoing atrocities.
Reacting to Shaked's remarks, the Turkish premier said Israel's policy in Gaza is no different than Hitler's mentality.
"An Israeli woman said Palestinian mothers should be killed, too. And she's a member of the Israeli parliament. What is the difference between this mentality and Hitler's?" Erdogan asked.
The developments come as the UN agency for Palestinian refugees has recently said women and children make up a sizeable number of Palestinian fatalities caused by Israeli attacks on the besieged region.

Last edited:

But I thought that the Palestinians could do no wrong and everything is Israel's fault? :confused:

Idiots for hiding weapons in schools , I believe Israelis they don't care who they target as longs as its not on camera, they killed another protester in the west bank this week. As long as they have APIC & support form west who dare challenge them?

Idiots for hiding weapons in schools

well no very clever. they pick schools, hospitals senior centers, play grounds to store and launch attacks from because they know their rockets probably aren't going to do ****, but an Israeli counter attack that kills a few Palestinian children?

For Hamas that's a greater victory than every rocket of their barrage finding it's target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom